N-Europe

Pokémafia 9 : Red and Blue

ReZourceman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing if you've never played Red/Blue, you wouldn't necessarily know. But come on, who hasn't played Red/Blue? ;)

I did, but I was like 8 - 10 then so I don't remember much,

Except that I didn't know I had to bring Oak's parcel back to the laboratory for the man to let me through, and I thought I had to be stronger. So I trained my Charmander into a Charmeleon on level 2 Ratata's and Pidgey's.

Also that I bought Yellow new from HMV but it already had a save file for someone with 7 badges but I didn't really care.

I did, but I was like 8 - 10 then so I don't remember much,

Except that I didn't know I had to bring Oak's parcel back to the laboratory for the man to let me through, and I thought I had to be stronger. So I trained my Charmander into a Charmeleon on level 2 Ratata's and Pidgey's.

Also that I bought Yellow new from HMV but it already had a save file for someone with 7 badges but I didn't really care.

Okay, that's pretty hardcore!

Diageo, that is hilarious.

----------

The strange steel structure in the centre of town continued to count down....

...72:00....

Current Players (12);

Sméagol, Chairdriver, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Diageo, Eenuh, Ellmeister, heroicjanitor, MadDog, mr-paul, Nintendohnut, Tales, The Peeps.

Night Seven deadline is 12:30PM GMT on 26th March

...71:59...

I can relate. Being a kid, and having this awesome game in a foreign language is a bit overwhelming.

I was the only kid in my school who grasped English and even I took a bit long to figure it out. Everyone else was trying to battle the coffee man...

Fuck English. I borrowed a Japanese copy of Pocket Monsters Green! :p

I asked beforehand what the savefunction was, after that, I can't remember much trouble.. I think I didn't know what to do when you had to choose between those 2 fossils or something.

Haha.. "Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!" was not going to cut it ;).

No, I watched Transformers, thundercats, and loads of other cartoons, and even the odd rerun of Star Trek TOS and old Doctor Who (although I don't particular remember those) in the 80's / early 90's.

I'm pretty amazed how few knew about the dual types too! Does nobody remember that Tangela was the only pure grass pokemon in red/blue? Ahh, red/blue, they started me on the terrible path of ROMs and emulation!

(also yeah im dead, but this isn't game talk)

The skies were clearer than they had ever been, and it felt like Summer once again with not a single rain cloud in sight.

In the silver a hatch some bleeps could be heard.

a regal magenta, cream and black Pokemon shook viciously, almost vibrating it was concentrating so hard. It smirked, opened its eyes and felt amazing. The door was open, so it stepped outside. A huge beam of powerful light shot down illuminating a giant red, cream and white Pokemon.

A large majestic Pokemon had similar ideas to a large yellow and orange Pokemon. Nearby an egg was hovering around.

The ground started intensely shaking. Loud vibrating noises could be heard, and the townsfolk felt huge waves of energy beneath their feet. They ran out of their huts and witnessed the large steel structure moving once again. It rose higher out of the ground, and the large cylindrical upper segment of the structure extended upwards and began to glow a very light purple.

...60:00....

The gentle purple hue illuminated the ground below, as the sun rose up the Pokemon noticed a body on the floor near Mayor Rattata Shrine/Cemetry.

67.png

heroicjanitor is dead. His kungfu skills and own powers shattered his chance at reaching university. He was neutral.

Current Players (11);

Sméagol, Chairdriver, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Diageo, Eenuh, Ellmeister, MadDog, mr-paul, Nintendohnut, Tales, The Peeps.

DAY EIGHT

Majority is 6

Day Eight deadline is 14:00PM GMT on 28th March

...59:59...

Edited by ReZourceman

---

So looking at the write-up... I thought MadDog was the large majestic pokémon but I think we've established he shows as the beam of light? So someone else is the majestic pokémon... Tales must be the orange and yellow pokémon though this is the first time he's shown up I think?

My evidence is my investigation.