NEurope
flameboy

Gross dog harrasses me I get blamed.

Re. kids in restaurants. Do you not think that if the parents could get the children to calm down they would? What they should be doing is taking the child out until they calm down and then bring them back in. Depending where I am I don't mind children at all in restaurants playing around/having some fun because we all did that as a child ourself.

I do and I don't mind it. I don't mind it in the sense of having fun but I do mind it because I don't want to be seeing kids be a nuisance and getting in the way or getting hurt, it's very dangerous to be doing that. There's sharp edges in the corners of tables and the waiters (or yourself) are carrying hot plates of food. They could poke their eye, bang their head or burn themselves.

I should have elaborated more but what I meant in my other post was children screaming when they don't get what they want. Like, if one of them asks for ice cream and the parents say no, the next thing you hear is "aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" and then a bunch of cries and then massive screams again. Then the parents are like "Well, you're not going to get it so sit there screaming for as long as you like" and I'm like "No, tell your child to stop screaming, you inconsiderate nutter!"

Those are the types I hate.

Yeah obviously the parents need to make sure they're being safe and not getting in anyone's way!

I do and I don't mind it. I don't mind it in the sense of having fun but I do mind it because I don't want to be seeing kids be a nuisance and getting in the way or getting hurt, it's very dangerous to be doing that. There's sharp edges in the corners of tables and the waiters (or yourself) are carrying hot plates of food. They could poke their eye, bang their head or burn themselves.

I should have elaborated more but what I meant in my other post was children screaming when they don't get what they want. Like, if one of them asks for ice cream and the parents say no, the next thing you hear is "aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" and then a bunch of cries and then massive screams again. Then the parents are like "Well, you're not going to get it so sit there screaming for as long as you like" and I'm like "No, tell your child to stop screaming, you inconsiderate nutter!"

Those are the types I hate.

But what are they going to say to stop their child from screaming?

Whilst it is annoying, the kid needs to learn that having a tantrum doesn't get them anywhere. Pleading with them to be quiet isn't going to help, you can't really threaten them with anything (although a good clip round the ear would probably help, but that will 'damage the kid beyond repair' :rolleyes:). Once the kid has had a couple of tantrums without results it'll soon realise that it's not going to work. The worst thing the parent can do is give in to the kids tantrum because they're embarrassed by the fact the kid is making a scene. I very much doubt the parent is sitting there thinking "my kid is annoying everyone but I don't care", they probably are feeling bad about it but know they have to stick it out a few times.

I hate dogs.

Beasts.

If a dog ever tried to bite me I'd happily kill it myself.

I swear that if people viewed dogs less as part of the family, then when they turn and start chewing on a kid's face they'd act faster and probably save the kid's life.

I bet they try shouting the dogs name, trying to get it off gently or some bullshit.

Rather than putting their foot full force on the fucker's neck.

Shoulda just punched it in the face and carried on walking. (didn't see Jonst's post before this, i r fail)

I often wonder if I could win a fight against a Dog. In my head it seems reasonable that a human would win but too many people seem to get eaten by them. I guess you never really hear about the times when the person won the fight.

It's cool will' date=' it's a question I actually often ask myself, and actually something I find quite interesting! Could one be animal enough to survive a fight with one?

It really pisses me off when people just shout their dog's name and expect it to come back. They've clearly never even trained it to sit down, never mind respond to it's name, return, stay or heel. Yet for some reason they think shouting its name enough will make it come running.

Funny enough, whilst out in the park yesterday celebrating my birthday, a group of young(like teenage and younger) were presumably walking a dog, our attention turned to them when we heard ALL(there was like 7 of them as well) of them shouting to this one dog as it was running off, and running after it screaming. It looked such a shambles on their part.

Yeah, I mean the dog was probably only jumping up being friendly, so naturally it deserved a kick in the face for it's troubles.

If anyone did that to my dog, I'd kick their fucking face in. Granted, mine would be on a lead, but mistakes happen.

Sure, give the owner an earful, but leave the dogs alone. They only know what they've been trained to do. Their natural behaviour is curiosity and friendliness (depending on breed, obviously. All but a few are naturally friendly).

