NEurope
Hamishmash

My Fake Pokémon Bring All the Nerds 2 the Yard & They're Like "Its Better than Ninty"

Psychic Monkey.

Oh FFS. This is getting TOO good now.

QFT. This thread = awesome :D

I really like the design of Cerebrilla...great balance in the pose and colours. Facial expression is just perfect... :)

------

DPM:

------

I don't think they'd EVER commission me. :P But it's a nice thought. On deviantArt there's a really big Fakemon community, but I don't try to look at them because it might effect how I do mine.

Spüne, you do realise how good this stuff of yours really is? I mean not only are your designs awesomely clever and original, but the overall execution is darn good as well...not to mention the planning of the maps, gym leaders etc. Seriously, someone should take notice of your talent...

Edited by Ville
Automerged Doublepost

Spüne, you do realise how good this stuff of yours really is? I mean not only are your designs awesomely clever and original, but the overall execution is darn good as well...not to mention the planning of the maps, gym leaders etc. Seriously, someone should take notice of your talent...

That's really, really nice of you. I mean I know I'm not BAD, but it's quite hard for arty farty people like me to know when what they're doing is good. I don't think however that my Fakemon will ever be more than a little side project or hobby. :P I'd like to still do my other projects like my Victorian webcomic.

The same way Charizard can breath fire - Poke-magic! :P

A most satisfactory answer! :p

Seriously, someone should take notice of your talent...

Correction, someone NEEDS to take notice of his talent! I mean, Cerebrilla ... people need to know such awesomeness exists! :D

Spüne, I've just read through the first parts of your Victorian Webcomic. IT IS AMAZING. Seriously, I was enthralled to the point where I am really looking forward to the next one. It's fantastic! I know there's a lot of love in this thread but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed that too :D Just reading the Christmas one now :)

Spüne, I've just read through the first parts of your Victorian Webcomic. IT IS AMAZING. Seriously, I was enthralled to the point where I am really looking forward to the next one. It's fantastic! I know there's a lot of love in this thread but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed that too :D Just reading the Christmas one now :)

Aww thanks a lot.

Because of uni projects the Christmas one hasn't been finished but will be online a week tomorrow. It's still a bit... finding it's feet in terms of drawing style and everything but I'll only get better at drawing the characters. I also hope it all makes sense...

NAOW is the thing I'm taking very seriously though. There's gonna be 10 issues, so 3 are almost done... I know exactly what the final page will look like, I could probably draw it now. If you know it's all leading up to something you might start to see little hints.

Totes my goats.

028_kidcano___030_flarmia_by_spune-d38fo6v.png

http://spune.deviantart.com/art/028-Kidcano-030-Flarmia-195566647

028 Kidcano

The Mountain Goat Pokemon

Fire

"Kidcano lives on the sides of Volcanoes and eats ash. They can stand on almost vertical walls to find the tastiest ash, but if it gets stuck, it's little bell can help others find it to help it."

029 Capricash

The Mountain Goat Pokemon

Fire

"Capricash are very territorial. It used to be believed that Volcanoes erupted due to their horn-locking battles."

030 Flarmia

The Devil Goat Pokemon

Fire / Dark

"Flarmia are believed to be the source of many myths and legends, as they are rarely seen anywhere other than in the hottest regions of a volcano. When people used to venture that close up the mountain, they'd see their devilish silhouette slinking around in the heat. Unfortunately this meant many of them were killed or sacrificed. Now Flarmia have learned to stay as far away from humans as possible... they are nearly impossible to train."

Edited by Hamishmash

Kidcano and Capricash are so cute. It's hard to believe they evolve into a demon spawn from hell.

Hey this is a REALLY cool set of concepts. Well done mate.

Not to piss on your fire but I have met someone who used to work for Nintendo designing Pokemon. His name is Adi Granov and is now an artist for Marvel with his work including some of the more recent Xmen stuff and he is almost entirely responsible for the look of Iron Man in the comics pre-movie and in the movie itself.

Now I talked to him about working at Nintendo and he said it was driving him insane. He said that he had to pretty much factory-farm pokemon designs. At the end of the day the owner (of GameFreaks I suppose) would bring his kid daughter around and she would pick the one (yes only one) that she like out of a whole bunch. He said it's one of the most soul destroying things ever.

Hey this is a REALLY cool set of concepts. Well done mate.

Not to piss on your fire but I have met someone who used to work for Nintendo designing Pokemon. His name is Adi Granov and is now an artist for Marvel with his work including some of the more recent Xmen stuff and he is almost entirely responsible for the look of Iron Man in the comics pre-movie and in the movie itself.

Now I talked to him about working at Nintendo and he said it was driving him insane. He said that he had to pretty much factory-farm pokemon designs. At the end of the day the owner (of GameFreaks I suppose) would bring his kid daughter around and she would pick the one (yes only one) that she like out of a whole bunch. He said it's one of the most soul destroying things ever.

That's exactly what I imagined (and it's plain to see in what Pokemon make the final cut). I've NEVER had a delusion that I'd work for Nintendo and I doubt I'd like to. This is purely just a sad little fan project. :) If some hacker wants to use my Pokemon and region and everything and make a game be my guest, but I can't be bothered.

Next I'm gonna draw a picture of Prof Oak. But it's probably not who you think it is...

I never knew Adi Granov worked for Pokemon! His stuff is awesome.

