N-Europe

Funny Stuff Thread

Goafer

Seriously, how on Earth can you guys remember all of that? I've read through that about five times and I have no clue what you're all talking about, lmao.

It's just a load of terms that have agreed definitions - once you know what they mean, it isn't complex. Just like using made-up words or something.

If it's any consolation, for day-to-day arithmetic, there's not very many reasons why you'd need to know the salient piece of information that multiplication happens before addition, and I don't think it's that great a measure of someone's intelligence whether they can or cannot carry out that sum correctly.

Yeah, maths was never my strong point, lol. But yeah, thanks :)

Lol at people adamantly insisting on a wrong result without ever considering why the other party is saying what they're saying.

Lol at it sparking a discussion regarding mathematical groups between our finest mathematical experts, brainfarting ReZ in the process.

Sheer wonder that chairdriver thought to bring up mathematical groups to describe that simple equation. Students of advanced mathematics (might be the wrong term) never cease to amaze me with their insight.

Also, my sleepy and tired state, plus your discussion, has lead me to make a weird analogy:

England = N

Wales = 0

Scotland = Negative Integers

Great Britain = Z

Northern Ireland = Fractions

UK = Q

Ireland = Irrational Numbers

British Isles = R

...Yeah, I need to sleep.

Edited by Jonnas

There isn't any malice in it at all. It was all a joke, he's different in his other videos, it's just a piss-take. Seriously, I really do think people need to take a joke sometimes...;). I found it funny because I don't like the original song.

It's a crap video, absolutely no wit whatsoever. I don't take offence though since he is obviously trying to joke. Beyonce's song is more offensive.

Now that, I agree with, lmao.

It's obvious it's a shite video but I just thought it was a little funny because it's genuinely better than her song...

...and an awesome impersonation by Soookeh herself...:p

Seriously, I really do think people need to take a joke sometimes...;).

No, I think people need to be sensitive and not make jokes about issues that have held a whole class of people shackled for the majority of recorded history.

I'd understand if it were pointing out how awful the guy in the video is, but it isnt at all, there's just a "Women should make sandwiches and be there when Im horny. Am I right lads?" vibe.

And it's not even a good Beyonce parody, so...

No, I think people need to be sensitive and not make jokes about issues that have held a whole class of people shackled for the majority of recorded history.

I'd understand if it were pointing out how awful the guy in the video is, but it isnt at all, there's just a "Women should make sandwiches and be there when Im horny. Am I right lads?" vibe.

While we can agree that the video was terrible and not funny, I vehemently disagree with your stance on humour. I think that anything can be made fun of. But I am from Denmark, so I guess it makes sense for me to have that opinion.

Can't say I agree with her. In the last part she mentions the motives for advertising companies using "sexist" content. Is it that hard to believe that they just thought "that's pretty funny and it might sell our shit"? Not everyone is "the man" and are tying to "get you down". Some people are just plain stupid and have a crap sense of humour, the writers of the ads being a perfect example.

Sexism is everywhere. Pretty much anything aimed at men usually features something that is at the expense of women. Pretty much anything aimed at women features something at the expense of men. Rather than just piss an moan about it all, furthering the gap between men and women, why not just shrug it off and rise above it?

The whole gender thing usually boils down to the same argument from both sides. Womens being "you lot are sexist twats" and the mens being "calm down sugar tits". When the argument starts I just end up not giving a shit and let them bog themselves down with getting angry.

It seems these people just look for any excuse to be angry at something. Even in terms of feminism, these adverts are pretty trivial. Only a select few idiots base their opinions of women on them and they're not worth bothering with. In terms of feminism, there are far more important things to get bent out of shape over.

Ask anyone their true view of the other sex and once they get past the cliched stuff (Men are smelly, dumb things and women are nagging, emotional mentals), I'm fairly certain most people will reveal a quite healthy attitude. These adverts aren't going to change that. Spend your efforts tackling real feminist issues.

While we can agree that the video was terrible and not funny, I vehemently disagree with your stance on humour. I think that anything can be made fun of. But I am from Denmark, so I guess it makes sense for me to have that opinion.

I'm with you there. Nothing is sacred with me and my group of friends. :) I enjoy it that way..

This is the problem I have with the world today. You say one thing and everyone's on your back. It's very PC. It was a joke. He doesn't really think like that, just like I don't. Also, Beyonce makes a video about girls ruling the world and yet nothing is said.

Fact is, there are people out there that are ten times worse than he is and there really are chavunistic men like that out there. Everyone laughs at something that could cause other people offence such as Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle. There are videos you've probably laughed at that wasn't sensitive.

As I said, people should let their hair loose a little and not be so uptight about everything. If this was actually a serious video then I would see your point but it's obvious he's joking about, there's even a woman in the video who agreed to do it and she's not offended otherwise she wouldn't have done it.

Anyways, to contribute to the funny thread, here's a video of one of my favourite comedians: