N-Europe

Battlestar Galactica mafia

Sméagol

Awww... Man :/ At least I got an honourable mention, and was right in trusting Herojan.

Wait a sec, I see 4 cylons and 5 townies! What gives?

EDIT: Wait, I was wrongly counting Dannyboy as a townie. Why did he win that half-point, again?

Because I was on the winning team. This was mentioned in the rules. :)

It was quite annoying that I was found out at the only one, and then later on the town almost ceases to do anything. And then it turns out we couldn't even trust who was Cylon and who wasn't! :p

It was a pretty epic game in terms of proportions, and I think that might have scared people off. I think the write-ups suffered from J7 Disease: Too long and word-heavy.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I was on the winning team. This was mentioned in the rules. :)

It was quite annoying that I was found out at the only one, and then later on the town almost ceases to do anything. And then it turns out we couldn't even trust who was Cylon and who wasn't! :p

It was a pretty epic game in terms of proportions, and I think that might have scared people off. I think the write-ups suffered from J7 Disease: Too long and word-heavy.

The reason I was attacking you so aggressively is because I'm Saul Tigh :p

I was a bit panicked when I realised Diageo had found out I was a cylon - hence why he died that night lol. Luckily he didn't mention the information even if he did think it was wrong.

I liked that write-up, especially were Zell and mr-paul are put in the cell together lol

Considering how the town performed, I'm glad I got turned. I started off as townie but was activated by the mafia as a sleeper agent. When I said I was the anxious woman I was worried someone would make the Valerii/traitor connection as I had appeared with headaches, but I guess the ones left haven't watched the show? I know I would have picked up on that.

Was Jayseven the one releasing the virus? Thought it might be him.

I totally knew that the idealistic man was evil! that's why I asked who he was under the pretense of saying he was good. I think if I'd survived into the next day I could have got another mafia member.

I enjoyed my role quite a lot, it was a shame I died. I didn't realise my cat was going to be so useful as without it my power would have basically been pointless. Enjoyed the game overall, I just wish I hadn't died so early, and that people would actually participate in these games up until their end!

I totally knew that the idealistic man was evil! that's why I asked who he was under the pretense of saying he was good. I think if I'd survived into the next day I could have got another mafia member.

I enjoyed my role quite a lot, it was a shame I died. I didn't realise my cat was going to be so useful as without it my power would have basically been pointless. Enjoyed the game overall, I just wish I hadn't died so early, and that people would actually participate in these games up until their end!

Haha, there was no way I was falling for that :P

We knew you were a threat so I tried to take your points off of you (unforutnately herojan gave you one too, so you just had your normal amount) so we killed you off that night :)

Good game, I've finally won as mafia after coming so close in the last two games :)

One question, what relevance did those questions you asked us before the game have?

I think whoever Paj targeted some of their info would appear at the end of the write-up. Mine did one time.

Somewhere else, the doubtful woman is making a final attempt to gets somebody's attention. She sees a sexy woman pass by.

"Oh gods, you know what I heard? That you suck at Smash Bros!"

The sexy woman is unfazed by the doubtful woman's taunt, and ignores her. The doubtful woman has a worried look on her face, she can't shake the feeling she not realising her full potential.

And bits like that I'm guessing use the answers we gave

We played pretty well. Lots of activity in the mafia board and some good thinking by mr-paul allowed us to get a lynch on Aquila.

It was a good game, but I think people were a bit turned off by its perhaps unnecessary complexity and that lead to a bit of a lacklustre performance from the town.

We played pretty well. Lots of activity in the mafia board and some good thinking by mr-paul allowed us to get a lynch on Aquila.

It was a good game, but I think people were a bit turned off by its perhaps unnecessary complexity and that lead to a bit of a lacklustre performance from the town.

[..]

EDIT: Wait, I was wrongly counting Dannyboy as a townie. Why did he win that half-point, again?

For fullfilling his win-condition, but not surviving. For the others who got 0,5 points it's the other way around.

[..]

One of the things I was thinking.

Yeah, it was risky, but you have to admit it was a pretty clever roleclaim otherwise. ;) Still, I'm pissed we didn't know about roles being switched up human/Cylon-wise at that point, otherwise I'd have had a greater chance of making it.

It's mentioned in the rules (and I've also mentioned it in the sign-ups thread), that I would change some things for the game, and you should consider it an alternate reality even. But I didn't want to spell out I made some humans Cylon, that would defeat the purpose ;).

I wasn't Neutral. I was good. I had the option to defect to gain powers, though.

One of those missed opportunities.. I was really hoping you'd put up more of a fight. To be clear: you were good, and would always be. The thing is, although technically you were good, you were still connected to the Cylons initially. So you had these "abilities", which weren't helpful to town or to you. You were something of the opposite of Tales / Sharon Valerii. In fact, that would've been the trigger for your defection, when the Cylons activated their sleeper agent. Which was on the turn you died. If you held out for a little while longer, you would've gotten rid of your debilitating abilities, and gotten some good ones in return.

Can a mafia or Sméagol please explain this vote count to me?

Almost correctly explained by Tales, but Zell / Tori Foster used his falsify vote ability to change your vote of Zell to Aqui1a, and then used his own optional double vote ability. He used his abilities for the first and last time in the entire game, so no wonder they came as a surprise. Even to me, that's why I initially indeed made a mistake, but not the mistake you'd thought ;).

Jesus... It never occurred to me my vote could be switched, I was wondering if someone switched Ellmeister's vote... I could have prevented that lynch by removing my vote then?

Actually, that's a good question. The things is, this involves one of my more controversial decisions. The mafia were fully active, coming up with this great strategy to get rid of Aqui1a, although it was a bit risky (it had a similar approach to what happened in the last Pokémafia). However, they forgot to assign an executioner. Something I didn't realise myself untill I finally counted the votes and wanted to post the write-up. I didn't know what to do. Officially, I should have just ended the dayphase, but like I said, I was on the one hand disappointed with town in general, and on the other hand it simply felt too cheap if I'd deny the mafia the realisation of this tactic, based on a minor oversight. But I strive to be consistent. So I made a compromise, by deliberately extending the deadline in order to give them a chance to appoint an executioner. And this is where you come in, because at this point, I also realised I hadn't decided what to do with people who changed their votes after majority had been reached, but before an executioner had been appointed. Normally you could indeed, but like I said, this is after majority had been reached. Anyway, the way I saw it, the mafia had some time to appoint an executioner, and you had time to change your vote and put a stop to their plans.

