N-Europe

Bin Laden is Dead

Platty

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand why they'd want to show the Americans going overkill on Osama, but why is he portrayed as being some hardcore Jack Daniels addict?

If there's two things that we knew for a FACT about Osama Bin Laden:

(1) He needed a drop of Dutch courage before making an inflammatory anti-West Video

(2) He loved the pussy.

2)believe it or not, a mans DNA is not identical to his dads. He also has some DNA from a being known as his "Mother". This means his DNA will be close, but not identical, to his dad's.

Funny, I thought the DNA was tasted against his sisters, not his.

The death of a sister of Osama bin Laden at Massachusetts General Hospital allowed the United States to confirm bin Laden's death, ABC News reported.

When his sister died in Boston, tissue from her body was taken by government officials for DNA testing, ABC News correspondent Brian Ross reported.

A source told NewsCenter 5 that bin Laden's sister died in Boston about a year ago.

The tissue sample was used to match the DNA found on the man killed by special forces troops who conducted the raid on bin Laden's Pakistani compound.

So it was, so they'd only be able to confirm family member status from a DNA test, not his actual identity.

Funny, I thought the DNA was tasted against his sisters, not his.

So it was, so they'd only be able to confirm family member status from a DNA test, not his actual identity.

full sister or half? I cba to find out myself, but presuming it's full sister so closest to him

they share a mum and dad, so fair enough, a fair chunk of similarity (DNA people know what %?) But unless Laden's son was the result of incestuous relations with one of his sister, the son will still only have 50% of his DNA coming from Laden family.

Either way, if you are going conspiracy theory I still stand by my initial stance, why do a test at all, just say you did it, and then "some admin idiot destroyed it".

Assuming she's a full sister, then the average shared genetic material would be 50%, but with siblings it can vary massively. Which is not to say the test is bad - there's an extremely high likelihood of some shared DNA, which would make a postive result pretty likely. In one of the news articles I saw, it said that there was a 99.9% chance it was correct, which is way above the 95% "reasonable doubt" margin.

I love how conspiracy theorists are always capable of denying any evidence found as inconclusive or fabricated. Conspiracy theories work exactly because they're self-sustaining: Any and every proof, explanation and piece of evidence (or, indeed, lack thereof) provided will be used as proof that something is going on that someone is trying to cover up, Occam's razor be damned.

I haven't followed the news on this at all because I don't really care because I don't really think it's going to make anything change, as a result I never bothered checking, but did they offer some solid proof this actually happened?

I love how conspiracy theorists are always capable of denying any evidence found as inconclusive or fabricated. Conspiracy theories work exactly because they're self-sustaining: Any and every proof, explanation and piece of evidence (or, indeed, lack thereof) provided will be used as proof that something is going on that someone is trying to cover up, Occam's razor be damned.

Isn't denial the first stage of grief?