N-Europe

Bit.Trip Saga

Retro_Link

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15343

News: BIT.TRIP Compilation Headed for 3DS

Aksys Games announces it is to release a compilation of Gaijin's superb BIT.TRIP series for 3DS...

Fans of the psychedelic WiiWare gem BIT.TRIP may be inclined to pry themselves away from any romantic regality today, as Aksys Games have announced they are to release a compilation of the entire series on 3DS.

BIT.TRIP SAGA, will feature fully 3D-fied versions of every one of Gaijin Games' creations, which are:

•BIT.TRIP BEAT

•BIT.TRIP CORE

•BIT.TRIP VOID

•BIT.TRIP RUNNER

•BIT.TRIP FATE

•BIT.TRIP FLUX

A release of BIT.TRIP SAGA is expected, in North America at least, some time in autumn 2011.

I imagine we'll see a PAL version.

The series was made for 3D!

• 1 month later...

Oooooooh. One of the only non-Nintendo games coming out before christmas that I'm actually interested in. Gaijin have confirmed recently it will come to Europe, they just aren't sure when =[

I was worried we might not get this.

http://twitter.com/#!/GaijinGames/status/82873026609291264

@FreakingWesley It'll come to EU. We're not sure of the release date yet, but it'll make it overseas.

• 2 months later...

IGN Review - 8.0

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/119/1196310p1.html

Closing Comments

The developers really should have included the new content they created for the Wii version of this collection, but luckily it has enough 3DS-specific pros to make up for this exclusion. With addictive gameplay, gorgeous and creative use of 3D, and some amazing new control options, portable gaming enthusiasts have no reason to pass this title up.

And even though the $40 price tag looks high at first glance, it actually costs about the same as buying these titles individually on WiiWare (they range from $6 to $8 each on the Wii Shop Channel).
Edited by Retro_Link

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Was browsing Amazon, Zavvi and ShopTo earlier, and noticed they all had this game listed for release on February 17th. Fingers crossed that date will stick.

I was wrong. It was going to be March 23rd, but they've moved it forward to March the 16th now.

I'm suprised the 3DS version is so expensive, when compared to the Wii package, but I'm guessing this could be a rare game someday, plus these games are perfect for handheld gaming, so I shall be keeping my pre-order! :bouncy:

• 4 weeks later...

Got my copy from ShopTo this morning. Read some reviews that said the frame rate is constantly poor, but I've played quite a few games now, and only experienced a little lag in a Bit Trip Runner stage when there was a lot happening on screen. It's a great little collection, but the lack of online leaderboards is a real shame, especially as they would work better on 3DS when it came to comparing scores with others from your friend roster. Still, I highly recommened this if you haven't played the Bit Trip games before, or fancy having them for playing on the 'go' or completing the set if you've already own 1 or 2 titles on WiiWare like myself. Boy, Bit Trip Core is tough! :heh:

Amazon shipped mine today, but I noticed the lowered the price to £14.99 (from £17.99)! Not that bothered but Amazon are usually good at charging you the lowest price unless they refund me in a couple of days.

Spent over 10 hours with this game since last Thursday. It's so addictive! Had a quick go on the WiiWare version of Beat the other day, and found twisting the remote to control the paddle to be a right pain, compared to using the more accurate stylus here.

I wanna get the 3DS version but £36 on amazon is a piss take!

It's dropped to £22.97 now.

I asked Rising Star games, why the 3DS version was much more expensive than the Wii version, but all I got back was "We' can't go into pricing decisions I'm afraid".