Good game, I've finally won as mafia after coming so close in the last two games :)

One question, what relevance did those questions you asked us before the game have?

They were incorporated into the write-up where applicable. The insult was used for Ellmeister's / Kara Thrace's taunt ability, whereas the other questions were used for Paj Meen Ah's interview ability. Since there were quite a few roleblocker and / or protector abilities, you didn't see a lot of them unfortunately. That said, I thought they were a fun addition to the game.

Some more comments:

- Like I said, I was disappointed with town's performance. A general feeling inactivity, or minimum effort (i.e. random targets and barely posting) from the players, and a lack of reading (had to point Diageo 2 or 3 times to his role description before he realised he was a Cylon :rolleyes:)

- I think the above could be mostly attributed to, like Dannyboy already mentioned, my elaborate write-ups (and role descriptions, and rules etc.). Maybe some of you recall, that I warned I expected my write-ups to be quite minimal after my night 0 write-up. This obviously wasn't the case. Before the game, I had no idea how I would do write-ups. I thought I'd do single lines, or perhaps a few, for each action. But I'd personally thought It'd be more interesting if I make them more elaborate, make them more into a story, and incorporate gameplay details that I originally didn't intend to hint at in the write-up, things like Tales's / Sharon Valerii's headaches.

- The holiday season didn't help either.

- I didn't have much trouble concerning mistakes I made. All were easily correctible or didn't have a huge impact.

- 2 controversial decisions from me: one was the artificial deadline extension mentioned above. The other one was to allow Jonnas to make new decisions for his actions, as he was the first one to die, and therefore entitled to the "first to fall" priviliges, a special game mechanic I intend to use in future games in some form or another. In this game, he was allowed to make 1 gameplay related post before he died. But he didn't have interesting ability choices for this, so I let him make some other choices, also, because Laura Roslin was probably one of my favourite characters / roles, and I hated the mafia for killing him / her first :p. I was looking forward to sending Jonnas his reports. This decision resulted in him getting a report on Cube, of all people, who appeared evil under investigations (as the only one, and only untill his defection ability triggered). This obviously played a huge part in Cube getting lynched, however, I still expected some more resistance out of him. I don't regret my decisions.

Stuff I learned:

- Make write-ups more concise.

- Don't host a game during the holiday season.

- Original themes are better, people will make less assumptions.

- A general idea of how I should organise stuff while hosting a game.

If someone gets me an AAM, I will work on the role descriptions.

I actually liked the write-ups, usually they had something funny in them and the people being well defined made me remember them. I didn't keep any notes I knew in my head who all of the characters were and what their abilities were. Except for zell who I should have recognised as the sexy woman when I knew his power was false, would have given me a lot more confidence in going for him. Ah well, live and learn. I still had half the mafia in prison at the end of the game :p

Role descriptions

Be advised: wall of text ahead

(I intend to break records)

(too bad I can't do name links here, otherwise I'd make a list right here)

These are all the roles, including the hidden info. I even included some hints to things which were scrapped.

(they may be updated with tweaks they got when sending out the role descriptions or during the course of the game)

Black: normal info

Grey: hidden info, abilities, and technical attributes

Lila: hidden info, but not applicable from the start

Dark red: denotes ability names

Orange: denotes status names

Blue: denotes counter names

Purple: denotes token names

==================================================

[01] Saul Tigh played by heroicjanitor

Role: executive officer

Alignment: good

Type: Human

Appearance: loyal man

200px-Saul_Tigh.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Saul_Tigh

Abilitities:

active (1): order arrest: Choose a player to be arrested; target player will receive an order notification, and will be granted the arrest [player] ability, where [player] is the player chosen to be arrested. The targeted player will have untill the next deadline to decide whether to follow or disregard the order. Players can disregard the order by using another ability or not taking any action at all, however, refusing to follow an order will have consequences. When the targeted player succesfully uses the arrest [player] ability, the chosen player will be inflicted with the arrested status at the beginning of the next phase, making that player unable to use activated abilities, or be the target of activated abilities for the duration of 2 phases. If you target yourself, you will use the arrest [player] ability instead. Note that this ability can resolve during the dayphase or the nightphase, depending on whether you activate it before the dayphase deadline or the nightphase deadline.

- The player can choose him or herself.

- If the targeted player refuses (by using a different ability or taking no action), the target player will be inflicted with the arrested status instead, at the same time the ability would normally resolve.

- The player won't be informed when the targeted player refuses to carry out the order.

- In case the targeted player gets multiple orders: Helena Cain's order has priority, and there will be no consequences for not carrying out Saul Tigh's order. In case of an order from the Cylon leader, the player will have to make a choice.

- Type: other

- Appearance: talks

- Appearance when refused: target player is arrested for insubordination

active (1): arrest [player]: arrest target player, where [player] is the targeted player to be arrested. The targeted player will be inflicted with the arrested status, making that player unable to use activated abilities, or be the target of activated abilities, for the duration of 2 phases.Note that this ability can resolve during the dayphase or the nightphase, depending on whether you activate it before the dayphase deadline or the nightphase deadline.

- Type: roleblock / protect

- Appearance: arrests

passive: second in command: in absence of a certain player, you will take over this person's duties.

- This ability will be triggered whenever William Adama is inflicted with the arrested, rescued or boxed status, or permanently when William Adama is deceased. Not triggered by Tom Zarek's discourage ability. Upon triggering, you will gain the order arrest and arrest [player] abilities.

Win condition:

See the comprehensive rules for the win condition for good players.

Comment:

He gets the exact same abilities as William Adama when he's not around.

[02] Sherman Cottle played by gmac

Role: doctor

Appearance: grumpy man

200px-Cottle.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Sherman_Cottle

Abilitities:

You serve as the source for chamalla for a certain player.

active (1): patch up: prevent death of target player. Players who have been saved this way, will have the recovering status next turn, meaning they will not receive the usual Ability Point at the start of the turn.

- The player will not be informed if his ability was succesful or even necessary.

- Type: protection

- Appearance: operates

- Appearance when not applicable: no appearance unless targeting triggers the Lance's animal instinct ability or the animal instinct ability, in which case he talks to target player.

Win condition:

Comment:

One of the few more straightforward roles.

