N-Europe

Battlestar Galactica mafia

Sméagol

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH i'd rather end the day early than have the current situation -- ooh ooh new posts in the BSG mafia thread!!! Oh, it's just a page of nothing whatsoever.

We're discussing who is the best random person to vote for, very important business imo.

Half an hour until we are stuck waiting 24 hours for night phase... Damn.

So, where were we?

Oh Cube: yes i think you're right (your PM). It's a remnant that doesn't make sense anymore, so I think I'll drop the [end dayphase] command, and simply let a majority shorten the dayphase to 24 hours if applicable.

Edit:

Ah, feels so great to be able to edit stuff in a mafia game! :D

edit:

No, never mind Cube, I forgot why I needed it in the first place.. A no lynch may get a majority, but does that mean people are done voting for President too? So the day continues untill the regular 48 hour deadline. On non-election days you're right though, if a no lynch has majority within 24 hours, or when on election days both the President and the lynch have reached majority withing 24 hours, than I can safely end the day at a 42 hour limit.

I will do a voting count now, but I don't believe a majority has been reached for President, so the day continues.

Edited by Sméagol

No, see my last edit, it is there to make sure eventhough there is a majority for no lynch, people still need to be able to vote for a President if they want to. I'll update the rules slightly though, and hopefully make it more clear. In the meantime, maybe I should also introduce a vote: no President to make things easier on election days. If you people all remember to vote for both lynch and president at the same time, and vote no lynch / no President if you don't give a shit, then it will be easier to get a majority on both probably. Just remember to vote for 2 things.

Voting count:

There are 17 active players.

Absolute majority is 9.

President:

[Cube] [3]: Aqui1a / ReZourceman / Diageo

[Tales] [1]: Tales

Lynch:

[no lynch] [3]: jayseven / Ellmeister / Dannyboy-the-Dane

[Jonnas] [1]: Tales

[volunteer for executioner]: Ellmeister

[End dayphase] [11]: The Peeps / Jonnas / jayseven / ReZourceman / Cube / heroicjanitor / Zell / Paj Meen Ah / Tales / gmac / mr-paul

This no picture rule is killing me. So many choice images to post of sexy bytches taking names.

To accommodate you, the ban on images is lifted (I originally had a very good reason for the ban, but the reason is not in the current game anymore).

Edited by Sméagol
Automerged Doublepost

heroicjanitor; but the argument is stupid. There is no best random person to vote for when you don't know what the election even does. It's stupid.

Exactly. That was Herojan's entire point, but that particular post was just him joking, though.

I think...

Vote: No president

Vote: No lynch

Is this enlightning by the way?

schematic.jpg

I was joking yeah :p

I just realised I can't thank did I get an infraction point when I thanked Diageo?

Nah, I'm not used to it myself obviously ;). The thing is, I created not just a theme, but a sort of template with core mechanics and rules which I will also use for future games. Eventhough I'm not used to it myself, I always saw thanking as a way to subtly circumvent rules and post hints you're not supposed to (while dead, or when silenced etc). So just don't do 'm in those cases. Or hope I don't notice it myself like now ;). I'm not trained in modding ;).

I know my game is confusing Dyson ;).

Get out or you get a Warning Point! :D

Voting count:

Absolute majority is 9.

President:

[no President] [4]: heroicjanitor / The Peeps / Aqui1a / Jonnas

[Cube] [2]: ReZourceman / Diageo

Lynch:

[no lynch] [9]: jayseven / Ellmeister / Dannyboy-the-Dane / The Peeps / Jonnas / ReZourceman / Cube / heroicjanitor / Zell / Paj Meen Ah / Tales / gmac / mr-paul / Aqui1a

Majority for President vote has not been reached

Majority for lynch vote has been reached.

Going to bed after no sleep last night and mini movie marathon this evening.

Edited by Sméagol

Just posting to say I'm acive.

Vote: No president

May as well do that, no point voting for no lynch though.

Incidentally I'm not sure points should be awarded posthumously if a certain faction wins. For example there may only be 3 townies left who manage to fight off the mafia right at the end. They should obviously get points if they win, but should ALL of the town? Same with mafia - should lynched mafiosos get points? I don't think so. If you die, you cannot get points for winning in my opinion. Obviously if they have fulfilled a separate win condition they'll have points etc, but getting points after death is a little unfair. Again, this is just my opinion and it's your game so you can do whatever the hell you want :)

[..]

They should obviously get points if they win, but should ALL of the town? [..]

Well, I think you're not realising that players who fulfill their win condition and survive, get an half point extra over dead "winners". I'd like to think they contributed to winning too, that's all, this is how I like to show that. If you did realise this, and really object, and others do as well, I can reconsider that.

Voting count:

Absolute majority is 9.

President:

[no President] [6]: heroicjanitor / The Peeps / Aqui1a / Jonnas / Dannyboy-the-Dane / Nintendohnut

[Cube] [2]: ReZourceman / Diageo

Lynch:

[no lynch] [9]: jayseven / Ellmeister / Dannyboy-the-Dane / The Peeps / Jonnas / ReZourceman / Cube / heroicjanitor / Zell / Paj Meen Ah / Tales / gmac / mr-paul / Aqui1a

Majority for President vote has not been reached

Majority for lynch vote has been reached.

Just had a quick look, I'm back around midnight, and will post the dayphase write-up then.