NEurope
Murr

Modern Warfare 3

I liked AAO for that to be honest (americas army online) yes you had the ability to customize your weapons n stuff but not to the extream of cod. Even the battlefield series was never about the custumiszation of the weapons, it was more about having actural fun and enjoying the realism they both had to offer.

You must've sucked at MW2.

The thing with MW2 is that it was way way too easy to get your full set of killstreaks out consistently - it handed them out too liberally. It's bit harder now in Black Ops, and I think that has benefited the game a lot. The skies are no longer swarming with planes throughout the whole duration of a game. Strangely enough, my K/D is about to overtake my lifetime MW2 K/D after about 1/6th of the time, which I find weird - must've just got better at the game I guess.

CoD1 and 2 on the PC will alway be my favourites, the multiplayer was so pure and fun. None of this killstreak/attachments/perks crap business, when FPS's were about the shooting, not customization.

Did CoD 1 have muliplayer? I thought 2 had been the first... But yes, CoD 2 was awesome possum online.

Did CoD 1 have muliplayer? I thought 2 had been the first... But yes, CoD 2 was awesome possum online.

Yeah, pretty sure it did.

Says on that page. Requirements for Internet multiplayer.

Edited by MadDog

Call of Duty is shit full stop, go play Halo instead.

By that philosophy, everyone should stop playing both and play Team Fortress.

But, fortunately for us gamers, they're 3 completely different animals, each with it's very unique feel.

How do ye guys not get bored of these games? I played modern warfare 2 and it was OK in single player and OK in Multiplayer but surely all these games are pretty much the same?,

what could possibly change in 3 that would make it a must buy for ye?

How do ye guys not get bored of these games? I played modern warfare 2 and it was OK in single player and OK in Multiplayer but surely all these games are pretty much the same?,

what could possibly change in 3 that would make it a must buy for ye?

You want me to be honest? I don't know. :red:

They have me by the balls, though. Even if I pretty much haven't played in 2 months, I know if a new one came out, I'd be dying to buy it as soon as it came out. And I never buy anything on release. Except Zelda. (and black ops, but I couldn't control myself... and modern warfare 2) =(

CoD: MW seems to attract the sort of player that is happy to sit in a corner for a whole match and camp. Black Ops is the first where this doesn't seem to be the case and people actually want to have a shootout constantly, which is the whole point of FPS' in my eyes. Unfortunately I watched a developer vid on the new map pack and they were saying that these people were asking for more 'sniping opportunities'. Please piss off and stop ruining every game I like! Why pay £40 to sit in the same room on every map. The mentality is beyond me. As for MW3? Well i'm actually glad because hopefully it'll take the knobbish, camping, killstreak loving crowd away from Black Ops :grin:.

Unfortunately I watched a developer vid on the new map pack and they were saying that these people were asking for more 'sniping opportunities'. Please piss off and stop ruining every game I like!

Don't get the map pack and you won't have to suffer. Plus it'll be ridiculously priced like 800 points for four maps.

CoD1 and 2 on the PC will alway be my favourites, the multiplayer was so pure and fun. None of this killstreak/attachments/perks crap business, when FPS's were about the shooting, not customization.

Spot on... COD one on PC was awesome. Carentan and Pavlov were 2 of the best levels for multiplayer games.

Loved it.

Don't get the map pack and you won't have to suffer. Plus it'll be ridiculously priced like 800 points for four maps.

It's activision. At least 1200, trust me.

Although this being Treyarch, it might be 5 maps, or maybe 4 and a zombies map. Who knows?

Spot on... COD one on PC was awesome. Carentan and Pavlov were 2 of the best levels for multiplayer games.

Loved it.

This man speaks the truth. Pavlov was especially awesome. I really do miss old-style Headquarters on Pavlov especially.