[03] Helena Cain played by ReZourceman

Role: admiral

Appearance: fearsome woman

200px-CainH.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Helena_Cain

Abilities:

Upon death, a certain player will inherit your razor, granting this person the assassinate ability.

You don't have to take orders from certain players. You still may, if you wish though, but you won't suffer the consequences if you don't, like others will.

- This applies to orders from William Adama or Saul Tigh.

active (1): order assassination: Choose a player to be assassinated; target player will receive an order notification, and will be granted the assassinate [player] ability, where [player] is the player chosen to be assassinated. The targeted player will have untill the next deadline to decide whether to follow or disregard the order. Players can disregard the order by using another ability or not taking any action at all, however, refusing to follow an order will have severe consequences. If you target yourself, you will use the assassinate [player] ability instead. Note that this ability can resolve during the nightphase or the dayphase, depending on whether you activate it before the dayphase deadline or the nightphase deadline.

- The player can choose him or herself, although that would be a bit pointless.

- If the targeted player refuses (by using a different ability or taking no action), the target player will be killed instead, at the same time the ability would normally resolve.

- The player won't be informed when the targeted player refuses to carry out the order.

- In case the targeted player gets multiple orders: Helena Cain's order has priority, and there will be no consequences for not carrying out Saul Tigh's order. In case of an order from the Cylon leader, the player will have to make a choice.

- Appearance when refused: target player is shot on sight

active (1): assassinate [player]: you will kill [player]. Note that this ability can resolve during the dayphase or the nightphase, depending on whether you activate it before the dayphase deadline or the nightphase deadline.

- Type: kill

- Appearance: shoots

Items:

- razor

- Type: special

Win condition:

Comment:

She's William Adama's counterpart. Similar, but more drastic. Kendra Shaw would inherit her knife, and take up the vigilante role. I also originally intended to do more with items, That's why the item has a type.

[04] Kendra Shaw played by Aqui1a

Role: razor

Appearance: courageous woman

200px-KendraShaw.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Kendra_Shaw

Abilities:

active (1): identify: choose a player; you will receive a report at the start of the next turn detailing the appearance of the chosen player.

- Appearance: checks security footage

active (1): assassinate: kill target player. This ability can be used only once a turn.

- This ability will be enabled upon inheriting Helena Cain's razor.

- Type: kill

- Appearance: fires sidearm

passive: inheritance: upon a certain player's death, you will gain an item that will grant you a new ability.

Win condition:

Comment:

After it became clear the mafia intended to kill the town's prime investigator, I began to reevaluate the balance, and decided to reinstate the identify ability, which I had scrapped earlier.

[05] Romo Lampkin played by Nintendohnut

Role: lawyer

Appearance: shady man

200px-Romo_Lampkin.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Romo_Lampkin

Abilities:

active (1): defend: remove an evidence for [player] counter; prevent the lynch of [player]. You must private message me before the dayphase deadline, and before majority has been reached, if you wish to use this ability. Send me the name of the player whose lynch you wish to prevent. The result of you're ability will be shown when I post the final voting count for that dayphase, when I'd normally would post the lynch write-up as well, this will always be at the end of the dayphase, so a bit after 00:00 CET. Also note that, your character will appear in the prevented lynch write-up with the same description he has in normal write-ups.

- Appearance: defend

active (1): Build case: target a player. You receive an evidence for [player] counter, where [player] is the player you targeted.

- Appearance: steal

- Lance the cat will react to the targeted player. It hisses towards evil players, and purrs towards others. This will be part of the appearance.

active (0): will: any time you can send me a private message, and specify which player will inherit Lance upon your death.

- If the player doesn't decide, Caprica Six will get Lance.

- Type: mod PM

passive: Lance's animal instinct: your cat has an animal instinct.

- If an activated ability is used, this will be disabled.

- If arrested or rescued, write-up will describe only the cat. This ability will still trigger.

- Appearance if player gets targeted by an evil person: hisses

- Appearance if player gets targeted by a good or neutral person: purrs

Item:

- Lance, your cat

- Type: special

Win condition:

Comment:

I didn't include the cat right away when I decided to include this character. When I did, the problem was what exact ability I would give him, as at that point, there was another character who already had the hidden alignment investigative abilities. I thought that would be too much, but I found it too much fun and useful for this character, so I kept tweaking it, untill it became apparent I had to scrap the other role anyway.

[06] Caprica Six played by Cube

Role: rebel

Type: Cylon

Appearance: passionate woman

200px-Season_3_-_Promo_-_AMOS_-_Number_Six.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Caprica_Six

Abilities:

You appear as evil when investigated.

You may still receive orders from the Cylon leader, which you will have to carry out.

(The following ability is currently unavailable)

active (1): observe: you will receive a report at the start of next turn detailing which player target player has targeted in the current turn if applicable.

- Appearance: follows

(The following ability is currently unavailable)

passive: Cylon intel: whenever you are targeted, the player targeting you will show up named in the write-up.

- Can't be targeted when arrested or rescued, this ability won't be triggered in these cases. You can still be targeted with the boxed status.

Passive: defection: when this ability is triggered, you will lose all your current abilities, and gain the Cylon intel and observe abilities.

- Defection will be triggered when the Cylon leader uses the activate ability on Sharon Valerii, or at the start of turn 5, whichever comes first.

Win condition:

Comment:

This character was intended as a scapegoat for the mafia to use, while she was available. Like Kendra Shaw's identify ability, the observe ability was implemented after the game had already started, during turn 1. I felt she could use another argument to persuade town to keep her around if she was being questioned, and town could use another helpful ability (they originally had no trackers at all). Unfortunately, it didn't help. The Cylon intel ability would probably have been more useful when I had gotten the 20 / 21 players I wanted, since 2 of the roles I scrapped were evil, and would have been interesting names to show up in the write-up.

[07] Sharon Agathon played by jayseven

Role: Colonial sympathiser

Appearance: defected woman

200px-Sharon_Agathon.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Sharon_Agathon

Abilities:

active (1): Cylon virus: choose a player; if the chosen player is Cylon, that player will be inflicted with the disrupted status. That player may not communicate with any allies this player may have next turn.

- Will not have any effect on humans or members of the final 4 who haven't been awakened yet.

- Will prevent a non-defected Caprica Six from receiving orders.

- Will prevent a non-activated Sharon Valerii from being activated.

- Type: Cylon virus

- Appearance: is physically connected to the computer

passive: download memories: you will receive the memories of a certain player upon this player's death.

