N-Europe

Smallville

Happenstance

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One week later, I just decided to watch the Smallville finale again. And... y'know what, I feel much better about it a second time round. I had this real specific image in my head of what I wanted to see in the finale,

A good, medium shot of Welling in a real suit, and a Superman who interacted with the world in clear screen time, plus a non-future mention of the name "Superman".

But realistically, was a show that dragged us around for so long and avoided the climax so many times ever going to deliver this to a tee? Not likely. However I think what they did provide,

A fully suited "Superman", fighting off a super-evil, flying in space and saving air force one

would have been way beyond most people's expectations, and was probably the most adventurous Superman/DC thing we've ever seen in live action.

So I had some unreasonable expectations, and flew off the handle a little when they weren't met. But rewatching it just for what they did provide made me feel much better about it :)

I just wish the box set would come out in Blu-Ray. They're arguing that some of their older special effects won't translate well up from Standard Definition, but tbf, some of the effects in earlier seasons looked weak anyway :heh: Why would I buy a box set of 10 DVD seasons when there are 5 blu-ray seasons out there? They're either missing a trick here, or saving one way up their sleeve.

I hear ya Shorty i hear ya!

The biggest think i think they missed was:

Had him talk to the people, heck even if they just zoomed in on his head, you know so we could see him in real time reveal himself as they could have used that as the story for destroying the Omega symbols and driving away the planet as everyone would be inspired.

I do LOVE the final scene though, it's the music they used which got me!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Bryan Q Miller To Launch Smallville Season Eleven As A Novel

Smallville Season Ten ended as it always should have done. Clark Kent ripping the glasses from his face, pulling at his shirt, about to take flight from the top of the Daily PLanet. And that was that – aside from a bedtime story from Chloe to her son.

What happened next… well that wouldn’t be part of Smallville would it?

Or would it?

I understand that story editor and writer for the series, Bryan Q Miller, also recently of Batgirl until the DC Relaunch, is to write a new novel, tellling the story of what happened to the Smallville cast after the end of the TV series, in continuity. A Smallville Season Eleven, if you will. With Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight and Nine doing so well in comic book form, this seems a rather natural move.

Whether there will be more novels, who else will write them, and whether or not they will appear in comic book form as well, I guess we’ll wait until the official announcement to find out.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/05/bryan-q-miller-to-launch-smallville-season-eleven-as-a-novel/

I was just thinking today about how the end of Smallville only made me want it to continue. Yes it was the end of 'Smallville' in so many words, but it still felt a bit rubbish that we wouldn't see this Clark having any adventures as Superman at all now.

They should just rename Series 11 as a new 'Lois and Clark'! :D

I LOVED the Finale btw!

*I watched it when it was on E4 and so stayed out of this thread!*

The airplane scene was done really well... and Lois looked so proud of her man as he flew alongside, they smiled at one another and she finally got to see him realising his true potential!

Then the scene with him in space, and the music etc... it was great! :D

I LOVED the Finale btw!

*I watched it when it was on E4 and so stayed out of this thread!*

The airplane scene was done really well... and Lois looked so proud of her man as he flew alongside, they smiled at one another and she finally got to see him realising his true potential!

Then the scene with him in space, and the music etc... it was great! :D

I rewatched it when it aired on E4 and I did enjoy it more. Shame they split it into two episodes though. Didn't really want to have to wait a week for the second part.

• 4 weeks later...
What is that from/why/is that even real?

David E. Kelley has at last found a good use for one of the costumes left over from his rejected Wonder Woman pilot: He’s put Smallville alum Erica Durance in it.

We’ve known since mid-November that the former Lois Lane would guest star on Kelley’s legal dramedy Harry’s Law as a psychologically damaged woman who retreats into the persona of the DC Comics superheroine, but now NBC has released the first images of the actress in her star-spangled outfit. And, as we suspected, it’s the same design as one worn by Adrianne Palicki in the doomed pilot — right down to the blue stretch pants, gold-star trim and uncomfortable-looking belt. Hey, it saves on production costs.

Durance, who donned a more generic “Amazon princess†costume last year in an episode of Smallville, confessed to TVLine that it was “very surreal†to step into the genuine article.

“It was a lot of fun,†she said. “I think any woman would be lying if she didn’t have a moment’s hesitation — you know, you’re jumping into some pretty tight clothes. But it’s so much more than that. It’s such an iconic character.â€

But does Durance wish she’d had a chance to wear those trademark Wonder Woman short-shorts?

“I’m very grateful for the pants,†she told TV Guide with a laugh. “I know that people were very excited about the underwear and seeing them. To be quite frank, I don’t know if I could’ve done the underwear justice at this point in time and it might have been more upsetting for people to see me in them than to not, so I think the pants are a safe bet for me.â€

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/12/30/first-look-at-erica-durance-as-wonder-woman-on-harrys-law/

What is that from/why/is that even real?

It's from a TV show called Harry's Law / The characters she plays is mentally unstable and genuinely believes she's Wonder Woman / It's real in the sense it's TV, obviously Erica Durance isn't Wonder Woman (or is she?)

• 1 month later...

DC Comics To Launch Smallville Season 11 As Weekly Digital Comics

Last year, Bleeding Cool reported that Bryan Q Miller was to write Smallville Season Eleven novels, continuing the tale of the successful TV series after its conclusion last year.

We were wrong.

He is, in fact, writing Smallville Season Eleven comic books. To be published digitally. Weekly. Drawn by Pere Perez. With the chapters collected into print comics monthly.

The digital Smallville Season 11 comic will begin from DC Comics on April the 13th, with the first printed collection on May 16th, with Clark Kent now as Superman, and the cast of Oliver Sullivan-Queen, Chloe Sullivan-Queen, the Lanes and the Luthors.

Gary Frank of Batman Earth One does print covers, Cat Staggs does digital covers (below) nd… basically this is all down to the success of Buffy The Vampire Season Eight.

Smallville01_coverB300dpiV2-704x102.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/09/dc-comics-to-launch-smallville-season-11-as-comics/

I think this is awesome news, exactly what I was hoping for.

That is pretty damn cool. It will show what the finale should've been like. Strange that they're going with Supes' new colours though, considering they clearly showed him in the classic colours in the show.

I was hoping that this bump was going to reveal a Blu-ray boxset, though :(

Edited by Shorty