NEurope
Mokong

3DS StreetPass Plaza

I'm guessing we've all read the other threads detailing the additions to this but thought it was worth updating the main thread with the details.

As announced the 1 April 2015 Nintendo Direct two new games and a Premium mode are coming to StreetPass Plaza.

CBikRvzWEAAfMwp.png:large

The first game is StreetPass Fishing which is a fishing game where you get bait from each person you StreetPass with. While the second game is StreetPass Zombies where you fight zombies using items received from people you StreetPass. They're being released 16 April 2015 and will cost £4.50 each or £7.50 for the two.

StreetPass Mii Plaza Premium adds the ability to store Miis and exchange birthday dates. This will cost £4.50.

I think that Mii Plaza Premium is the first time I've looked at Nintendo DLC and thought that they're ripping people off.

I'm so excited for the new StreetPass games - I'm just about to 100% the last of the currently available games (StreetPass Garden takes sooo long to 100% compared to the others), so I was hoping for new games soon.

...Also, sorry, Ella. I'm afraid you're no longer the cutest Mii character - Coraline is just too adorable!

S9ZRlPg.jpg

(Though Ella is still great, too, of course.)

I don't understand streetpass vip. Are they really charging to collect birthdays and store you favourite miis in a room? Surely there has to be more than that? SURELY?!

I don't understand streetpass vip. Are they really charging to collect birthdays and store you favourite miis in a room? Surely there has to be more than that? SURELY?!

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

It seems like such a strange thing to charge for.

We'll have to wait and see.

Will buy the 2 new games for sure though. I love the streetpass games. Mansion was sublime!

Will buy the 2 new games for sure though. I love the streetpass games. Mansion was sublime!

Yeah I'm definitely going to buy the two new games. Mansion has to be my favourite StreetPass game so far.

Yeah I'll get the games. I'm positive VIP will have more to it. I'm hoping for increased daily coins and streetpasses.

Nintendo have posted some more information about the International Streetpass Week (16th -27th April) they mentioned in the recent direct. Looks like we get a free theme as well as the Shibata streetpass.

By visiting any Nintendo Zone location during International StreetPass Week, Nintendo 3DS owners can receive up to six international Mii visitors to their system, via StreetPass Relay. From the furthest reaches of south-western USA or northern Canada to the most easterly part of Germany in Europe - and many places in between – exciting and exotic Mii characters will be shared between Nintendo 3DS systems around the western world.

At participating Nintendo Zone locations*, visitors can also get a download code for a free Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu theme exclusively made for International StreetPass Week, as well as encounter the special Mii of Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata. To find a Nintendo Zone location simply visit the*Nintendo Zone Finder.

I've found the relay points tend to give quite a wide variety of nationalities anyway, but it's always nice to add some more countries to the streetpass maps.

Oh neat! Free themes can't be a bad thing.

I'm gonna run out of space in my shuffle favourites list, this will be the 10th theme I have.

The plaza update has finally gone live, downloading it now. Also managed to get my free theme and Shibata streetpass from Game earlier.

I bought it for the extra plaza tickets...

I need those extra hats, damnit!

54F68E17-E074-47D4-B5CD-D65761A5F8FE_zpsqgfdat85.jpg

WORTH. EVERY. PENNY!! :yay:

You put Garden away?

YOU PUT GARDEN AWAY!?

I know for a fact you haven't got all the plaza tickets in that yet!

You are a sham of a gardener!

So for these games do you need coins or street passes to actually play them? I don't usually take my 3DS out and about with me so I would like to know if they games are playable without these things.

So for these games do you need coins or street passes to actually play them? I don't usually take my 3DS out and about with me so I would like to know if they games are playable without these things.

You can use either, but you're typically at a disadvantage if you just use Play Coins.

If you're not taking your 3DS around with you, then it's not really worth it.

Oh and Streetpass Garden is back on the menu... (hangs head in shame...)

You can use either, but you're typically at a disadvantage if you just use Play Coins.

If you're not taking your 3DS around with you, then it's not really worth it.

Cheers. That's some money saved. Shame really as I love Good Feel and wanted to give the Zombie game a go.

Cheers. That's some money saved. Shame really as I love Good Feel and wanted to give the Zombie game a go.