The thing with MW2 is that it was way way too easy to get your full set of killstreaks out consistently - it handed them out too liberally. It's bit harder now in Black Ops, and I think that has benefited the game a lot. The skies are no longer swarming with planes throughout the whole duration of a game. Strangely enough, my K/D is about to overtake my lifetime MW2 K/D after about 1/6th of the time, which I find weird - must've just got better at the game I guess.

Depends on your streaks :) when I had pred/harrier/chopper, I got the chopper maybe one game in three (and I was shit with it anyway). I started doing harrier/chopper/nuke towards the end, and I never got a nuke :(

I stand by shorty's comment - everyone has the same toolset at hand, so it's easy for everyone, so... if I have a positive k/d ratio, and if i'm consistently coming top 3 in matches (even when my my killstreaks were UAV/turret/nuke ffs) then it's got to be something else.

I played it to try and prestige and complete the challenges. That was the reason why I greatly enjoyed the multiplayer - the metachallenge of it all.

Depends on your streaks :) when I had pred/harrier/chopper, I got the chopper maybe one game in three (and I was shit with it anyway). I started doing harrier/chopper/nuke towards the end, and I never got a nuke :(

I stand by shorty's comment - everyone has the same toolset at hand, so it's easy for everyone, so... if I have a positive k/d ratio, and if i'm consistently coming top 3 in matches (even when my my killstreaks were UAV/turret/nuke ffs) then it's got to be something else.

I played it to try and prestige and complete the challenges. That was the reason why I greatly enjoyed the multiplayer - the metachallenge of it all.

It is something else. The game is just too easy. And when you say it's easy for everyone, that's not quite true... everytime you stop playing for more than two weeks, you get hammered hard for the first 2 hours you play, until you can get your groove on. That's half the player base right there. And then, out of the regulars, there's always a percentage of people who are new to the game... and as godly as some weapons are, you have to learn how to use them first.

Then, out of the whole 100% player base, you have about 12% that don't play with aim assist... as one of them, I urge you to try it! Let's see you consistently getting top 3 then... you'll be getting your ass kicked constantly for the next 6 months, guaranteed!

Then there's also the problem that many people don't really know how to aim properly with a dual analogue setting!

Of course, the last two issues happen with all other CoD games too, but you have neither uber weapons nor overpowered and too-easy killstreaks on top of it to make it even easier.

I love MW2's mutliplayer, I really do. I kick so much ass at it, none other is that much fun for me. But it's just really unbalanced.

And let's not go into the ridiculous exploits... quickscoping has gotta be the worst, but one man army danger close noobtubing with pred harrier pave low is just silly as fuck... 1 min into the game you have a pave low ripping everyone apart... it's just bad planning!

Also, stopping power in general. It's presence without juggernaut to counter it is ridiculous (not that I approve of any of them, should both burn in hell!) and the obsession with using it causes pretty much nobody to use cold blooded, thus making every aerial killstreak reward twice as effective as it should be.

Secondaries being just as powerfull as primaries is absolute bullshit. Machine pistols are way overpowered! PP2000/Raffica are pretty much SMGs! I'm okay with shotguns as secondaries... that one actually made perfect sense, since they're stricly close range and therefore unversatile.

The thing is, after you do learn, it just becomes ridiculously easy, to the point of actually making you think you're really good at it, when you really aren't that great. Case in point, all of us, who get our asses handed to us on occasion on the other CoDs and blame it on the game because it's actually fair. Bullshit.

Is MW2 my favourite CoD multiplayer? Indeed it is. Is it the best? Nope, surely the worst apart from CoD3 (which was just meh).

I never had aim assist on, for the record!

I can understand all any any complaints, but stats like those are useless to me. So there are noobs playing that I can kill? Sweet! People aren't using cold-blooded? Scope up! People noob-tubing? Shoot them in the face and laugh mercilessly! Some dude's kicking my team's ass, got pavelow and chopper in-bound, my dudes are all 0 kills 4 deaths? I'm-a go be the best player on my team and Fuck That Guy Up as much as possible!

I can understand complaints people have, but frankly saying that the game is easier for me than it is for people who haven't invested as much time into it as I have... I'd consider that fair compensation for the hours I invested.

