N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda turns 25

Pit-Jr

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what do people think Nintendo are planning for the 25th Anniversary?

It's certainly baffling me. I don't think it'll be a compilation, as the exact versions of the older games are available on WiiWare. Plus, there was never a revamped "Zelda AllStars", so that rules out making that available.

I'll rule out a 3D remake of something. Maybe a 2D remake, but I thought it sounded like some sort of online thing.

To be honest, I am getting my hopes up for something quite good.

To be honest, I am getting my hopes up for something quite good.

Yep, same, sadly.

The exact quote was "Shigeru Miyamoto, is “working on a plan that will allow all Zelda lovers to celebrate together.â€" - which does sound like something online. Hmmmmm.

A Zelda channel for the Wii with a multiplayer online force gem game like the ones on the DS Zeldas?

Is anyone else still a bit bitter about that Mario Anniversary pack? The packaging looks great, but the content is quite meh. It was such a missed opportunity to do something really special.

I do hope we get something better with Zelda. Like it has already been mentioned, we've had the Collector's Edition, although that was missing A Link To The Past. Maybe we'll get something like...4 Swords, playable over the net. 4 Swords for WiiWare, so downloadable. Maybe.

If Ninty didn't bring something out to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Zelda, i'd be very surprised. Ok, OOT-3D and "possibly" Skyward Sword are coming this year. If Ninty use a 3D re-make of Ocarina as the 25th anniversary celebration, would people be dissapointed in that?.

If Ninty didn't bring something out to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Zelda, i'd be very surprised. Ok, OOT-3D and "possibly" Skyward Sword are coming this year. If Ninty use a 3D re-make of Ocarina as the 25th anniversary celebration, would people be dissapointed in that?.

2 Zelda games in one year is a good way to celebrate as it is but more wouldnt hurt. It still warrants some sort of compilation if you ask me

They've already said they're working on something for the 25th anniversary

There's one thing I'd very much like to see in the hopefully included booklet or 'Zelda Bible'.

The Official Zelda Timeline.

It would shut up millions of fans debating over wether or not that particular moblin in a particular Zelda game wore a particular symbol which resembles a particular dungeon in a particular Zelda game, thus proving the other wrong.:laughing:

But then they'd have to actually put one together first. :heh:

They have put one together. At least from Ocarina of Time onwards. All the games link together perfectly, and are referenced throughout.

Where to put the games before OOT is a bit more subjective, because they weren't made with a timeline in mind, whereas OOT and what came afterwards were.

There's one thing I'd very much like to see in the hopefully included booklet or 'Zelda Bible'.

The Official Zelda Timeline.

It would shut up millions of fans debating over wether or not that particular moblin in a particular Zelda game wore a particular symbol which resembles a particular dungeon in a particular Zelda game, thus proving the other wrong.:laughing:

I would actually love something like this. A book of the Legends of Zelda containing the stories of each of the games in order.... included with some other swag.

• 2 months later...