N-Europe

Bin Laden is Dead

Platty

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the same token when I see some actual proof that he was killed last night then I'll admit I'm wrong.

And what do you take as "actual proof"?

DNA tests would be actual proof (although it takes time, and the results aren't here, yet. IF a test has been done.) but you said "they could be fake".

So if some doctor determines the time of death and reports this via the media it's fair to assume that you say "He's lying".

It's nice that the figurehead is out of commission, but there are 100 more of him. I find anyone partying over death distasteful. Like... grow up.

That's the way I see it too. I don't like how so many people are romanticising the war and making Bin Laden into some kind of super-villain. It seems like they think that having killed this villain all the problems will go away, but I fear that anything, Bin Laden will be avenged. All he was, was a crazy man with too much power, just like there have been countless of throughout history, and of which there will be many more to come. Treating him as any more than that is just honouring him.

And what do you take as "actual proof"?

DNA tests would be actual proof (although it takes time, and the results aren't here, yet. IF a test has been done.) but you said "they could be fake".

So if some doctor determines the time of death and reports this via the media it's fair to assume that you say "He's lying".

I've already said, video of the shooting, where he is identifiable.

No, if it's solid proof, clearly showing him getting shot than I'll accept that.

Probably never happen though, doubt the video will get released.

You'll just say the video is faked too with whatever the photoshop equivalent is for video.

It's not customary to video people on their deathbed, unlike government sanctioned assassinations.

Meaning there is no way to prove your claim, therefore we have to believe it and you dismiss every other point of view being extremely negative about them, as Ashley already pointed out.

Can't you just accept that a lot of us do not believe that Bin Laden has died years ago, but rather believe he was killed today?

I don't believe in God, other's do. I don't go out calling them idiots, though. I simply accept that they do and go on with my life.

Edited by drahkon

It's not customary to video people on their deathbed, unlike government sanctioned assassinations.

He was assassinated now?

I thought the conspiracy theories all revolved around him being blown up or something.

Might've been this guy though.

300px-Saddamsp.jpg

"Eh relax gah, have a rest!"

You'll just say the video is faked too with whatever the photoshop equivalent is for video.

Maybe you would in my position, but no.

Meaning there is no way to prove your claim, therefore we have to believe it and you dismiss every other point of view being extremely negative about them, as Ashley already pointed out.

Can't you just accept that a lot of us do not believe that Bin Laden has died years ago, but rather believe he was killed today?

I don't believe in God, other's do. I don't go out calling them idiots, though. I simply accept that they do and go on with my life.

I accept that you all believe he was killed last night.

But I'm being insulted for not believing it.

So how does this work, because I'm in the minority it's OK to insult and berate me

He was assassinated now?

If what you all believe is true that's what it would amount too.

He always said he'd never be captured alive, so going after him was always going to be to kill him.

If what you all believe is true that's what it would amount too.

He always said he'd never be captured alive, so going after him was always going to be to kill him.

This is where our definitions of assassinate may differ. To me assassinate means doing it secretly. Having a military operation to blow the shit out an enemy base doesn't scream Agent 47 to me.

Just because he was killed doesn't mean he was assassinated.

I'm not sure.. Kinda off topic but I believe funerals should be a time to remember the good and funny stuff about a person. Everyone i've been to has people cracking jokes and stuff and it's better, then the inevitable session. So I would say we party over death :D

I know that wasn't your point in the case of Bin Laden, but even with someone like Michael Jackson.. I don't see why death is so taboo sometimes. Like "shhh you can't joke about his DEATH......until 2 days at least" Such bullshit.

Death is the most immense thing that could ever happen to you, i do think it deserves a nod of respect, even if you are far detatched from the person. Sure i laugh when the fat guy snuffs it in Dumb and Dumber, and stuff. But this is real life!

I guess i might laugh at a funeral, but i'd have a healthy dose of morose, too. Not the place for flippancy!

Well it certainly doesn't seem like it, blindly following what the media tells you and instantly dismissing any alternatives and insulting anyone who puts them forward doesn't seem very free thinking to me.

P.S: It's not so much about intelligence as what you do with it, what good is the smartest man in the world if all he does is blindly follow orders his whole life.

Blindly following what any alternatives tells you and instantly dismissing the media and insulting anyone who puts that forward doesn't seem very free thinking to me.

P.S: Insert irrelevant quote here

what he said....

My issue with you Mad Monkey is more the way you go about putting your point across. I have plenty of free thinking thoughts in my life and don't need to justify myself to person who apparently lives in the jungle.

Yep, I fight fire with fire.

You should participate in an anti-terror campaign *witty remark about anti-terror campaigns* :p

Agreed, now take a look back and see who started dishing out the insults first.

Now take a closer look at Ellmeister's simile.

Edited by drahkon

I think he is still alive living in a impenetrable bubble.

Where is your evidence, Coolness? I'm not going to believe you until I see some proof. Such as the schematics of this so-called bubble, or video footage of Osama inside the bubble.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!