N-Europe

The Pirate Mafia

The Peeps

To be honest there's a chance that Smeagol's a mafia member. I'm not saying he is, but there's a chance. I have been a mafia member before with the jailkeep ability, and it was very useful as it made me appear good: 'yeah but I'm a protector, so I must be good'

The thing about jailkeepers is that while they protect they roleblock, but more than that they can gain information in games like this (e.g. they found out who I am because of this ability). Him targeting me doesn't prove anything - perhaps the mafia just wanted to roleblock me. And perhaps last night they didn't want to have ell protected. I don't know. This is all just a theory.

I would also say this: when I was targeted by Sméagol I 'witnessed unspeakable horrors' and my 'vision of evil was left heavily skewed' which stopped me from voting the next day. Not only does the 'not voting' thing sounds like an evil power, but the way it was described doesn't sound good.

Disclaimer: I'm thinking out loud, so don't jump on my back for this. It's a theory, nothing more. I have NO proof that Sméagol is good OR evil. More than anything I'm trying to share what I learnt when Sméagol targeted me with everyone.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for lack of posts. These games are moving fast and I am working nights, which believe me drains your soul. I am not the double voter.

Vote: heroicjanitor

I just noticed heroicjanitor has a double vote. Did we already know this?

I would also say this: when I was targeted by Sméagol I 'witnessed unspeakable horrors' and my 'vision of evil was left heavily skewed' which stopped me from voting the next day. Not only does the 'not voting' thing sounds like an evil power, but the way it was described doesn't sound good.

Which is why, like I already said before, I didn't use it on night 1. It's better used trying to roleblock scumnags than protecting the loyals. I chose one randomly from the ones who didn't vote for MadDog on night 2, which turned out to be Nintendohnut. For night 3, I thought, protecting either Ellmeister or Nintendohnut (of which I'm still not sure by the way, 'm still wondering what's up with that wooden leg), would be too obvious since they both asked for it, plus I didn't want to inflict that side effect on them.

Yeah but Sméagol, seeing as I and Ell asked for it, wouldn't it have made sense for you to target one of use, regardless of that side-effect?

Who did you target instead?

And to once again draw attention to the wooden leg is pointless. Everyone in this game is a freaking pirate, and what do stereotypical pirates have? Wooden legs. Me and this killer will not be the only players with wooden legs.

Sméagol, what happened to your daily analysis of the night phase? They were really useful in previous games! Please start them again! :)

Also, one thing that hasn't been mentioned is this: Popeye was a neutral, right? He must have been the one killing each night as there were two deaths until last night. (I suppose we knew that actually, seeing as we were specifically taking out the killer). However, I merely draw attention to the fact that the mafia were lucky - the neutral killed two townies for them, then took up a day's lynch. They are already closer to majority because of his work.

I got lazy, that's all ;).

I targeted myself, as I have a useful ability myself. I wasn't sure if The Peeps would allow me, so my second choice was heroicjanitor, decided in the same manner as you on night 2.

And the wooden leg thing, it's obvious that I'm not sure myself if I should act upon it, and I realise many pirates have wooden legs, but I don't know how The Peeps writes his write-ups. It is a description, and it's still possible it only belongs to one person.

I do not think the highlighting of the wooden leg is pointless at all. It's clear that we're not just Pirate Extras. There aren't many with peglegs, and we know one was a killer, so that's a big deal.

Vote: Nintendohnut. I'd like to follow this wooden leg theory first.

I, too, am not wholely certain about smeagol considering his character, but my gut says it's all good.

Yes, but I protected Ellmeister on night 2. And if it's a theory there's not going to be much to convince you I'm good. Are you trying to pressure me? Because my role is already known. If you're trying to start a lynch train based on the fact that a pirate has a wooden leg then there's very little I can do.

Incidentally, I totally thought I was just a generic pirate by my name (which I did not recognise). After you said that I googled it and if Peeps is referencing who google suggests first, that is totally awesome :)

I do not think the highlighting of the wooden leg is pointless at all. It's clear that we're not just Pirate Extras. There aren't many with peglegs, and we know one was a killer, so that's a big deal.

Vote: Nintendohnut. I'd like to follow this wooden leg theory first.

I, too, am not wholely certain about smeagol considering his character, but my gut says it's all good.

Sorry, Nintendohnut, to be honest, I i[]do[/i] think it's the best lead we have so far. However, I can't vote anyway, otherwise I would've taken a chance on this hunch.

So do you guys think I am the killer from last night? Even though I'm identified at the start of the write-up targeting myself and waiting for people to come for me?

If I am lynched 1) that's the day wasted 2) You need to analyse votes very carefully. Smeagol won't show up but needs to be looked into.

Smeagol, why don't you appear in the write-up last night when you have before? And how do explain the fact that I saw unspeakable horrors when you targeted me?

Finally: If you think I'm evil, why are you sorry? I think you know I'm not evil but are just pushing this anyway.

Honestly, I believe we are on a snipe hunt, lads.

I think that both Nintendohnut and Sméagol are good, and the mutineers are just scratching their sorry hides, laughing at us, and drinking stolen rum.

Vote: ReZourceman

Based on the hunch that he's not speaking much.

So do you guys think I am the killer from last night? Even though I'm identified at the start of the write-up targeting myself and waiting for people to come for me?

If I am lynched 1) that's the day wasted 2) You need to analyse votes very carefully. Smeagol won't show up but needs to be looked into.