What a dog thinks is friendly and how the person on the receiving end interprets it is often vastly different. Do we all somehow owe dogs a courtesy of running up and invading personal space? I don't think we do.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

One day, as I was walking from my old school to the nearby field with a friend, we passed a house with an open yard. Suddenly I saw a big dog coming towards me from the yard, and while it was big and very interested in me, I told myself that it was just curious and probably just wanted to talk. Before I knew it, however, its teeth were planted solidly in my right butt-cheek! It didn't actually hurt that much (I was wearing trousers), but the surprise made me yelp, and the owner, whom I hadn't noticed was painting the fence in the yard, called the dog to him. I was so shocked I just kept walking, but later my dad drove there to have a talk with the guy about it. I haven't seen the dog out since except one time when it was in a cage (and barking like mad at me when I passed :heh:).

I had the nicest, symmetrical set of teeth marks on my butt for a while. :heh:

One day, as I was walking from my old school to the nearby field with a friend, we passed a house with an open yard. Suddenly I saw a big dog coming towards me from the yard, and while it was big and very interested in me, I told myself that it was just curious and probably just wanted to talk. Before I knew it, however, its teeth were planted solidly in my right butt-cheek! It didn't actually hurt that much (I was wearing trousers), but the surprise made me yelp, and the owner, whom I hadn't noticed was painting the fence in the yard, called the dog to him. I was so shocked I just kept walking, but later my dad drove there to have a talk with the guy about it. I haven't seen the dog out since except one time when it was in a cage (and barking like mad at me when I passed :heh:).

Sure it was just being friendly mate.

There, that was your mistake: dogs can't talk ;)

The thing is its all very well and good letting a dog out without a leash... but you don't know how someone else might react to them. I really don't like dogs at all thanks to being bitten in the face by one as a child... so I certainly appreciate it when people have the good sense to keep a dog on a lead. It's not like you can't get extendable leads to give them freedom to roam, it just means the owner has the opportunity to take control immediately if needs be. So they can stop a young child from being knocked over, or a poor frightened bastard from having a panic attack.

This makes me furious, more than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I like friendly animals, whatever type of animal it is. The vast majority of dogs come up to me wagging their tail, I say "Hello mate" and there's no problem. What annoys me is that some owners don't appreciate the situations in which a dog will become aggressive. They always guard their territory, for instance, so they absolutely must be kept behind fences and gates at home.

As I say, if a friendly dog runs up to me in a field, no problem, but owners will insist on keeping them off leads in less appropriate areas. I was walking through tight, bendy woodland when a black labrador came running round a corner. We were both surprised and it started barking at me. I just talked calmly to it and it settled down, but I resented the fact that the owners hadn't taken enough precautions to prevent that problem.

It'd just make the world a nicer place if dog owners accepted that, yes, most people like a nice animal, but if it does something like stop a jogger, they're in the wrong.

Beasts.

So you're saying you'd take pleasure in killing something? And dogs are the beasts?

What a dog thinks is friendly and how the person on the receiving end interprets it is often vastly different. Do we all somehow owe dogs a courtesy of running up and invading personal space? I don't think we do.

No, but we do owe dogs the courtesy of not punching them the face for trying to be friendly. Push them away by all means, but until you know they're being aggressive, leave the violence out of it. And you can tell if a dog is being aggressive long before it bites.

And as for easily being able to kill a dog. Depends on the breed. I'm assuming that people are thinking of medium size dogs. If it were as easy as some people here suggest, the police and military wouldn't use attack dogs. Breaking somethings neck is pretty hard once it's up to it's gums in your wrist and thrashing all over the place trying to tear your arm off.

So you're saying you'd take pleasure in killing something? And dogs are the beasts?

Oh I see.

I'm the beast?!

I'M THE BEAST?!

...yeah, I suppose I am.

And you can tell if a dog is being aggressive long before it bites.

Um, I couldn't. I didn't know the dog had any malicious intentions before its teeth were in my butt. Either it wasn't actually "attacking" me per se, or I wasn't paying enough attention, because otherwise it was impossible to see that it was going to attack me.

