NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Hell, even I'm tempted at that price and I really don't care for golf. What size is the game? Might have to delete some stuff from my memory card.

Hell, even I'm tempted at that price and I really don't care for golf. What size is the game? Might have to delete some stuff from my memory card.

It's 1GB - I bought it full price on release and was happy to pay that price for it. You be mad not to get it at that price.

1.4GB, at least that's what my patched version weighs in at.

Gravity Rush is excellent, by the way. Buckets full of charm, a lovely visual style and fantastic music wrapped around an open-world superhero game; it's like Crackdown if Nintendo made it.

I was having some trouble with the camera initially but I got a feel for it after a couple of hours; it's similar to Uncharted in that I'll use the right stick for broad movements and the motion sensor to fine tune, with an occasional tap down on the d-pad to recentre if things get too skewed. As a consequence the combat started to feel a lot better and there's actually a fair amount of depth to the various attacks that the demo didn't really get across.

Also, Kat needs to be in PlayStation All-Stars.

Is there anything for £2.81

(Oddly, I don't have a single problem buying a set amount of points. I hate myself for that.)

Edited by Cube

I've changed my mind of Gravity Rush. Was a bit bored by the demo but I think it's pretty good.

Oh, Gravity Rush is £30 on the store. I was expecting a stupid price.

Can you buy Vita games on the PS3 store? The Vita lacks a shopping basket.

(Ignore my question, I just realised that my TV remote is sitting next to me)

Here's something about the Vita which is beyond stupid:

Gravity Rush requires the latest version of the Vita software (which is an "optional" update and you need to do manually).

Now, if I had decided to save the game (as I was thinking of doing) for a long journey, I would have been unable to play the game at all as you need an internet connection for the update.

I suppose the rationale is that you downloaded the game and you need up-to-date firmware to access the Store in the first place. Guess they overlooked the existence of optional updates.

Physical copies likely require an earlier firmware and perhaps come with an update on the cart, but as I keep my Vita updated I couldn't say for sure.

I'm now loving Gravity Daze. Well done whoever made it.

It's the Japanese name for Gravity Rush.

Daft is turning Japanese, I think he's turning Japanese, I really think so.

Didn't actually noticed they changed the name. Yes, Gravity Rush - I'm loving it. It's genuinely thrilling.

Finally bought a retail game in the form of Metal Gear HD Collection.

Despite being an amazing port, MGS3 has left my hands screaming for some sort of Vita grip accessory. Has anyone bought any worthy ones?

Finally bought a retail game in the form of Metal Gear HD Collection.

Thinking of getting a copy, too, although I already own the PS3 version. :D

Gravity Rush is quite great. Hope I have some time to play during the week.

Cheers for the heads up on Everybody's Golf price drop, got it.

Pretty fun but I anticipated the HUD full of icons and bars conveying information that I can only guess at (well, for the most part). Just looked at some of the trophies - hole in one, seriously? I'm hoping there's either some really small courses or some spin off crazy golf mode to go about earning that. :p

Either that or hoping I have the fluke of a saint.

The hol win one is definitely gettable, barely played the game and I was inches off on one hole.

Every half-course has at least one 3 par hole, and a hole-in-one is possible on them. I'm enjoying the game a lot, although I've had to turn the caddy off.

Gravity Rush is also great. It also seems that nobody cares about you killing innocent civilians, children and dogs.

Just looked at some of the trophies - hole in one, seriously? I'm hoping there's either some really small courses or some spin off crazy golf mode to go about earning that. :p

Either that or hoping I have the fluke of a saint.

Try getting all the stars and crowns (bloody difficult).

The hol win one is definitely gettable, barely played the game and I was inches off on one hole.

Very satisfying when you get one - even better when you use rising and homing shots.

Every half-course has at least one 3 par hole, and a hole-in-one is possible on them. I'm enjoying the game a lot, although I've had to turn the caddy off.

Caddies deserve to be shot - all 6 of them!

Hole in ones are easy enough - try getting an Albatross - now thats a challenge!

Good luck getting the Plat on this - it took me months! :bouncy:

What do you all think of online? pretty impressive eh?

The upcoming patch will add version 1.04 (which came out in May in Japan so shouldn't be too long now) will contain:

Versus Rooms

Players can create rooms where they freely set match type, course and other rules. The game supports rounds with eight players playing simultaneously. You’ll be able to engage in voice chat as you face off against your friends.

Grade System Added to Real Tournament Mode

Real Tournament Mode will now have a four level grade system, allowing you to face off against players who are close to your level. Tour System Added to Daily National Tournament Mode The Daily National Tournament mode will feature a tour system where you take part in one week tours. Each tour will begin on Tuesdays. Tournaments will be held daily through Sunday, with the results announced on Monday.

So still lots to look forward to:bouncy:

Why do you think online is impressive? I'll look forward to being able to set up private rooms more :)

Definitely going to start on this again, perfect game to play while the euros are on.

Why do you think online is impressive? I'll look forward to being able to set up private rooms more :)

Have you not tried online yet 30 player online tournaments are great fun - especially when you come first!

Online lobbies are good too - create your own avatar - it's very polished.

I went on once. Joined a game which I didn't mean to, ran around a bit, couldn't cancel the game I didn't want to play so left. S no, haven't really given it a go. Doesn't sound like my thing though, would prefer to just play people I know. Or know of :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/19/get-those-engines-ready-wipeout-hd-and-fury-expansion-packs-set-to-hit-ps-vita-tomorrow/

WipeOut HD and Fury on Vita tomorrow. Free if you already own it on PS3 (and you have WipeOut 2048) or £9.99 as DLC for 2048.

Oooh nice might have to get Wipeout 2048 then it's £19.99 Here as I'll get the DLC free.

In other news More Vita game price cuts.

PS Vita Sale on Playstation Store continues

7189200777_596326dbb5.jpg

Week 2 of this sale starts on June 20th until July 4th but don’t fear if you missed out on week 1′s content as this is available still until the 27th July.

Here are some of the great titles you can expect to see in the sale:

Army Corps from Hell

Was €39.99/£34.99 – Now €26.99/£21.99

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend

Was €39.99/£34.99 – Now €26.99/£21.99

Little Deviants

Was €14.99/£11.99 – Now €10.99/£8.99

Modnation Racers: Road Trip

Rayman Origins

Was €34.99/£29.99 – Now €24.99/£19.99

Reality Fighters

Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen

Was €39.99/£34.99 – Now €19.99/£16.99

Touch My Katamari

Was €29.99/£24.99 – Now €14.99/£11.99

Unit 13

Was €34.99/£29.99 – Now €24.99/£19.99

and much more!…

7189303519_4ced527489.jpg

But that’s not all, sign up to Inside PS Vita before 29 June 2012 and we’ll send you a voucher code which you can use to purchase Unit 13 during the sale with an additional discount making the game available for only €19.99/£14.99!

Hmm...not as exciting, but anyone who doesn't have Rayman Origins should purchase it at that price because it's an awesome game. Probably the best game on the Vita so far at least.

Is donation or llittle deviants worth it at that price? Not that I have any room on my card