NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

I still had the Krogan fleet - I just lost Wrex and Clan Urdnot. I'm fairly sure the Salarian fleet is bigger, too. I also got both the Quarian and Geth fleets.

But there does seem a bias towards Paragon.

One problem I did have a problem with renegade with was:

Renegade Shepard was very anti-Ardak Yashi. Even though you help one out in the second one and let her go.

Yeah I edited out the part about the Geth and Quarians. I guess you played a solid playthrough with each side in the previous games? I think I just had a quick run through on renegade on ME2 until I had all the achievements, that's why I lost team members (no loyalty). Tali was exiled, Legion was replaced with a Geth VI, I think that's why I didn't get the option to convince the Quarian fleet to hold back.

How did you keep the Krogan fleet though? Wrex says he was dropping Krogan support for Earth when he attacked me on the Citadel. Although, I guess he was talking future tense and he never got that far...

Pretty much what you said - the main Krogan fleet is still in the War Assets.

You're right in that I did everything possible in my renegade playthrough in ME2.

To be fair, a Renegade mentality doesn't really mesh with being on a diplomatic mission. At least in ME3 you aren't locked into the one path thanks to the neutral Reputation Points, so you're actually free play by ear rather than subscribing to a particular path from the get go.

This game is sub £23 in a few places as of today! Almost makes me wish I'd waited. Almost...

Completed my insanity playthrough before... still 1600 kills to go to get last achievement though, sigh!

Will use the method HoT posted a few pages back.

Just completed it. The series got the ending it deserved. It's an utter mess.

Completed my insanity playthrough before... still 1600 kills to go to get last achievement though, sigh!

Will use the method HoT posted a few pages back.

Not enjoying multiplayer then? I got the 5000 kills about 2/3 of the way through my insanity playthrough with no grinding. I found the multiplayer a lot of fun. Quarian Engineer with an M-6 Carnifex and Cryo Rounds is awesome.

Not enjoying multiplayer then? I got the 5000 kills about 2/3 of the way through my insanity playthrough with no grinding. I found the multiplayer a lot of fun. Quarian Engineer with an M-6 Carnifex and Cryo Rounds is awesome.

Naa, I enjoyed it at first but I found it quickly became boring for me. I just played it to get 100% for cheevo then I didn't bother. It's no GoW 3 Horde! :p

Just unlocked the veteran cheevo anyway! So that's all cheevo's unlocked. :)

I think about 2/3 of the way through, probably not too far off the final act anyway, not sure. Anyway, can I just say if you're not playing this thing with headphones you're missing a lot and I'm not usually an audiophile. The subtleties in the sound design are genuinely astonishing.

Just completed the game....All I can say is WTF LOOK AT THE TIME I AM POSTING THIS! I STAYED UP FOR THIS SHIT?! I am truly speechless.

Just completed the game....All I can say is WTF LOOK AT THE TIME I AM POSTING THIS! I STAYED UP FOR THIS SHIT?! I am truly speechless.

I know it's freaking awesome right?:bouncy:

Bioware should really fund a support group for those that are traumatised after finishing this game.

And man I feel so guilty that I convinced a friend of mine to play the series. He's still on me1 but one day he will have to stomachs this too. Couldn't even talk to him about it.

I'm still trying to push everyone I know into playing the series/the third game.

If I had to suffer through the ending, so do they. :blank:

Plus there are so many awesome things to experience before the ending.

So i just finished Act 1. Seems fun so far woooo. Still waiting for them to update the game so i can get my Separd back though.

When they patch it, I don't think you'll be able to retroactively reclaim your face if you decided to go ahead and redo it.

BioWare has announced the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut, a free download for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 that addresses the controversial ending of the game.

It provides "additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes" to the ending, and launches this summer.

The Extended Cut is designed to give players "seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes", BioWare said.

BioWare boss Ray Muzyka commented: "We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and team.

"Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team's artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe."

Executive producer Casey Hudson added: "We have reprioritized our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player."

So this is what we are getting...thoughts?

I'm not expecting much, to be honest. I'll probably play it out of curiosity, but there's not much they can do to salvage the ending for me at this point.

I'm not expecting much, to be honest. I'll probably play it out of curiosity, but there's not much they can do to salvage the ending for me at this point.

Yup. My sentiments exactly. I was even going to play the game with a second shephard but not after seeing that ending. Hopefully this will salvage my interest but I doubt it.

I'm in. The content's free and they can't make it any worse.

That isn't a challenge, Walters.

Sounds to me that they're just going to fiddle with the cinematics at the end so they aren't essentially the same

A quote I picked up from the bioware forums that made me Lol.

"i love that 90 percent of the people who love the ending believe it never happened. that's a pretty bad ending."

Finding the majority of the reaction to this announcement rather amusing. People bitching that Bioware didn't bend to their will and rewrite the ending despite the fact that this is free!!! DLC and they could have easily told everyone where to shove it (obviously they'd never do it, but I'd happily have done it as it's just a f**king game and some people really do need to get over themselves about it).

It's unlikely that it'll answer everything or even remotely come close to tying everything up in a pretty bow and so no doubt there'll be another palaver once it's released that it "hasn't changed anything herpederp". But realistically, as a collective, it was pretty idiotic to even posit the thought they'd go against what was printed on the discs and produce an entirely new ending.

Under no illusion that it'll just be a slightly longer ending cutscene and fine with that because I was ok with the ending as it was. Hopefully it'll just confirm the IT as its the best way to get out of the situation for BioWare and there's just too many coincidences for it to be literal.