Smeagol, why don't you appear in the write-up last night when you have before? And how do explain the fact that I saw unspeakable horrors when you targeted me?

Finally: If you think I'm evil, why are you sorry? I think you know I'm not evil but are just pushing this anyway.

I'm not sure you're evil, that's why I'm sorry. And I do appear last write-up. It looks like I'm the revered pirate.

Also, I want to mention again: I don't think Popeye was a killer.

Honestly, I believe we are on a snipe hunt, lads.

I think that both Nintendohnut and Sméagol are good, and the mutineers are just scratching their sorry hides, laughing at us, and drinking stolen rum.

Vote: ReZourceman

Based on the hunch that he's not speaking much.

So you're voting for somebody because they're hardly speaking? Do you think that'd mean they're mafia? Should we not give him a chance to talk first before voting like that? He might be busy or something...I mean, Zell doesn't post much and that is because he's working nights so that's a little bit suspicious to me...no offence.:hmm:

I'm really not sure what to say about the Nintendohnut-Sméagol thing as they both make points yet they both sound suspicious at the same time and since there are no other leads, I'm not casting my vote just yet. But Dohnut is right about one thing, we're wasting a day. They probably are laughing at us right now. We need to kill one of theirs and not one of ours so we need to make sure we get it right and so I ask Smeagol or Dohnut, are either one of you SURE the other is bad?

EDIT: Sorry Smeagol, just saw that post. I also want to ask you why you'd make us suspicious of Dohnut if you don't think he's bad?...

Edited by Animal

I don't get why Herojan was defending Smeagol, especially responding to my post with something he already said before anyway. It makes me suspicious of him, when I directly address someone and somebody else feels the need to answer for them, isn't that a bit strange? His double vote seems strange too, he gave quite a believable reason quite quick off the bat, though. Either a quick cover, or the truth, I can't really say. The quick vote on and off for Smeagol helps back up his double vote as truth, and also made it look like they possibly weren't working together, when in fact they might be.

Smeagol's lack of protecting Ell and his reasoning irks me though. I'm ususally reluctant to vote too quickly in mafias recently, but in this case Vote:Smeagol.

I do happen to find it might strange ReZ isn't/hasn't been posting in the thread, however. Unlike him, isn't it?

Am I right in counting 7 pirates in the writeup, out of 12 present and alive crew?

Well I'm afraid that I have a different description in every write-up, unless I'm not identifying myself properly. On night one I am the bearded pirate who is terrified by a card and doesn't leave his bunk all night. As I said from the very start of that day.

On night two I'm the one-legged pirate who tries to protect Ellmeister but is imprisoned (by smeagol I assume). (Why would I try to protect him if I were mafia?)

Last night I think I am the young pirate who stood ready, but nobody came for me.

And you seem to have forgotten that everyone in this game is a pirate, which means more than one player will have one leg/a wooden leg. It would be impossible not to in this game. Seriously, if I'm lynched you'll see you're being led massively astray by people like Tales and possibly Sméagol

Seriously, is the evidence against me simply that I have a wooden leg in a Pirate Mafia and so does the killer? It's a PIRATE MAFIA. I have explained where I am in every write-up so far, but for some reason people are ignoring this and going with tenuous 'evidence'. I don't want to be lynched again like this, like I was in the Disney mafia. There was extremely weak evidence in that and I was lynched. I was telling the truth all along. And now, in this game, the EXACT same thing is happening. In both games the mafia were/are sitting back and laughing at the town, slyly making comments to move on the lynch. It's incredibly frustrating to watch from my point of view.

Tales - can you point out who YOU are in each write-up? Just out of interest.

I don't need to point myself out in the write up. I'm not the one making things up on the go. There's more than enough adjectives to create 20 different pirates. I can count at least 14 from the first three write ups. He doesn't have to describe a pirate as just wooden legged or one legged, he can easily just use adjectives as funny, ugly, drunken etc.

Vote: Nintendohnut

I'll say once more -

Day one - I instantly say I was roleblocked by being terrified by a note in my bunk. Nobody else argues with me, because I'm not making shit up. In the write-up a bearded pirate is the one in the bunk

Day two - I am the one-legged pirate that Smeagol jailkept

Day three - everyone knows I protected myself. Either I am the young pirate mentioned at the start, or I am not in the write-up

Tales, are you saying I was lying on the first day about being terrified and staying in my bunk due to the note?

Exactly like in the Disney mafia - if I'm lynched I expect an apology for wrongly accusing me of 'making things up on the go' :p

No one argues because it's usually difficult to identify yourself in the write up.

I am saying you are either lying through your teeth by claiming good characters and killing at night(no one can prove you are a protector right?) or you got confused and screwed up.

So you're voting for somebody because they're hardly speaking? Do you think that'd mean they're mafia? Should we not give him a chance to talk first before voting like that? He might be busy or something...I mean, Zell doesn't post much and that is because he's working nights so that's a little bit suspicious to me...no offence.:hmm:

I voted ReZ because it's ReZ. He's usually more active than this, while I knew beforehand that Zell has a very busy schedule.

Hell, ReZ has even been posting in other threads, which means he's purposely avoiding this one for some reason. I'm guessing tactical silence.

Also, I hardly believe that Dohnut is worth going after due to a varying description... I mean, if he was lying, shouldn't other players come out and prove him wrong? But no one is.