Also, just to mention it, I believe it was a German Shepherd of reasonable size. Its mouth was at level with my butt, hence the point of attack.

Don't worry, Flameboy - Judge Marilyn Milian is on your side:

Yeah, sorry if I went too far. I despise cruelty of all kinds and was torn between risking the endorsement of violence and passing on potentially useful advice.

Your advice is to kick it in the bollocks?

1. I think a few people would have thought of that themselves.

2. What if it is female/neutered?

Your advice is to kick it in the bollocks?

1. I think a few people would have thought of that themselves.

2. What if it is female/neutered?

OK, the groin then. You're being very pedantic. As for your first point, my advice was much more complex than that.

I hate dogs.

Beasts.

I swear that if people viewed dogs less as part of the family, then when they turn and start chewing on a kid's face they'd act faster and probably save the kid's life.

I bet they try shouting the dogs name, trying to get it off gently or some bullshit.

Rather than putting their foot full force on the fucker's neck.

I think that's a very narrow-minded viewpoint. Dogs aren't in the business of chewing kids faces off. Dogs, like humans, sometimes do things they aren't meant to do depending on its 'personality'. Some humans do bad things, the majority don't. Same with dogs.

That's fine then.

I'm not saying I go around kicking dogs or something crazy.

If a dog were to bite me I would kill it though.

And I wouldn't kick it to death or anything mean like that.

You pull the front legs of the dog apart as fast and far as possible and it causes a heart attack.

I think.

Dunno, never tried it.

I hope I don't have to.

Dogs scare the shit out of me.

I do hope to own this dog one day though:

old_english_sheepdog_1.jpg

tumblr_l3z8m6KU581qzkuzio1_250.gif

You pull the front legs of the dog apart as fast and far as possible and it causes a heart attack.

I heard that too, but it would be very difficult to do while being attacked. You'd need both hands to defend yourself.

I'd tempt the dog with my sausage sized...

Reading my other posts back it comes off that I'm more mean than I am.

In all honesty I'm more scared of dogs than anything else, after being attacked by one as a kid.

It chewed my *face!

*Hand.

That's fine then.

I'm not saying I go around kicking dogs or something crazy.

If a dog were to bite me I would kill it though.

And I wouldn't kick it to death or anything mean like that.

I think.

Dunno, never tried it.

I hope I don't have to.

Dogs scare the shit out of me.

I do hope to own this dog one day though:

old_english_sheepdog_1.jpg

tumblr_l3z8m6KU581qzkuzio1_250.gif

If dogs scare you so much there's more chance of you being bitten by one. Dogs are very in tune with human emotions and if you are scared of them, they will be scared of you and possibly defend themselves through fear aggression, even though they really have no reason to, a dog's mind works differently to ours. My Lucy has nipped people who are scared of dogs, like my sister's fiancé. But with strangers who are used to dogs, she is fine. She is a rescue dog so something must have happened to her before we got her, you never know.

I've been round to people's houses before and have been told that their dog hates men and usually bite them but I insist that I meet the dog. Sure enough, it comes bounding in, barking and showing teeth, but I don't react at all - just stand there without adopting a defensive stance or making eye contact. The dog eventually realises I'm not a threat. Once it leaves me alone, I will crouch down to make myself smaller and let the dog sniff me. Eventually I'll get my hand nudged like it wants attention and within a few minutes I can stroke this so called viscous dog.

Takes some practice, but you need to show no fear. The majority of dogs will not bite you if they don't have a reason to.

If dogs scare you so much there's more chance of you being bitten by one. Dogs are very in tune with human emotions and if you are scared of them, they will be scared of you and possibly defend themselves through fear aggression,

No they aren't. This whole "dogs can sense your fear" thing is bollocks. the fact is that when we're scared of something, it's pretty obvious. Our entire body language says it. If somebody was shit scared of me, I'd be able to tell. Dogs don't have any special senses, they're just reading blatantly obvious body language.

He didn't say they had special senses, he said that they were very in tune with it. That just means they can tell what our mood/intentions are, just like we can tell other humans moods/intentions.

Very in tune with human emotions ≠ better at it than us.