NEurope
Murr

Modern Warfare 3

My takeway from the trailer, which some might call pessimistic: when everything's "epic" nothing is.

I'll definitely play the game, and I'm sure it'll be enjoyable enough, but honestly I'm more interested in just seeing when the worm will turn.

Trailer looks great!

I care about the story... but i love the multiplayer also! :D

I corrected that for you.

One year is longer than the "long time" I was suggesting :heh:

I'm not head over heels for it either, though I'm sure it'll be great. MW2 wasn't as good as MW (honestly, go back right now and play it - that game is so good it's scary) but in between them, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and all the other games trying to capture the zeitgeist, the entire modern-military aesthetic has been beaten to something pretty close to death.

I'd still love to play it, the set pieces in MW2 although exhaustingly paced were tremendously entertaining and this looks set to continue that. However, in a year that's already seen inventive titles like Portal 2 and LA Noire dominate the cultural mainstream, including far beyond the gaming culture, it feels oddly like I'm looking back to something rather then looking forward.

Not everything needs to be a great step to further the medium or an artistic expression.

Sometimes things can just be entertaining.

Not everything needs to be a great step to further the medium or an artistic expression.

Sometimes things can just be entertaining.

I agree. But I've seen this show already.

For me, the best news is that BlOps should come down in price sooner :P

For me, the best news is that BlOps should come down in price sooner :P

same here! instantly what I thought. Although from the trailer of MW3 I may end up buying it.

"In the interest of time..." Hilarious way to indicate that your game is boring as fuck. Next time, just skip the whole thing.

There should be some sort of committee that stops this filth from being published. It's exactly the fucking same. It doesn't look fun. At all.

Uninspiring, unexciting, same average graphics, devoid of shock value, no compassion or emotion portrayed through NPCs or story, same guns.

Same shit.

Give it two years more of this and I think even brain-dead consumers will start to release the cycle has worn its course. Pathetic, truly.

Story trailer, anyone? I'll probably pick it up cheap some time for the campaign - the set pieces look as fabulously bombastic as ever even if they're still likely to lack the story & pacing of the original MW. They know how to cut a trailer together too, I can't deny that.

That is true they can cut a trailer and the single player does deliver on the brainless Michael Bay moments which fps should. BF's Single Player is likely to be more serious but also lack any Michael Bay moments.

There should be some sort of committee that stops this filth from being published. It's exactly the fucking same. It doesn't look fun. At all.

Uninspiring, unexciting, same average graphics, devoid of shock value, no compassion or emotion portrayed through NPCs or story, same guns.

Same shit.

Give it two years more of this and I think even brain-dead consumers will start to release the cycle has worn its course. Pathetic, truly.

Given Black Ops Record Breaking Success tm, I doubt it :p

Launch trailer, if anyone cares. I mean, I won't be rushing out to grab it day one either but isn't anyone going to admit they're interested? We all know it'll do gangbusters, someone around here has to admit to buying it.

I do care. I mean, I won’t buy it day 1 for the same reason I have a backlog of.. 20 games? No money. I loved the single player of MW 1 and 2, and played MW2 multiplayer to death. I’m very interested in the story of single player, end would love to have some fresh multiplayer experiences. Don’t get me wrong, I’m just as much interested in BF3 regarding multiplayer, but I have no reason to not look forward too this one as well.

Day 1 purchase for me personally. If they can reach a medium between the balance of Black Ops and the frenetic action of MW2 I'll be a happy man.

Battlefield 3 comes out tomorrow.

Fuck, it's Wednesday today, 2 days then. :p

:blush:

Battlefield 3 comes out tomorrow.

Played the beta and just couldn't get into it. Never liked vehicular combat, and the shooting just doesn't feel as satisfying.

Launch trailer, if anyone cares. I mean, I won't be rushing out to grab it day one either but isn't anyone going to admit they're interested? We all know it'll do gangbusters, someone around here has to admit to buying it.

Its a franchise run into the ground. Its creators have left (with a huge mess), Infintiy Ward are only left in name, and despite that Activision still stuck to the same release date schedule drafting in two extra devs to finish one game. The hardcore are moving on. Its not like MW1 was ever a fresh experience to begin with. Mainly a better version of what existed before it and was already beaten to death.

There are still loads of COD fans. Look at what BF3 or any other fps has had to contend with. Everytime another fps does something different it gets treated much more harshly than any COD which is the same old shit again. Expansion pack would be a good way to describe the entire series. Its not welcome to me anymore.

and it might be time to update that engine you know.

While it's not an all out new engine, it's not the same.

Also, please don't use broad terms that imply you know what every gamer is thinking/feeling, it's really annoying.

Anyway I think it looks pretty awesome!

I haven't been keeping up with it, just watching a trailer every now and then.

Won't be picking it up at launch though, not enough time.

Looks like shit.

While it's the sort of title I would buy on launch, and it's something I do want, I'm afraid I simply refuse to pay £45 for it. Eventually the price will drop, and that's when I'll pick it up. I thoroughly enjoyed the single player campaign of 1 & 2 - they did really well at creating tension and a real connection to the lead characters - so I'm interesting in playing this through if only for that reason. I'll pick it up second hand in a few months I reckon.

Looks like shit.

You've got to laugh, haven't you.

All I saw when I watched the trailer was this:

Shit.jpg

Edited by Nintendohnut

Also, please don't use broad terms that imply you know what every gamer is thinking/feeling, it's really annoying.

Anyway I think it looks pretty awesome!

I haven't been keeping up with it, just watching a trailer every now and then.

Won't be picking it up at launch though, not enough time.

Very true, I'm really interested to see how the new point streak system plays. It certainly looks an improvement over the old system. Cod games to me are just pure fun; I don't get all the hate.