NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

DS doesnt have a capacitive touch screen. It needs pressure is what he means. NGP uses an iPhone like touch. So it will be faster and more responsive.

Odd that you say that because my DS touch screen is fast and responsive, but my iPod and my friend's iPhones always seem to be slightly off where I touch and somewhat laggy

After watching this video I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one on launch, looks incredible.

Sony are back for sure.

I actually prefer the PSP2 to the 3DS, however I will probably still get a 3DS over the PSP2 because I already have a PS3 and want to play some Nintendo games for a change.

To be fair though, I'm not really hyped about either.

Your iPhone and iPod are probably broken then.

If it was just my iPod, then yes, I may agree with you. However, not if it's every iOS thing around

It looks amazingly powerful and I am always interested when something interesting like this comes along. Powerful enough to run Uncharted and it can be carried in your hands, I will definitely give this a look at launch. Sony have said it will be "affordable", but since it's Sony I don't know what they mean by it :p

Odd that you say that because my DS touch screen is fast and responsive, but my iPod and my friend's iPhones always seem to be slightly off where I touch and somewhat laggy

I actually have to agree with this. It may be the touch screen that the previous iPhones used, but it never felt very right to me. It may be the type of screen it is, doesn't it rely on some slight heat from contact? And I'm usually cold as fuck strangely.

Sony have said it will be "affordable", but since it's Sony I don't know what they mean by it :p

You'll only need to have two part-time jobs.

I think it's best to assume it'll be hideously expensive. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised.

I think it's best to assume it'll be hideously expensive. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised.

'599 US dollars'

Yeah its going to be insanely expensive. Wait till people hear the price :p Right now people are excited because there is no price.

There will be two variants. One with 3g the other without. Will probably be sold like an ipad with online contracts. Makes me think it will evolve more over time than the PSP. Also maybe a PSP phone is not out of the question given the hardware.

Well, I think this is awesome. 5-inch OLED, hi-res, great controls, amazing graphics - that's what I want from a handheld... as long as the games are there, of course.

I'm not going to get into "3DS vs PSP2" because it'll be the same old story as usual. Besides, I want both. The PSP2 appeals because of the tech spec, and I have to get whatever Nintendo's machine is because of Zelda. The 3DS is bound to come down to about £200 from many retailers, so I honestly don't think it's much overpriced. Furthermore, the Nintendo machine's graphics are about what you'd expect for a handheld in this day and age. It could be argued that Sony entered the handheld market one generation too far ahead of what is sensible, rather than Nintendo being "behind".

So, there's room for both, but hooray for Sony, because I remember back in the '90s when new consoles were always exciting, and if there's one thing the PSP2 does, it's excite me.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you Grazza.

I'm going to buy a 3DS first and get a NGP in 2012.

Getting both is a win-win situation.

I'll get the NGP when some decent games come for it. Uncharted never interested me and the rest are all same old stuff

Looks we are getting an inbuilt email client as well as PSN messaging.

Does anyone know what's going on with this and Android? I hope it doesn't run Android...

It's not a phone it's a games console.

I'll get the NGP when some decent games come for it. Uncharted never interested me and the rest are all same old stuff

Because Nintendo aren't known for recycling the same games.

I like how everyone says they'd be better off getting a PS3 than paying for the NGP. The same could be said for the 3DS, which is identically priced as the PS3. 3D is supposed to be the peak of visual entertainment, to me that just doesn't go with the third rate graphics found on Nintendo consoles/handhelds.

I guarantee if Nintendo had stuck a rear touch pad on the DS, all the haters would be praising it as COMPLETE INNOVATION. It does worry me that it could get easily dirty but it could have some awesome uses in games.

I like how everyone says they'd be better off getting a PS3 than paying for the NGP. The same could be said for the 3DS, which is identically priced as the PS3. 3D is supposed to be the peak of visual entertainment, to me that just doesn't go with the third rate graphics found on Nintendo consoles/handhelds.

I guarantee if Nintendo had stuck a rear touch pad on the DS, all the haters would be praising it as COMPLETE INNOVATION. It does worry me that it could get easily dirty but it could have some awesome uses in games.

While Nintendo do make sequels (Well duh, they're a business), they at least try new things, not just same mechanics in a new setting (for the most part)

Also, yes the 3DS is the same price as a PS3, a PS3 now, not a PS3 launch. The 3DS is a lot of high tech stuff wrapped in a little box including 3D and Touch capable screens, batteries etc. The PS3 is just some more high tech equipment with outputs.

Does anyone know what's going on with this and Android? I hope it doesn't run Android...

It's not a phone it's a games console.

From what I can gather, the only Android-related thing is the PlayStation Suite, in that the games released on that will work on Android and the NGP.

I would guess that the Balls Menuâ„¢ is based on Linux, and Sony implement implement the Dalvik virtual machine in order to allow games designed for the PlayStation Suite to run on both Android and the NGP. I doubt that Android itself will be used.

I would predict that the PlayStation Suite will attract developers who may be put off by the (probably) colossal NGP development costs.

I like how everyone says they'd be better off getting a PS3 than paying for the NGP. The same could be said for the 3DS, which is identically priced as the PS3.

If that was the case around here, I'd have gotten mine a lot earlier. As it stands: 160GB PS3 naked: 300€, 320GB bundle: 350€.

While Nintendo do make sequels (Well duh, they're a business), they at least try new things, not just same mechanics in a new setting (for the most part)

Also, yes the 3DS is the same price as a PS3, a PS3 now, not a PS3 launch. The 3DS is a lot of high tech stuff wrapped in a little box including 3D and Touch capable screens, batteries etc. The PS3 is just some more high tech equipment with outputs.

Their trying new mechanics with the same old story lines. I'll take a new adventure over controlling a character slightly different every time. It's not so much sequels as constantly remaking the same game.

I love Kojima's ambitions for bringing a PS3 game with you on the go with NGP... I just worry that Sony are missing the point of a good portable experience. Metal Gear Solid 4 on the go is damn impressive, but surely you're not getting the same immersion, the cinematic experience they originally aimed for if you keep being distracted by the outside world? And if you play it at home to avoid this... well, you might as play it on your PS3, right?

Quite impressed by the rear touch-pad thing, the on-stage rolling ball demo looked like good fun.

It's definitely a really impressive piece of kit. Sexy too. Price estimates yet?

A brilliantly well-thought out response to Serebii's post there.

I guarantee if Nintendo had stuck a rear touch pad on the DS, all the haters would be praising it as COMPLETE INNOVATION.

The rear touch pad was rumoured about a year ago for the iPhone 4. It sounded awful back then.

The rear touch pad was rumoured about a year ago for the iPhone 4. It sounded awful back then.

It was rumoured that Mourinho was coming back to Chelsea, It was never going to happen. I'm still failing to see the reasoning for it being awful.

It's a shame after all these years we can't have a debate about two different gaming devices without resorting to fanboyism.