Shame you don't take your 3DS out with you, the Streetpass games are great !

Shame you don't take your 3DS out with you, the Streetpass games are great !

I would have to go out of my way just to hit any relays in my area. Not worth the effort.

It's worth mentioning that if you have bought one of the previous games you can get both the new games in a "Thank You" Bundle for £6.29. I think that's a nice discount when you consider they're trying to sell them individually for £4.49.

I've bought the games but I'm still not sold on the VIP bit.

The VIP section is a bit of a rip in the grand scheme of things. The only benefit it really offers is being able to skip conversations with other Mii's and extra plaza tickets through Streetpass birthdays.

Guarantee you can't get all the hats, outfits and speech bubbles without it though.

The speech bubbles are really nice though, adds a little more personality to each encounter.

I would have to go out of my way just to hit any relays in my area. Not worth the effort.

Screw the relays, that's not what StreetPass is really about. Try taking your 3DS out and about with you, you might get some surprise hits the proper way. :)

Yeah, that kind of attitude is not going to help. How are you supposed to pass anyone if you don't even try?

1 hit is better than none.

Screw the relays, that's not what StreetPass is really about. Try taking your 3DS out and about with you, you might get some surprise hits the proper way. :)

Tried that at and I was lucky to get 1. It wasn't until the relays came into play that I actually started getting hits. By then I stopped really caring about puzzle pieces, quests, etc.

Yeah, that kind of attitude is not going to help. How are you supposed to pass anyone if you don't even try?

1 hit is better than none.

I tried plenty in the past and got sod all in return. Hell, it was either NVC or RFN were on about how hard it's always been to get passes. I think it was either Brian or Peer on about how they took a flight the other week and travelled quite a bit only to end up with a couple.

The VIP section is a bit of a rip in the grand scheme of things. The only benefit it really offers is being able to skip conversations with other Mii's and extra plaza tickets through Streetpass birthdays.

Guarantee you can't get all the hats, outfits and speech bubbles without it though.

The speech bubbles are really nice though, adds a little more personality to each encounter.

Have you seen how to unlock some of them though? Get a full month of birthdays?! There's no chance of completing all of those requirements.

Tried that at and I was lucky to get 1. It wasn't until the relays came into play that I actually started getting hits. By then I stopped really caring about puzzle pieces, quests, etc.

I tried plenty in the past and got sod all in return. Hell, it was either NVC or RFN were on about how hard it's always been to get passes. I think it was either Brian or Peer on about how they took a flight the other week and travelled quite a bit only to end up with a couple.

I used to get a decent number getting the bus/Metro to and from work but I drive now. There're plenty of relays around.

Or set up a Homepass. ::shrug:

I used to get a decent number getting the bus/Metro to and from work but I drive now. There're plenty of relays around.

Or set up a Homepass. ::shrug:

I haven't used the bus since I was around 18 (32 now) and the only relays near me are in McDonalds, which I tend not to go in. I could take my 3DS with me when I go to the Metro Centre but I usually just go down there when me and the lads go to the flicks. It's not worth the hassle given how often that is, which is maybe once a month.

No way am I faffing with my router. It works perfectly and I wouldn't risk messing up some settings just for this.

I haven't used the bus since I was around 18 (32 now) and the only relays near me are in McDonalds, which I tend not to go in. I could take my 3DS with me when I go to the Metro Centre but I usually just go down there when me and the lads go to the flicks. It's not worth the hassle given how often that is, which is maybe once a month.

No way am I faffing with my router. It works perfectly and I wouldn't risk messing up some settings just for this.

Not sure if this already exists, but wouldn't it be so much easier if there was a StreetPass app that you could just download to your phone. Everybody carries their phone with them everywhere. Not everybody takes their 3DS everywhere. I expect the average street passer would get way more this way.

Not sure if this already exists, but wouldn't it be so much easier if there was a StreetPass app that you could just download to your phone. Everybody carries their phone with them everywhere. Not everybody takes their 3DS everywhere. I expect the average street passer would get way more this way.

That defeats the purpose of Streetpass. Nintendo want you to take your 3DS out with you, you get play coins for however many steps you take and hits when you pass by another system. It's a brilliant idea to be fair.