N-Europe

The "We Love Eddage" Thread

Aneres11

Howdy lads and lasses.

*If this can be moved to another post / existing thread please do so and feel free to slap my wrist*.

I need an avatar and signature people.

Would like to create my own, but find it all a tad confusing. :hmm:

Would just like to know how you guys have created yours?

Seen some particularly good ones (looking at you Eddage) and though I don't expect to create one quite so good, would like to try and put my creative stamp on one.

If it makes a difference I use a MacBook Pro.

Thanks muchly for any help. :grin::D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy lads and lasses.

*If this can be moved to another post / existing thread please do so and feel free to slap my wrist*.

Seen some particularly good ones (looking at you Eddage) and though I don't expect to create one quite so good, would like to try and put my creative stamp on one.

I can make you one if you want.

Just name a game/film/something for a theme and I can knock one up.

If you want it in a similar style to mine then something that uses a good font for it's logo (although not ridiculously complicated so it can't be replicated) helps.

If you want it in a similar style to mine then something that uses a good font for it's logo (although not ridiculously complicated so it can't be replicated) helps.

Could I send you a request also? :woops:

If it's not too much trouble, of course.

(It'd be great to have an Alfred Hitchcock-ian+Psycho themed sig :) Basically what I have now...but something that actually looks visually appealing)

Oooh really?! Your's is amazing and I loved your Pokemon one too with Galvantula. :grin::bowdown:

I'm not really sure what to go for, but I have just added a Starmie avatar as it's my favourite Pokemon.

Maybe a Starmie one that says my name. Possibly underwater themed? If you could write my name in the 'Pokemon' font it would be something special!

And, (its a big and), I love that your's has the flashing light thing going on. :grin:

Is there a way to get Starmie's power gem in its middle to flash?

I know that's asking a bit much but if possible I would love you forever. :grin:

Edited by Aneres11

Oooh really?! Your's is amazing and I loved your Pokemon one too with Galvantula. :grin::bowdown:

I'm not really sure what to go for, but I have just added a Starmie avatar as it's my favourite Pokemon.

Maybe a Starmie one that says my name. Possibly underwater themed? If you could write my name in the 'Pokemon' font it would be something special!

And, (its a big and), I love that your's has the flashing light thing going on. :grin:

Is there a way to get Starmie's power gem in its middle to flash?

I know that's asking a bit much but if possible I would love you forever. :grin:

I'll see what I can do!

Could I send you a request also? :woops:

If it's not too much trouble, of course.

(It'd be great to have an Alfred Hitchcock-ian+Psycho themed sig :) Basically what I have now...but something that actually looks visually appealing)

Frank-sig-1.png

How's that?

Based it on the logo for Psycho...

Untitled-6.gif

Then added a couple of blood splatters because it looked too plain with just the text and Hitchcock silhouette.

Edited by Eddage

Howdy lads and lasses.

Your current avatar is the best thing. Why would you change it?

Eddage thats a sick sig (talking about the one you just made, but your current one is also awesome).

And Aneres, you should keep the avatar and get a similar signature (Starmie, curved edges, very thin border). Consistency win.

Yup, am keeping the avatar and think Eddage is working on a Staryu / Starmie themed sig depending on if he can find a decent pic of one of them.

I'm very excited. :yay:

Hey Eddage, I've been meaning to ask this since I saw the Pokemon signature moving. How do you do it and what program do you use? Is it Flash? I've always wanted to try and have a go at making an animated signature but didn't for two reasons.

1: I didn't know where to begin

2: I'm not sure whether N-E would accept the file size

...but seriously, I love your signatures, especially the latest one!

Yup, am keeping the avatar and think Eddage is working on a Staryu / Starmie themed sig depending on if he can find a decent pic of one of them.

I'm very excited. :yay:

pokemon-sig_01.png

pokemon-sig_02.pngpokemon-sig_03_gem_test.gifpokemon-sig_04.png

pokemon-sig_05.png

???

If you want to use it then the code for your sig is...

[noparse]pokemon-sig_01.png

pokemon-sig_05.png[/noparse]

Had to split it up to keep the file size down for the animation. I couldn't actually find a decent image in the end so I just re-drew a picture from one of the trading cards.

Edited by Eddage

(Am really stunned.)

You're not the only one, that's amazing Eddage!

It's an [animated gif].

In Gimp you simply make them by making multiple layers. When you save it as gif, it will save it as an animation.

So you make the layers first in Photoshop and then put it through layers in Gimp, right? (or am I on the wrong wavelength...) :grin:

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

You're not the only one, that's amazing Eddage!

So you make the layers first in Photoshop and then put it through layers in Gimp, right? (or am I on the wrong wavelength...) :grin:

I use a program called microsoft gif animator. I create the frames (in this case the gem lit and the gem dimmed) then put those into the program and you can edit how long each frame lasts, etc.

Could probably do it directly in Photoshop but I don't know how :heh:

And thanks for the compliments guys!

Could probably do it directly in Photoshop but I don't know how :heh:

Its actually surprisingly easy.

- Make Photoshop file. Have each frame of animation as a layer.

- Click the "convert to adobe image editor" button, bottom left corner.

- Open frame/animation window.

- Click the icon that (when hovered over) says "frames" or something, then click "convert layers to frames"

- Then you can adjust time. Then "Save Optimised As."

Youtube tutorial it/it is easy bled.

pokemon-sig_01.png

pokemon-sig_05.png

???

If you want to use it then the code for your sig is...

Had to split it up to keep the file size down for the animation. I couldn't actually find a decent image in the end so I just re-drew a picture from one of the trading cards.

Looks ace!

I just sent him a picture message with the sig as i know he is in work and wouldn't be able to see it yet, his reply:

"Oh my fuckin good lord the boy is a first class genius. I looooove it!!!"

So basically i think he approves! :p