Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Final Fantasy Official Thread

Stocka

same here. waiting for a european FF release date especially one that hasnt been translated before is gunna take the pish, i mean America geta FF XII this year we prob wont get it till summer next year :(

I know, hell we still aint got Kingdom Hearts 2. Import copy of FFIII for me aswell.

The release date timing is awful..its very close to the Wii launch, how am I gonna import this?

Also, any places that you'd like to suggest to get it from? I heard Lik-sang sucks..

I can highly recommend Videogamesplus.ca, and im sure others can aswell. Its a very good website and I have never had to pay import tax on the games that I have bought of them, unlike play-asia.

• 2 weeks later...

RUMOR:

The big rumour is a Final Fantasy XII side-story, exclusive to the Nintendo machine, that will be a full-price release and complete game, and is likely to be available within the next 12 months. Final Fantasy V has also been mentioned, which - according to reports - will be squished together with number VI in the series.

The Japanese rumour mill is alive with claims that updates of all pre-32Bit RPG offerings of both the former Square and Enix stables will be made available in re-worked and utterly buyable forms to owners of the DS, though at time of going to press, the big talk is centering around Final Fantasy XII being continued in portable form. FFXII has encountered criticism for its linearity and lack of imagination, with many fans expecting a more complete experience. It would seem that Square Enix is set to expand much of its franchise on a format that has surpassed all expectations.

source Spong (yeah i know...)

Ok so its a Spong rumor but its interesting, particularly the part i bolded because it suggests remakes of all 8/16-bit Final Fantasies AND Dragon Quests

Not far-fetched considering the huge sales of FFIII plus theyre gonna need funding for developing those expensive PS3 games

RUMOR:

source Spong (yeah i know...)

Ok so its a Spong rumor but its interesting, particularly the part i bolded because it suggests remakes of all 8/16-bit Final Fantasies AND Dragon Quests

Not far-fetched considering the huge sales of FFIII plus theyre gonna need funding for developing those expensive PS3 games

I read about that a few days ago, Squeenix have been very friendly with Nintendo lately...

Yeah and the response to FF3 can't go unnoticed can it? It must have been pretty hard to develop in some ways but now that they have an engine why not? FF7 isn't out of the question either as many have claimed that FF3 on DS has better graphics.

But hey, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's wait until we see if S-E shaft us with FF:CC or not...

If they were to do it thought they probably have to cut the majority of FMVs out of the game which would probably ruin the experience.
Resident Evil 2 was 2 CD's on PSone (2x700=1,4 GB) and was released on N64 with 64 MB, with FMV's included...

Video compression has come a long way since then though, I doubt a direct port with re-encoded video would take more than 256 MB with FMV's, still the biggest DS cartridge ever, but it can be made. (FF7 striped out of FMV's and compressed takes about 100 MB, for the 2 CD's)

If they were to "remake" it from ground, they might manage to stay in the 128 MB limit (with FMV).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually it got a massive 9/10. Compared to IV though this is a full remake, a bit like what they did with III but obviously they didn't remake V in full 3D.

IV was mostly a Wonderswan port+.

I must say I'm temped but with FF 3 out so soon I don't know. From the Video footage from 5 the battle theme isn't as good as 4 or 6.