N-Europe

The Hangover Part II

Retro_Link

Hangover is overrated.

I liked it though. It was good.

I'm ambivalent about this sequel. I would bet I won't end up seeing it in the cinema, since I never see comedies.

Hangover is overrated, however the fact that you like it (and its a Comedy) means its like....the best film ever. :p

Wolverine 2 WILL BE better than the first. I'd bet money/other things on that being a fact.

Aronofsky > the dogshit that was the first film. I could direct a better film than Wolverine 1 and I'm shit at life. And Aronofsky is a KoL so it will blow us all.

The thing is though, thats not even saying much. Anyone could direct a better film. Although most of the problems lie in the writing tbh.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is though, thats not even saying much. Anyone could direct a better film. Although most of the problems lie in the writing tbh.

That's true. That's what lets down films/TV more often than directing/visuals. (And acting I guess too)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The fact that they are basically doing the exact same movie again is annoying. I thought we'd get something similar but thats just the same movie in a different country. I'll probably watch it on dvd but im not bothering with the cinema to see it.

What were you expecting? Of course they would just take it to another country, bet you loved SATC2 though.

Great film! I really enjoyed it!

I don't get why people are so surprised it is similar to the first. It worked well in first and the same thing doesn't just happen, just the way it happens. I believe it wasn't as good as the first but still some very funny laugh out loud bits.

It was meh, it being so similar to the first one dragged it down a lot for me.

Or my time machine worked.

I also find it very ironic that both films are about events that would have been much more interesting than the films themselves.

Saw this last night.

Never saw what was so great about the first to be fair. Yeah it was funny but far from what people had made it out to be. Consequently, when Due Date was getting middling reviews for not being as good as the Hangover, I was somewhat skeptic but thoroughly enjoyed it.

This one... well when they woke up, that feeling of "I've already seen this" hits like a ton of bricks and that's not long in. But it soon goes away and yes, it is more of the same (were you expecting anything different?) but I don't think it suffered.

Maybe it was just the lower expectations that allowed me to enjoy it more but all the guys I was with, all of whom had loved the first, felt it wasn't as good just because it wasn't as fresh a concept and not for a lack of jokes.

I'd still argue the biggest laugh in the cinema came about from the Inbetweeners trailer though.