- The player gets full details on Sharon Valerii, if and when she dies. This includes all the actions she has taken, and every time she's been the target of someone else. All involved characters will show up by their character name.

- Appearance: no appearance

Win condition:

Comment:

Probably the role I'm most proud of. Unlike other roles, which were standard mafia roles applied to my game mechanics, although most of them had a certain twist as well, but this one, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before. I'm quite fond of it actually :). In practice, players who got infected, got banned from their forum for that turn. The mafia were quite annoyed, jayseven had some spot-on targets :D.

[08] D'Anna Biers played by Paj Meen Ah

Role: Leader of the final 4

Alignment: neutral

Appearance: inquisitive woman

200px-Number_Three.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/D'anna_Biers

Abilities:

You are the first member of the final 4. Your goal is to awaken the 3 remaining members. You may communicate with the other members of the final 4 outside the gamethread on the following forum:

http://bg-mafia-final4.proboards.com/

active (1): interview: you will interview target player. This will get a special section in the write-up. You may target dead players, the special section will reflect this. Note that, you don't receive a notification of your ability's results.

- Appearance special section: targeted player's character will be seen anwsering a question, which was specified during the role confirmation before the start of the game.

Appearance special section when targeting dead player: retrospective with "archived material".

active (2): report: you will report on target player's activities of the current night. This will get a special section in the write-up. Note that, you don't receive a notification of your ability's results.

- Appearance: stalks

- Appearance special section: targeted player's actions of the current night will be reported, even if those actions normally don't appear in the write-up.

passive: awaken: whenever you target a player or get targeted by a player who is unknowingly a member of the final 4, you will trigger their (hidden) awakening ability. Their alignment will change to neutral, and their win condition will change to the same win condition as yours. They lose their awakening ability, but keep the rest of their current abilities, and in addition they gain the awaken ability (i.e. this ability). If you target an already dead member of the final 4, this will count towards your win condition.

Win condition:

You win when, at the end of the game, all remaining members of the final 4 are accounted for, and when at least 1 Human player and 1 Cylon player (other than a member of the final 4) remain, and all threats to the human-Cylon alliance have been eliminated.

Comment:

So, the first of the "final 4", which of course is based on the final 5, but to mix things up, I changed who they were. This was one of the major things I used to cause confusion, something I did all too well. D'Anna Biers was the first, and she had to find and awaken the 3 others, making this the neutral team for this game, but they didn't get any mention at all. It didn't help 2 of them died early on. Like mentioned earlier, the anwsers people gave to my questions during the role confirmation, was used for the interview ability. She also has an ability which costs 2 AP's, so she either had to request the aid of the current president, or become the president herself.

[09] William Adama played by MadDog

Role: Commander

Appearance: serious man

200px-William_Adama.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/William_Adama

Abilities:

Any time you have the rescued, arrested, or boxed status, you will temporarily trigger Saul Tigh's second in command ability. When you die, you will trigger it permanently.

You are a member of the final 4. Your goal is to awaken the remaining members. You may communicate with the other members of the final 4 outside the gamethread on the following forum:

active (1): order arrest: Choose a player to be arrested; target player will receive an order notification, and will be granted the arrest [player] ability, where [player] is the player chosen to be arrested. The targeted player will have untill the next deadline to decide whether to follow or disregard the order. Players can disregard the order by using another ability or not taking any action at all, however, refusing to follow an order will have consequences. When the targeted player succesfully uses the arrest [player] ability, the chosen player will be inflicted with the arrested status at the beginning of the next phase, making that player unable to use activated abilities, or be the target of activated abilities for the duration of 2 phases. If you target yourself, you will use the arrest [player] ability instead. Note that this ability can resolve during the nightphase or the dayphase, depending on whether you activate it before the dayphase deadline or the nightphase deadline.

- The player can choose him or herself.

- If the targeted player refuses (by using a different ability or taking no action), the target player will be inflicted with the arrested status instead, at the same time the ability would normally resolve.

- In case the targeted player gets multiple orders: Helena Cain's order has priority, and there will be no consequences for not carrying out William Adama's order. In case of an order from the Cylon leader, the player will have to make a choice.

- If there is only one Cylon remaining, who is evil, and the player has awakened as a member of the final 4, this ability can be used to arrest the last remaining evil Cylon, ending the game, and fulfilling the final 4 win condition

- Appearance when refused: target player is arrested for insubordination

active (1): arrest [player]: arrest target player, where [player] is the targeted player to be arrested. The targeted player will be inflicted with the arrested status, making that player unable to use activated abilities, or be the target of activated abilities, for the duration of 2 phases.Note that this ability can resolve during the dayphase or the nightphase, depending on whether you activate it before the dayphase deadline or the nightphase deadline.

- Appearance: arrests

passive: awakening: whenever you target or get targeted by a player who is an awakened member of the final 4, you will trigger this ability. Your alignment changes to neutral, and your win condition will change to the same win condition as the other members of the final 4. You lose this ability, but gain the awaken ability, and the ability to communicate with other members of the final 4 outside the gamethread.

passive: awaken: whenever you target a player or get targeted by a player who is unknowingly a member of the final 4, you will trigger their awakening ability. Their alignment will change to neutral, and their win condition will change to the same win condition as yours. They lose their awakening ability, but keep the rest of their current abilities, and in addition they gain the awaken ability (i.e. this ability), and the ability to communicate with other members of the final 4 outside the gamethread. If another member of the final 4 targets an already other dead member of the final 4, this will count towards your win condition.

Win condition:

- This win condition will be disabled after awakening has been triggered.

Win condition:

You win when, at the end of the game, all remaining members of the final 4 are accounted for, and when at least 1 Human player and 1 Cylon player (other than a member of the final 4) remain, and all threats to the human-Cylon alliance have been eliminated.

Comment:

I really wanted one of my gamemechanic themes to be indirect abilitities, and this was the first I created. I thought it would be fun to see the mafia panic if they were ordered to arrest (or worse) one of their own :).

[10] Laura Roslin played by Jonnas

Role: President

Appearance: dedicated woman

200px-Laura_Roslin.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Laura_Roslin

Abilities:

You are a member of the final 4. Your goal is to awaken the remaining members. You may communicate with the other members of the final 4 outside the gamethread on the following forum:

At the beginning of each turn, you receive a chamalla counter.

active (1): vision: remove up to 3 chamalla counters; choose a player. You will receive a vision about that player during the night, which may reveal their true nature. you may target dead players. You can use this ability only once a turn. When sending the private message, please specify the number of Chamalla counters you'd like to use.

