N-Europe

General Movie Thread

Dyson

A Jurassic Park reboot is one of the silliest things I've ever heard. Just like...do another film, set in the same universe. It doesn't need to be rebooted. I suppose 'reboot' is more promising as word than 'remake'.

I actually don't know :hmm: It seemed perfect when I got an idea of what it was about...

The first half hour is lush, of course. It is the most amazing thing how people can relate and cry in the first 5 minutes of a movie. That blows my mind. Maybe it was the humor, everything else was good. I wasn't a fan of the humor. Too forceful.

I'm sorry :cry:

Ratatouille was awful. I'd just like to add that I disliked it when I first saw it and ended up seeing it another 3 times due to other people etc. Eurgh!

Wall-E...Toy Story...Monster's Inc. ... my life.

The first half hour is lush, of course. It is the most amazing thing how people can relate and cry in the first 5 minutes of a movie. That blows my mind. Maybe it was the humor, everything else was good. I wasn't a fan of the humor. Too forceful.

But Up has Dug! How can you not love Dug? You're not a filthy cat person, are you? :p

Ratatouille didn't impress me when I watched it. It was okay, but I didn't love it. I think I need to rewatch it. I wasn't overly keen on Cars when I first watched it either, but when I rewatched the second half, I liked it a lot more. So I don't know.

Paj!, can we add a Jurassic Park movie to our production list? (I can't remember exactly what the schedule is now, but Power Rangers with Idris Elba is first I know that).

What would the story be? What would you make the story? You must reply with at least two large paragraphs. Thanks.

Just watched Restoration, with Robert Downey Jr, a period piece on 1660's England. Was a bit fey, but hey I like that sort of thing. Was incredibly well done/ got me feeling that the slightest bit of carefully injected pragmatism could cause the whole establishment to tumble =p.

Paj!, can we add a Jurassic Park movie to our production list? (I can't remember exactly what the schedule is now, but Power Rangers with Idris Elba is first I know that).

What would the story be? What would you make the story? You must reply with at least two large paragraphs. Thanks.

Ok. *immediately loving the idea of a reboot after openly decrying it moments before*

After all the incidents from the first 3 films, the fact that Dinosaurs exist (in some fashion) is common knowledge across the world. However, of course they are relegated to the islands they've always been, and various governments of wherever have completeluy sealed off the islands to human intrusion. Owning or being in possession of a dinosaur is completely illegal, but in the less developed areas of the world, Dinosaur trafficking and selling has become an-ever growing new market for the criminally-inclined/weapons to be used in gang wars and shit. Obviously small ones, not big 'uns. Just the little ones that could feasibly have escaped the island/be able to be captured.

Anyway that's the world. Fairly normal otherwise, except that it's the near future and in a scientific breakthrough several years before, it was discovered that parts of reptile brain blah blah blah development juice fluids cerebellum yes yes stuff - reptile brains could hold the key to fortifying human bodies against cancer/some disease. Or something. This was several years ago now, and so far no luck from any reptiles in terms of getting the necessary *stuff/thing/info* - the closest they come is when maverick scientists and a few students at a university run a test with an illegaly obtained little dinosaur. They basically discover that the key could be in dinosaur brains, but they need a bigger one/a certain kind or something.

Being all maverick and great they get funding for an expedition but use it to fund a daredevil trip and break-into of Isla Sorna or whatever the island/s were called, determined to find the dino they need. (or whatever they're looking for) There'd probably other things/better reasons/ great fighters/people with guns on the team too/ why would they be so stupid? You can tell there's some reason clever people would go as a small group.

All off the top of my head. Done. Eazee.

I always found it baffling in Jurassic Park that there was the inital moment of wonder at the Dinosaurs, and then immediate adaptation to these things that we knew about in theory, but that died before our species existed. Would like moar OMFG DINOSAUR!!! and less CLEVER GIRL OMNOMNOM

Ok. *immediately loving the idea of a reboot after openly decrying it moments before*

After all the incidents from the first 3 films, the fact that Dinosaurs exist (in some fashion) is common knowledge across the world. However, of course they are relegated to the islands they've always been, and various governments of wherever have completeluy sealed off the islands to human intrusion. Owning or being in possession of a dinosaur is completely illegal, but in the less developed areas of the world, Dinosaur trafficking and selling has become an-ever growing new market for the criminally-inclined/weapons to be used in gang wars and shit. Obviously small ones, not big 'uns. Just the little ones that could feasibly have escaped the island/be able to be captured.

Anyway that's the world. Fairly normal otherwise, except that it's the near future and in a scientific breakthrough several years before, it was discovered that parts of reptile brain blah blah blah development juice fluids cerebellum yes yes stuff - reptile brains could hold the key to fortifying human bodies against cancer/some disease. Or something. This was several years ago now, and so far no luck from any reptiles in terms of getting the necessary *stuff/thing/info* - the closest they come is when maverick scientists and a few students at a university run a test with an illegaly obtained little dinosaur. They basically discover that the key could be in dinosaur brains, but they need a bigger one/a certain kind or something.

Being all maverick and great they get funding for an expedition but use it to fund a daredevil trip and break-into of Isla Sorna or whatever the island/s were called, determined to find the dino they need. (or whatever they're looking for) There'd probably other things/better reasons/ great fighters/people with guns on the team too/ why would they be so stupid? You can tell there's some reason clever people would go as a small group.

Would the title be "Jurassic Park IV" /4 or something else? (As you envision it)

There's an obvious problem with your script there Paj, which is that if we're following in the established continuity, wherein whole animals are engineered from a fucking nucleotide strand, and if they've managed to isolate whatever this ish characteristic is in the illegally obtained dinosaur that can help cure cancer/whatever, then why the fuck can't they just isolate the gene that causes that particular characteristic to be expressed in the dinosaur, and re-create it in a petri dish? I mean, if they created these things from scratch, they must already have their genomes mapped, right?

I do like the idea of Dinosaurs as weapons. How about a Brumak esque Rex with magnetic rail powered nuclear war head launchers? Its like...Metal Gear.

There's an obvious problem with your script there Paj, which is that if we're following in the established continuity, wherein whole animals are engineered from a fucking nucleotide strand, and if they've managed to isolate whatever this ish characteristic is in the illegally obtained dinosaur that can help cure cancer/whatever, then why the fuck can't they just isolate the gene that causes that particular characteristic to be expressed in the dinosaur, and re-create it in a petri dish? I mean, if they created these things from scratch, they must already have their genomes mapped, right?

I do like the idea of Dinosaurs as weapons. How about a Brumak esque Rex with magnetic rail powered nuclear war head launchers? Its like...Metal Gear.

Because I haven't seen the films in ages/forgot basic logic in the 3 minutes it took to come up with this and post it. :p

Would the title be "Jurassic Park IV" /4 or something else? (As you envision it)

Jurassic Parque.

I was watching another guys review online earlier this week (some...slightly up himself little bastard) and he praised the direction. I was stunned.

Like...literally....I do seriously not really care when action scenes are shaky but in this movie it was ridiculous.

I do however like the concept of "Angeline Jolie espionage movie" and I am interested to see a sequel, but...her character is bland/a cunt anyway.

Deep Blue Sea beat you to it.

I saw Bridesmaids. Don't let the press/hype fool you, it is definitely a chick flick. Not "The hangover but with women".

Some clever laughs but all felt dressed up in pink for me to get major enjoyment out of it. Glad I got a cheap ticket. I'm sure some of you will enjoy it, but it wasn't for me.