Friday

Daft

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone talented should do a mashup

Off topic but...thaaaank yoooou.

I've had this song in my head for ages, years even, with the lyrics, but I couldn't actually remember what the words were, so I made up my own.

I heard the first 10 seconds and knew this was it. My life is complete.

Thank you!

FRIDAAAAY! Aaaahahaha. I love this thread, some brilliant posts in here. The gifs at the top of page 2 are brilliant.

You people clearly don't understand the deeper meaning of the song.

‎"Kickin' in the front seat, sitting in the back seat, gotta make my mind up, which seat can I take?"

This represents the choices that you have to make as a teenager. It's a scary time of life and there are so many decisions to make, education career etc. And you don't have the life experience to make the judgement. Sometime you feel so much pressure you just feel like screaming "ARGH! WHICH SEAT CAN I TAKE???"

"Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday,Today it is Friday, Friday"

"Tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterwards."

This really strikes a chord with me. It's like the song is personally speaking and empathising with me. It's exactly how I feel when I wake up on a friday, "yesterday was thursday, today is friday". As if we are just trudging along through life, each day coming after another, not sure of which direction we should go in life. I can really feel it.

"Everybody is looking forward to the weekend."

Here "weekend" is a metaphor. It's talking about chasing your dreams. You're going through life, waiting for your dream to come true, for your life to have purpose and meaning, you're "looking forward to the weekend".

Such beautiful lyrics.

You guys make me more sad than I was watching that video ._.

Its just a bit of 'fun'... another internet meme conjured up from an embarrassingly bad pop video; surely any form of vague amusement that can be derived from this should be seen as a good thing?

Besides like all meme's/fads on the internet the moment will have probably passed within the week.

I do however echo the sentiment that it's sad when this sort of shit actually gains chart 'success' even if it is only for 15 minutes, but I don't have a problem with a few cheap laughs being gained from it because if we didn't laugh about it then we'd surely cry which was possibly the point you were trying to make?

Either that or just a general lack of faith in humanity which to a point I'd agree with but isn't being able to laugh at such things part of being human? And if so then what else can we do... : peace:

You people clearly don't understand the deeper meaning of the song.

‎"Kickin' in the front seat, sitting in the back seat, gotta make my mind up, which seat can I take?"

This represents the choices that you have to make as a teenager. It's a scary time of life and there are so many decisions to make, education career etc. And you don't have the life experience to make the judgement. Sometime you feel so much pressure you just feel like screaming "ARGH! WHICH SEAT CAN I TAKE???"

"Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday,Today it is Friday, Friday"

"Tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterwards."

This really strikes a chord with me. It's like the song is personally speaking and empathising with me. It's exactly how I feel when I wake up on a friday, "yesterday was thursday, today is friday". As if we are just trudging along through life, each day coming after another, not sure of which direction we should go in life. I can really feel it.

"Everybody is looking forward to the weekend."

Here "weekend" is a metaphor. It's talking about chasing your dreams. You're going through life, waiting for your dream to come true, for your life to have purpose and meaning, you're "looking forward to the weekend".

Such beautiful lyrics.

Did you get that from the post on chair's Facebook wall or did you get the same idea yourself?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!