- The player will receive a report with info on the chosen player. The info depends on how many chamalla counters have been used to activate this ability.

- 1 chamalla counter: the player will be informed of the chosen player's appearance in the write-up.

- 2 chamalla counters: the player will be informed of the chosen player's alignment. This will be reported as:

- good player: light aura

- neutral player and Kara Thrace before triggering rebirth: shimmering aura

- evil player: dark aura

- Muffit III: no aura

- Kara Thrace after triggering rebirth: very bright aura

- when targeting dead players: the aura will be faint

- [confidential]

- 3 chamalla counters: the player will be informed of the chosen player's actions that night. These include that player's own activated abilities used that night, even those that normally don't appear in the write-up itself, any actions by other players who targeted the player, as well as any passive abilities which are triggered that night that happen to have an appearance, and all characters involved in those actions. When a player has the boxed status this will also show up in the report.

- This ability can not be stopped by the arrest or rescue abilities.

- Appearance: sleeps

active (1): take chamalla: you receive an additional chamalla counter.

- This ability will be disabled when Sherman Cottle dies. The player will be informed of this event.

- This ability can not be stopped by the arrest or rescue abilities.

- Appearance: takes medicine

passive: awakening: whenever you target or get targeted by a player who is an awakened member of the final 4, you will trigger this ability. Your alignment changes to neutral, and your win condition will change to the same win condition as the other members of the final 4. You lose this ability, but gain the awaken ability, and the ability to communicate with other members of the final 4 outside the gamethread.

passive: awaken: whenever you target a player or get targeted by a player who is unknowingly a member of the final 4, you will trigger their awakening ability. Their alignment will change to neutral, and their win condition will change to the same win condition as yours. They lose their awakening ability, but keep the rest of their current abilities, and in addition they gain the awaken ability (i.e. this ability), and the ability to communicate with other members of the final 4 outside the gamethread. If another member of the final 4 targets an already other dead member of the final 4, this will count towards your win condition.

Win condition:

Win condition:

Comment:

Town's primary investigator. I was quite annoyed when she got killed first :D. I was looking forward to having fun with all those visions and chamallas. But what are you going to do. It's a shame though, as Jonnas looked genuinely excited about my game. Couldn't you have picked one of the less active players? Hmm? :D :p Jonnas was also the initial president. The reason why I didn't reveal the identity of the initial president at the start, was because people would then most likely be able to guess He was Laura Roslin. I didn't want to give away his character. The presidential abilities are mentioned at the bottom.

[11] Gaius Baltar played by Diageo

Role: scientist

Appearance: nervous man

200px-Gaius_Baltar.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Gaius_Baltar

Abilities:

active (1): Cylon test: you will receive a report on target player, reveiling their biological nature. You may target dead players.

- The player gets a report, revealing the targeted player's type. So this can be Human, Cylon, or robot in the case of Muffit III. If the player targets Kara Thrace after rebirth has been triggered, the results will still show human.

- Appearance: takes bloodsample.

- Appearance when targeting Muffit III: attempts to take blood sample.

Win condition:

Win condition:

Comment:

I included this role because obviously I had to, but also I wanted to create extra confusement regarding the unawakened final 4. This had the potential to get one of them wrongfully lynched. So initially, this investigator doesn't seem as useful, however, once town realises that Cylon does not equal evil, and the player realises he's part of the final 4, this character would become a big deal more useful.

[12] Muffit III role was scrapped

Role: A boy's best friend.

Type: robot (dog)

Appearance: dog

180px-Muffit.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Muffit

Abilities:

You are not required to private message me every turn. As a result, you will never be flagged as inactive.

You can't be the target of the order arrest ability.

You can't be the target of the order assasinate ability.

You can't be chosen for president.

You can't volunteer to be the executioner.

active (1): animal instinct

- When using this ability, you can only be targeted by the player you're targeting.

- Type: target

- Appearance when targeting a good or neutral player: wags tail

- Appearance when targeting an evil player: barks

passive: animal instinct

- This ability is disabled when the activated version is used instead.

- Appearance when targeted by a good or neutral player: wags tail

- Appearance when targeted by an evil player: barks

- Appearance when not targeted: no appearance

Win condition:

Comment:

The second role I scrapped. It was intended for people who were new to mafia games or who'd know in advance they can't be fully active. It was intended as a joke character, but still useful to town, even when the player was inactive. However, in order to stimulate the player to be active, I would tell nothing about how the abilities function. Later, I gave the hidden investigative abilities to Romo Lampkin as well, as I'd figure they would come in handy for his character. I was constantly tweaking this, because I wasn't sure if this would upset the balance. On the other hand, there were 3 alignment investigators, although 2 of them weren't told they were, and one was a type investigator, but this wasn't immediately useful untill town realised certain things. There were no trackers whatsoever originally. Not for town at least. So I thought it was ok to have both Muffit and Lance in the game. However.. When it became apparent I had to scrap the role, it no longer was a problem. I really liked Muffit however, so I decided to incorporate him as an NPC, and gave him a different function. But nobody seemed to give the poor dog attention..

[13] John Cavil played by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Role: Cylon leader

Alignment: evil

Appearance: pragmatic man

200px-John_Cavil.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/John_Cavil

Abilities:

You are a member of the evil Cylons. You can communicate with eachother on the following forum:

http://bg-mafia-cylons.proboards.com/

active (1): box: choose a player. If the chosen player is a Cylon, that player will inflicted with the boxed status at the start of the next turn, making that player unable to use activated abilities next turn, or to post in the gamethread.

- Non-Cylon players are unaffected.

- If the player chooses one of the Sharon models, the other is affected as well.

- Type: roleblock

- Appearance: downloads something in a metal object

- Appearance of the boxed player: motionless

active (1): construct Centurion: you receive a Centurion counter.

- Appearance: constructs something

active (0): complete Centurion: remove 2 Centurion counters; put a Centurion token into play. This will act as an NPC you can give orders to. You can use this ability only once each turn.

- Appearance: constructs something

active (0): order assassination: choose an evil Cylon player, or the unknown agent, or an Centurion token, choose a player to be assassinated; the chosen player or NPC will be granted the assassinate [player] ability, where [player] is the player chosen to be assassinated. The player will use this ability automatically.