Bleh. I can understand the facts and statistics, but they cannot reduce the enjoyment I had. As I said, I played the game to prestige and do challenges. I think I prestiged 6 or 7 times before I moved house (and got sucky internet), so I rarely had the same class set on. If I had completed all challenges and prestiged to the max, I'd probably not bother playing the game ever again. That was why I enjoyed the game so much.

I only noticed the Great Unbalance when I came across a full team of dudes who were clearly mates and had tactics sorted. They'd hold a position down and my teammates would ceaselessly go on kamikazi runs rather than playing it sensible. Sucked, but Not My Fault.

Not sure if I'm arguing anything.

Activision is a business.

Call of Duty franchise made a lot of money.

Modern Warfare franchise made even more money.

Activision continues making Modern Warfare games like there is no tomorrow.

:cry:

This news always makes me cry inside, because it just goes to show even more that the gaming industry is a business where developers like CING go bankrupt and companies like Activision thrive on little innovation.

'Gee, I haven't seen a proper FPS game on the market since, .......'

Man, .......what ever happened to the category of one.

Well i know i am going to be getting this, even if IW isn't what it used to be.

I loved MW2 and found it hard to fault... but maybe i am just easily pleased?

maybe i am just easily pleased?

Hmmm....

I must be the only one which thought matrix 2 was amazing then!?

Yep!

Sorry, couldn't resist that. :grin:

Haha, well I'm in the same boat as Mike then (liking / loving both MW2 and the "other" Matrix films).

That said, I guess I'm pretty lucky. In 400+ hours of the multiplayer game, I've never entered a hacked server, and I'm not good at spotting cheaters, however, i don't think I've encountered them very often. Of the 400 hours, far most of them were enjoyable.

It must also help I'm pretty relaxed, I don't get annoyed by a lot of stuff. If I get snipeds constantly, yeah, ok, annoying, but it's in the game, so I just keep playing. No big deal. The same goes for noobtubes, martyr grenades, killstreak awards, and all the other stuff people seem to find annoying (which is almost everything).

The matchmaking system, stuff like that.. That's a valid complaint. Grenadelaunchers and the like.. Is not. Go play something different without complaining about it, or change your own tactics / playstyle / loadout.

And what's this silly complaint about stopping power? Go play HC (says someone who is mediocre at best).

Haha, well I'm in the same boat as Mike then (liking / loving both MW2 and the "other" Matrix films).

:love:

And what's this silly complaint about stopping power? Go play HC (says someone who is mediocre at best)

I never used stopping power in mw2 and i normally did well! I used a silenced scar with scavanger, cold blooded and ninja perks. Was great for taking out several enemies in a group with them having no idea where i was!

Hated campers though, i would just find that boring! I'm all for running around!

Yeah me too, I'm a rusher, and I hate campers (especially the "good" ones, who anticipate you wanting revenge and sneak to the corner on the other side to get you again when you come looking for him). But I'm not going to complain about it, it's a valid tactic.

I never used stopping power before, but I now have it on the FAL, because eventhough I think it's a cool weapon and I wanted to get better with it, one shot often still wasn't enough in HC, and since my aim isn't exactly the best, I'd like to only need one shot, so I've been using stopping power with it.

My most used load out is:

The M16A.. Whatever (the 3-burst rifle) usually with the holographic sight. I prefer silencers, but it does seem I aim better with the sight than using the iron sight alone, especially for this gun. I still have the silencer version for search & destroy.

The raffica as my sidegun, with silencer.

C4, stungrenades..

And pretty much always Marathon, coldblooded and ninja as perks.

Painkiller as my deathstreak award.

And since I wanted to try getting a nuke, I've been doing the harriers - chopper gunner - nuke thing, and I finally managed that just before I clocked the 400 hours. Before that, I was doing the easy & team supportive combination of UAV - care package - predator missile, and I may change back to it one day, if I give up attempting to get some more nukes ;).