I really like the concept of Flarmia...but I can't help but help think he should look even more demonic. :p

I never knew Adi Granov worked for Pokemon! His stuff is awesome.

I really like the concept of Flarmia...but I can't help but help think he should look even more demonic. :p

Time & Space is very apocalyptic. Throughout there are various natural disasters, as if the world is falling apart. This is all to do with the huge battle between Ghizero and Ghazeon which we can't see as it is taking place throughout Time and Space. Flarmia are briefly seen when you visit the volcano which is doubling as Vesuvius and is about to erupt.

Also in my game it is genuinely set about 25 years after the others... we meet certain characters from the old games... and certain Teams.

the_pokemon_professors_by_spune-d38kbk4.png

http://spune.deviantart.com/art/The-Pokemon-Professors-195783556

Professor Raahi Redwood

He is the Pokemon Professor at Constable Pokemon University (CPU), where the game starts. After completing your training, and earning your Pokemon License, he will let you chose either a Mowhog, Magmoth or Bobard.

He became a Professor when he was inspired by the work of his idol, Professor Oak. Unfortunately, Professor Oak has now passed away, but Redwood invited his grandson Blue to CPU as a visiting lecturer, who he equally admires (note the facial hair).

Professor Blue Oak

After the passing away of his grandfather, Blue left the Viridian City Gym and inherited the vast Pallet Town Laboratory. He eventually became a Professor himself.

One day after trawling through his grandfather's archives he found a diary detailing his visit to Urion to find the legendary ancient Pokemon, Ghazeon. Blue, always wanting to travel the world, decided to visit and continue where he left off.

Unfortunately, just after his lecture at CPU, a mysterious team, dressed all in black, attacked the uni and kidnapped him in the confusion.

While journeying through the region of Urion, you must not only fill up your Pokedex, but find Blue Oak, stop this new team and discover the truth of Ghazeon. And who is your mysterious rival who keeps showing up to battle you...?

Love your pictures. You are really good at drawing :)

I'm also requesting the evolution of Charizard :grin:

And is that supposed to be oil mess outside of "Norway" on the world map? Lolled a bit at that :P

(I think you mixed up the colours btw, the legend and the map has different colours for cities and gym leaders)

This does feel like it should be turned into a fan game/animation thing that everyone loves.

For a day before Nintendo slap you with a lawsuit.

Wait, is that Gary Oak?

(I also notice the reference to Red and Blue, which is amazing)

Yes it is. Time & Space will be set at least 25 years after Red & Blue and everythings moved on since then. Pokemon training laws mean that in Urion at least you have to be 18 to battle Pokemon now. (Hence the game starting at a University).

Gary/Blue is now a Professor while Red/Ash... what's he up to? Does it have anything to do with Red Stadium?

Appearances will also be made by Team Rocket, Professor Elm and Bill. You'd also be able to travel to Kanto/Johto and see some of the differences there now.

And... you might even go back in time...

Love your pictures. You are really good at drawing :)

I'm also requesting the evolution of Charizard :grin:

And is that supposed to be oil mess outside of "Norway" on the world map? Lolled a bit at that :P

(I think you mixed up the colours btw, the legend and the map has different colours for cities and gym leaders)

So I have. :P I'm rubbish.

As for Norway's oil spill... it doesn't MEAN anything really. I was a bit worried about putting anything in a "country" that might offend people by it... but I needed somewhere to put that ship.

The beach of Munch Town is covered in oil and you battle several poison types. You then need to go into the ship itself where you battle lots of ghost types before finding a recording showing why the ship crashed... it's another one of the natural disasters being caused by the shockwaves of this battle between Ghazeon and Ghizero... which is taking place across time and space.

I kind of hurts that these aren't real Pokemon. :(

This does feel like it should be turned into a fan game/animation thing that everyone loves.

For a day before Nintendo slap you with a lawsuit.

I'm all for someone trying to make it, but I just like designing it.

BUT ANNOYINGLY!

Black & White has a polar bear Pokemon. So I might toughen up Pobearian and make him and evolved form of it, or something.

Gamefreak / Nintendo NEED to hire you!!

Seriously!

To be honest, given the oppurtunity I'd love to work on some original projects if I was getting games developed. I have a great idea for an ancient greek - based adventure game called Pin... kinda Okami but in Greece. And lots of other little ideas.

I've also always wanted to do a Walt Disney Smash Bros... Aladdin vs. Mulan, Simba vs. Pinnochio... you KNOW it makes sense!

031_teslapod___032_molcowod_by_spune-d38mshk.png

http://spune.deviantart.com/art/031-Teslapod-032-Molcowod-195898808

031 Teslapod

The Electric Snail Pokemon

Electric / Bug

"The liquid trail that Teslapod leaves behind as it travels is highly conductive and should not be touched. The light bulb is powered by the static electricity is causes by sliding along the ground.."

032 Molcowod

The Electric Snail Pokemon

Electric / Bug

"The dish on its back can pick up a variety of signals - originally other Molcowods and predators, but they have now been trained to pick up manmade signals. Molcowod's are incredibly fast, despite their appearance."

This thread

+

These statements:

I have a great idea for an ancient greek - based adventure game called Pin... kinda Okami but in Greece. And lots of other little ideas.

I've also always wanted to do a Walt Disney Smash Bros... Aladdin vs. Mulan, Simba vs. Pinnochio... you KNOW it makes sense!

=

You are now my favourite person.