- Players affected by the disrupted status can't be chosen. The Cylon leader will be informed of this when it's relevant.

- In case you are affected by the disrupted status yourself, this ability will be disabled.

- Centurion tokens are NPC's. They aren't as effective as players, they will be destroyed in the process when using the assassinate ability.

- Type: other / evil Cylon leader

active (1): activate: this will trigger your sleeper agent's activation ability, making this person a full member of your evil Cylon team. This ability's effect will take effect immediately.

- If Sharon Valerii is affected by the disrupted status at the time this ability resolves, her activation ability will not be triggered.The Cylon leader can make another attempt at a later point. The player will not be informed of the reason why it fails.

- In case you are affected by the disrupted status yourself, this ability will be disabled.

- Type: other / evil Cylon leader

Win condition:

See the comprehensive rules for the win condition for evil players.

Comment:

Originally I created him as the official Cylon leader, but later I split the character role and the function as Cylon leader, since having leaders and second-in-command was becoming a gamemechanic theme in my game. I've though about having the mafia players dcide who was the inital Cylon leader, but ultimately decided against it. The order assassination and activate abilities are specific Cylon leader abilities, but since he's the first to get them, I list them here. Those are passed down to his second-in-command, which was The Peeps. He was the only one to be able to create the NPC's to be used to carry out the assassinations, so it was unfortunate for the mafia he got killed. One of the many things I created for the mafia to be able to stay hidden. But they seemed to do fine without them as well :). Dannyboy also had the hardest role to roleclaim, he's the only evil Cylon (apart from the crapped characters) who in the series is definitely associated with, well, evil cylons. The others weren't.

[14] Leoben Conoy role was scrapped

Role: false prophet

Appearance: charismatic man

200px-CyLeo.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Leoben_Conoy_(New_Caprica_copy)

Abilities:

You are a member of the evil Cylons. You can communicate with eachother on the following forum:

active (1): fabricate reality: choose a player. You will alter this player's perception of reality. You can do this by specifying new attributes for any players you wish. Attributes you can specify are alignment, type, and appearance. You can specify false attributes for players in the following format:

# [player]

This is the player you wish to be perceived differently by the chosen player.

- alignment

This can be good, evil, or neutral.

- type

This can be Human, Cylon, or what ever you like.

- appearance

There are 3 ways you can specify this. You can make up an appearance your own. You can also give me the name of another player. Then this player will be perceived as the character the specified player has. You can also give me a character from the Battlestar Galactica universe. If the character exists in the game, I will use the same appearance used for that character. If not, I will make one up in the same style as the others.

You can specify the perception of any number of players (to make the most of this ability you should specify this for all remaining players). The effect of this ability will last untill the end of the next dayphase. Note that, you only change the chosen player's perception, not the actual reality. You can use this ability only once a turn.

- This will only affect targeted abilities. Abilities like vision, who choose their targets, remain unaffected.

- Type: fabricate reality

- Appearance: home decorating

Win condition:

Comment:

This is the first role I scrapped, and 1 of the 2 scrapped mafia roles. This one was potentially more useful to the mafia than the other one, however, since this role is so involved, and gives both me as the player a lot of work, I thought it was a bit risky, that's why it was the first to go. His ability was based on the episode where he's messing with Kara Thrace's mind on New Caprica.

[15] Daniel Graystone role was scrapped

Role: [confidential]

Appearance: [confidential]

200px-Daniel_Graystone_trailer.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Number_Seven

Abilities:

[confidential]

Win condition:

Comment:

The other mafia role I scrapped, and I wasn't pleased about scrapping this one. It was one of the last role I created, in a time I still imagined getting 20 players for my game :rolleyes:, so I needed to fill my roster when I only had 18. I was thinking of who to add for the mafia (for town it was Saul Tigh by the way), then it hit me, and I thought it was genius. I'll use the mysterious 7th Cylon model, who in my alternate universe, is still alive and kicking, and will surprise anyone who's familiar with the show. I created an awesome ability for him too, just as unique as Sharon Agathon's Cylon virus ability. Potentially not quite useful, but I thought the surprise effect would more than make up for it. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. I could justify scrapping Leoben Conoy, with a more useful ability than his, over him, because he was simply too complex, but not any of the other evil Cylon. So he had to go. Since I think this role is too much fun, I'll keep it secret, and repurpose it for a future game. However, I wanted to let people know Daniel was supposed to be in it. As for his last name, People who've watched Caprica as well, know where it comes from. I haven't watched Caprica, but I read rumours that that character was supposed to be the guy model number 7 was based upon, so I ran with it.

[16] Anastasia Dualla played by The Peeps

Role: communications officer

Appearance: watchful woman

200px-Anastasia_Dualla.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Dualla

Abilities:

active (1): monitor communications: choose a player; you will receive a report on the specified player at the start of the next turn, detailing who this player has targeted and who has targeted this player in the current turn.

- Appearance: concentrates on her earpiece

active (1): send message: choose a player; you can specify a text for me to relay to the chosen player. You may also specify a sender, this can be any name you like. You can use this ability at any time during the turn.

- Appearance: concentrates on her earpiece

passive: paranoid monitoring: whenever you are targeted, you will receive a notification detailing who has targeted you.

Win condition:

Comment:

So, the last person you'd expect to be a Cylon. And she's a supertracker as well, which proved quite useful. Aside from mixing things up by making her one of the evil Cylon, her abilities are based on her real counterpart (just like everyone else's actually, as far as possible / I could think of). So she's the best example to have as a reason why you shouldn't make assumptions in a / my game :D. The send message ability was the only thing the mafia could use to communicate with a disrupted ally, which they happily made use of.

[17] Tom Zarek played by mr-paul

Role: motivator

Appearance: idealistic man

200px-Zarek.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Tom_Zarek

Abilities:

At the end of your turn, remove any remaining coup counters.

active (1): encourage: at the beginning of the next phase, target player receives an additional Ability Point. Note that this ability can resolve during the nightphase or the dayphase, depending on whether you activate it before the dayphase deadline or the nightphase deadline.

- Type: motivational

active (1) discourage: at the beginning of the next phase, target player loses an Ability Point. Note that this ability can resolve during the nightphase or the dayphase, depending on whether you activate it before the dayphase deadline or the nightphase deadline.

- Type: motivational

active (1) plan coup: at the beginning of the next turn, you receive a coup counter.

