N-Europe

Star Wars Blu-Ray Details Announced

Cube

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the changes in the Star Wars universe. Gives the films new meanings all over again. Georgio at least uses tech for shits and giggles. Fair play to the guy. Star wars was his vision and he can change it however he wants.

But I do think at times it's almost comical the things that are changed. Vader: "No!"

Brilliant...

I got this box set on Friday, it is a beautiful box. Havent really had a chance to watch much apart from the first half an hour of A New Hope. I previously had the 1997 remastered edition on VHS and this looks a million times better.

Obi Wan's dragon call is hilarious though.

Watched Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones last night.

Episode 1 is enjoyable in parts (podracer and final battles), it looks amazing in some scenes but the Gungans looks rather ropey in HD (due to the CGI). The podracer section is gorgeous in HD. The sounds are amazing.

Episode 2. Fairly boring mostly, but the bits on Kamino and everything on Geonosis is brilliant. GCI looks mostly brilliant in it, but still some ropey bits (this time it's mainly jumps/somersaults/kicks that were done in GCI instead of a stunt double and a harness).

Only changes I noticed in both were

- GCI Yoga in episode 1.

- Obi/Jango fight on Kamino seemed longer (IIRC, some bits were removed from previous UK versions).

That's the two poorer ones out the way. Now it's just four brilliant films to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I was looking at the box for this in the store earlier and just drooling. Then I spotted they were showing a HD trailer for it on one of the screens, was the battle at Hoth from Ep 5. Looked so stunning in HD, so clear and vivid like it was a newly made film.

I so want to get it but I already have all 6 films in the respective trilogy boxsets on DVD and I always said I wouldn't buy a BluRay if I already had it on DVD... but man this is too tempting :heh:

I don't know why they don't pull their fingers out and do some stuff that really needs remixing. I can always remember how (on the VHS) they were bragging about how they were able to reduce the black line on the Rancor when he's battling with Luke in Jabba's Palace. Why can't they focus on this? (Assuming they haven't already done so, since one of their major selling points is that Ewoks can now blink) or sexify the space battles.

A more epic Death Star battle (any of them) would look awesome.

Personally I always thought the Vader vs Old Obi Wan 'fight' could do with improving.

Yes you can say Obi Wan isn't trying... but it's a joke, the way they shuffle around with really awkward jabs at one another. I'd really like to see that redone with some energy to it!

And yeah, the Space Battles/Ship crashes/Explosions could do with some work.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!