- Appearance: makes preparations

active (1): stage coup: remove a coup counter; at the start of the next turn, you will become the president for 2 turns. The current president will be thrown in the brig, inflicting this player with the arrested status for the next turn, making this player unable to use activated abilities or to be the target of activated abilities. You may use this ability only once a turn.

- Appearance: overthrows president [player]

Win condition:

Comment:

I really wanted Tom Zarek in the game, and he looked like the perfect candidate to thrown on the evil side and mix things up. Still, his abilities are based on him constantly trying to influence certain people. Weirdly enough it was the idea that he could overthrow the president that led me to implement a proper presidency mechanic, as I couldn't think of a fair penalty that would only affect Laura Roslin. So I started thinking of what benefits a president would have. I didn't expect it to be used though, as it doesn't make you look good :rolleyes:, but it was something this character just had to be able to do.

[18] Tory Foster played by Zell

Role: Election rigger

Appearance: sexy woman

200px-Tory_Foster.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Tory_Foster

Abilities:

active (1): falsify vote: choose a player, choose vote; that vote will count towards the chosen player instead. The player whose vote has been changed, will still show up in the voting tally voting for his or her original candidate, however, the voting numbers will reflect the change. On election days, you may manipulate lynch votes or president votes, you will have to specify this. You can only change votes within their respective types. You cannot change someone's lynch vote to a president vote and vice versa. If you wish to use this ability, you need to send me a private message before the dayphase deadline and before majority has been reached.

- Type: day

- Appearance: doing paperwork

active (0): double vote: your vote will be counted twice. If you wish to use this ability, you need to send me a private message before the dayphase deadline and before majority has been reached. You can only use this ability once a turn.

- Type: day

- Appearance: doing paperwork

passive: census: at the beginning of each turn, you will receive a report on the number of Humans and the number of Cylons remaining in the fleet.

- Appearance: receives a report in the morning

Win condition:

Comment:

I wanted her to be in the game, but I initially couldn't come up with her abilities. In hindsight, it looks so logical. Perhaps it looks a bit unfair, the falsify vote ability, acting almost as a triple vote, but keep in mind a player could nullify its effect by changing his vote when he realised something's wrong. I personally didn't imagine it being used the way it was, more as a anoying ability to confuse people and prevent lynches for mafia members. But they were never being lynched except for Dannyboy :rolleyes:. The census ability was simply to give the mafia an advantage by giving them useful knowledge. This could be used against the final 4 and other good Cylons.

[19] Sharon Valerii played by Tales

Role: Sleeper agent

Appearance: unknowing woman

Sharon.PNG

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Sharon_valerii

Abilities:

active (1): rescue mission: target player will be inflicted with the rescued (and you with the rescuing) status, making both of you unable to use activated abilities. Both you and target player cannot be the target of activated abilties. These statuses will clear at the end of the next dayphase.

- Appearance: takes target player with her in her raptor, blending in the fleet

passive: download memories: you will receive the memories of a certain person upon this person's death.

- The player gets full details on Sharon Agathon, if and when she dies. This includes all the actions she has taken, and every time she's been the target of someone else. All involved characters will show up by their character name.

passive: activation: this will be triggered when the Cylon leader uses the activate ability. Your alignment changes to evil, and your win condition will change to that of the other evil Cylons. You will then be able to communicate with the other evil Cylons.

- Will not be triggered when either the player or the Cylon leader have the disrupted status.

Win condition:

- This win condition will be disabled when activation has been triggered.

Win condition:

Comment:

Probably together with Laura Roslin one of the best fusions of mafia gameplay with the flavour inspiration in my game. This role is pretty much her character in the series. She's a jailkeeper, just like Adama and Tigh, but with some different implications. Obviously she wasn't told in the beginning, and, if for some reason she never got activated, she would stay good for the entire game. If anyone's wondering why she's described as the "sexy woman", that's just me expressing my taste in women ;).

[20] Kara Thrace played by Ellmeister

Role: Harbinger of death

Type after rebirth has been triggered: messenger

Appearance: doubtful woman

Appearance after rebirth has been triggered: confident woman

200px-Kara_Thrace.jpg

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Kara_Thrace

Abilities:

active (1): Taunt: Target player will abandon his or her current target if applicable, and target you instead.

- This ability will be disabled after rebirth has been triggered.

- This will only take effect if target player actually intended to use a targeted ability that night. That

Ability will still have its usual effect, including death. Does not affect abilities who don't target.

- Type: taunt

- Appearance: insults (insults will be specified for each player during the role confirmations)

active (1): new Earth: target player receives a New Earth counter

- Type: target

- Appearance: shows a starchart

active (2): arm yourself: you receive a bullet counter.

- Appearance: goes to armoury.

passive: rebirth: This will trigger upon death.

- You will skip the next phase. If this is a dayphase, you may not post during this phase. You will lose all your current abilities, and gain the new Earth, arm yourself and quick draw abilities. You will receive a bullet counter, and a win condition.

- This ability will be disabled after it has been triggered.

passive: quick draw: remove a bullet counter; whenever a player targets you with a kill ability, that player will be killed instead.

Win condition:

You win when every remaining good player has received a New Earth token. This will end the game after one last turn, regardless if any evil Cylon players remain.

- The write-up should make it clear the fleet is preparing to jump.

Comment:

This was the best I could think of for Kara Thrace, and I was pretty pleased. So I was pretty disappointed when I saw the character go to waste.. Such a shame. Can't be helped, Ellmeister tried his best, but simply wasn't as skilled in getting himself killed as Cube was :rolleyes:. A Kara Thrace risen from the dead would've been a powerhouse, able to cause major problems for the mafia. But it wasn't meant to be. Eventhough I'm obliged to give you this role description, I like it too much, so I think I'll repurpose this one as well :D. And, again, the taunt ability uses the insults you people provided me with during role confirmations. I had some fun with those ;).

[21] [confidential] role was scrapped

Role: [confidential]

Type: [confidential]

Appearance: [confidential]

[confidential]

[confidential]

Abilities:

[confidential]

[confidential]

[confidential]

[confidential]

[confidential]

[confidential]

[confidential]

[confidential]

Win condition:

[confidential]

Comment:

Haha, I'm such a tease :D.

This role will be repurposed as well.

Other stuff:

President

The extra abilities a President would gain:

At the beginning of the turn, you receive an additional Ability Point.

- Type: presidential

active (1): presidential motivation: at the beginning of the next turn, target player will receive an additional Ability Point. You may not target yourself.

- Type: motivational / presidential

active (0): anonymous vote: at any time during a dayphase, you can send me a private message with your vote. Your name won't show up in the votes count, however the number will reflect your vote. You may still vote the regular way.

- Type: mod PM

Other info:

You will be president for 2 turns. On your 2nd turn as president, it will be a new election day, and players can elect a new president for the next 2 turns. If a majority isn't reached on that day, you remain president for at least 1 more turn.

Apart from these priviliges, you are also required to send me the name of the player who you'd like to be your vice-President, who will succeed you upon your death.

Comment:

Now I read this back, I realise I made a mistake by not declaring the dayphase of the 6th turn an election day. Obviously, it would not have matter anyway. Also, on turn 1, I realised I have not taken into account a president may die :rolleyes:, so I didn't have anything specific planned for that event. But I didn't want the game to run without a president, so I implemented a vice-president, which should have been in the game in the first place.

Muffit III

The player who has the least posts in a dayphase, will be inflicted with the visited by Muffit status at the start of the following nightphase. If players are tied for least posts in a dayphase, a random number generator will decide who will be affected. Players who have been inflicted with the visited by Muffit status before will not be considered. That player will gain the following ability:

active (1): give Muffit a cookie: you give the dog a cookie.

- This will instantly clear the visited by Muffit status.

- This ability cannot be stopped by any status.

- [confidential]

- Type: Muffit

- Appearance if the ability is used: Muffit leaves content, wagging his tail.

- Appearance if the ability is not used: Muffit barks.

This status will clear at the end of the turn.

Comment:

Eventhough it did nothing, this served various functions. It added a bit of randomness to the game, and caused confusion (at least, that was the idea). It added silliness and to the write-ups. It could give people with passive roles potentially something to spend their AP's on. It could incriminate people who post little, motivating them to post more. But well, the poor dog got ignored each and every time, except for the time Zell had nothing better to do anyway. Giving him a cookie did absolutely nothing. Well originally it did something, but that's [confidential].

First to fall

The first victim of the mafia is inflicted with the coma status, making the player unable to use activated abilities or post normally in the gamethread. The player would gain the following ability:

active (0): final words: you may make exactly one last post, divulging anything you wish, including game-related information. Using this ability will clear your coma status, and kill you.

Comment:

Technically, the player was still alive, and available for targeting (potentially having the mafia waste another AP). The player could survive the game this way, but this mechanic was especially created for investigators so they were able to divulge their first, and last report. The player was also allowed to vote in his final post. But apart from that, he was no longer a threat to the mafia.

Executioner

To be honest, it did practically nothing in this game, but it may see more use in future games. It was mainly a formality in this game, but I expected the mafia to threaten with lynchbombs ;). Originally I also wanted to do more with items, where both the killers and the executioners would receive trophy items from their victims, but it would add more for me to keep track of, but more importantly, I couldn't think of what kind of symbolic items a typical Cylon would posses :rolleyes:, so I decided against it. All the Colonial military personel would've had dogtags.

So, I think I covered most of it :).

Edited by Sméagol

Wow! Epic post is epic!

My comments;

- Holiday season ruins mafia games :P

- I got lucky early on, considering I got ReZ lynched when he was being a tool -- lucky that people didn't turn on me. I suppose I was lucky to survive for as long as I did after that. Shame to be dead on the last night, but glad my targets were fucking people up! That was the annoying thing -- I got literally no info at all - no clue whether my action even worked or not, so it was a bit annoying. Perhaps giving me an alternate night power, or something that'd cost 2 AP that I could consider saving up for?

Because of my info-less role, I, perhaps subconsciously, chose to play a background role with the investigating, expecting people with info to be more forward. Sorry to hear diageo was being diageo again, smeagol - I was worried that I was being a diageo at the start of the game as it took me a few reads to get to grips with things.

I think you did a grand job, smeagol. What are you to do when the town won't play properly? Blame yourself isn't it. We sucked. Our fault. You put on a well thought-out game, I very much look forward to your next one :)

[..]

- I got lucky early on, considering I got ReZ lynched when he was being a tool -- lucky that people didn't turn on me.

Nah, in my opinion, he was being a bit tactless (no offense ReZ! ;)). Not once did I hear him utter the word "vigilante". Or if he did, far too late.

I suppose I was lucky to survive for as long as I did after that.

Actually, the only disadvantage of your ability, no feedback at all, helped you greatly. You were off the radar with the mafia, they also weren't able to track you, since your ability isn't targeted (The Peeps did try to track you). They only knew when you finally mentioned something about your ability.

Shame to be dead on the last night, but glad my targets were fucking people up!

I will provide the all the actions (with comments) later, but yeah, your targets were great. On turn [2] Dannyboy, their leader, got disrupted. On turn [3], you got Tales, which prevented him from being activated that turn. On turn [4], you got Cube. They were planning on finally using him to kill that day, so you would have prevented that. However, he was lynched, so it didn't matter anyway. On turn [5], you disrupted Zell. On turn [6], you tried to disrupt gmac, but this didn't do anything. If the game had continued after that, The Peeps would have been banned from their forum at this moment ;).

That was the annoying thing -- I got literally no info at all - no clue whether my action even worked or not, so it was a bit annoying. Perhaps giving me an alternate night power, or something that'd cost 2 AP that I could consider saving up for?

[..]

Well.. This:

[..]

Apologies -- In response to the above question to me; my role is a pretty passive one, yet if it appeared in the write up it would effectively tell me who is most likely a mafia and who definitely isn't, which would be too powerful, is I'm sure Smeagol's reasoning.

If I gave you any feedback at all, you'd be practically an investigator, and I had enough of them already. I didn't see another way. The things is, your ability was way to useful, even if you didn't get any feedback. I knew that may be annoying, but I didn't see another way. So I never considered giving you some other options. That would distract you from your main job.

Oh, for sure! I don't dispute that (or myself :P) - I'm actually really glad to see my targets were effective - had no clue they were that spot on :P It's a shame your other positions weren't filled as I think the extra man-power, and thus an extra phase or two, would've really benefitted the game.

Probably the most thought-through game and certainly one of the more ambitious ones! I look forward to your next ones!

And note that I see dannyboy's comment about the jayseven-curse :P Long write-ups are more effort but way more fun for the GM :P