NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

I was totally 'oh no you fucking don't' when they were dragging of Kelly Cambers. So I went after them straight away.

On my third playthrough (or fourth, I forget) when I did my master re-run of both games I was like "who the fucks gonna feed my fish!) so off I went straight into the Relay! :D

I think I accidentally killed my fish by pressing the button on the wall.

I think I accidentally killed my fish by pressing the button on the wall.

Yep same here!

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/02/03/bioware-you-might-want-to-keep-that-mass-effect-3-save/

Bioware: You Might Want to Keep That Mass Effect 3 Save

"It wouldn't be a bad idea (to keep your Mass Effect 3 saves)" said Associate Producer Mike Gamble. "Obviously I can't say anything, but it wouldn't be a bad idea…"

The quote comes from a conversation with GamerZines.

On the surface, this would seem to fly in the face of previous statements from Bioware, as they've gone on record saying Mass Effect 3 will be the end of Commander Shepard's story. But a lack of Shepard doesn't necessarily preclude more fun the Mass Effect universe… even if Shepard did, you know, save said Universe.

Mr. Gamble could be referring to upcoming downloadable content, or another Mass Effect game altogether.

One of the hallmarks of the Mass Effect series is the ability to carry over saves from one game to the next. Decisions you made in the original Mass Effect (RIP, Kaidan) had consequences in ME2, which will, in turn, impact your ME3 narrative.

"We want the outcomes to be satisfying to the player," Mr. Gamble continued. "That doesn't necessarily mean they're all going to be happy or positive, but they have to be satisfying. Players have to understand that the choices they've been making in this game and in previous have had an impact, and that they're an architect in what happens."

This player-based architecture will apparently continue on long after Mass Effect 3 concludes… which is pretty great news if you ask me.

As soon as the Reapers invaded the Normandy, i went straight to the Omega 4 relay. Only crew member i lost was one of them non-interactive members. I intend to save everyone this time before ME3.

As soon as the Reapers invaded the Normandy, i went straight to the Omega 4 relay. Only crew member i lost was one of them non-interactive members. I intend to save everyone this time before ME3.

How did the one crew member die? If it was in one of the tubes then you must have seen one of the colonists (from earlier in the game) getting killed.

How did the one crew member die? If it was in one of the tubes then you must have seen one of the colonists (from earlier in the game) getting killed.

I saw one person die before i rescued the Dr, not sure if it were crew or colonist.

I saw one person die before i rescued the Dr, not sure if it were crew or colonist.

To save your sanity, that person — who is a colonist, not part of your crew — can't be rescued. If you put off hitting the Relay then Kelly will take their place, but in either case someone's going to get turned into a Reaper power shake.

Aye, there are some great achievments i can't wait to get stuck into there. And you are right, nice to see the multiplayer achievements are not exclusive to multiplayer.

@Aimless. I see, i'm about 1/2 way into my ME2 2nd playthrough.

Was surprised that when i met Ashley again, she wasn't as vicious as Kaiden was when i met him again. She didn't lash out on Garrus, but she did lash out at me. Oh well, my plan is to stay exclusive to her this time so i can get what many believe to be the right ending in 3. And just completed the Overlord DLC as well, giving David to a non-Cerburus facility. I also gave Jack full access to Cerburus files as well, it's annoying the Illusive man and Cerburus a lot. But hey, i'm anti-Cerburus this time around.

Edited by Jimbob

Phew, lucky i still got an order with GAME at the moment. Here is hoping they don't *&%$£ it up this time.

It's not exactly a great time to be putting trust in GAME.

The CE seems like a bit of a rip-off to me. If it was £50 then okay, fair enough, but £70? The contents doesn't really justify the price hike.

Thanks for the warning, as I’ve yet to pre-order this. Usually collector’s editions are generally available in store on launch here, but I think I’ll remove some risk and pre-order at a Dutch online shop.

Meh I'd rather pay the regular price and get the t-shirt from shopto than pay for all the CE stuff.

It's not exactly a great time to be putting trust in GAME.

The CE seems like a bit of a rip-off to me. If it was £50 then okay, fair enough, but £70? The contents doesn't really justify the price hike.

True, i also have a pre-order on Shopto (standard edition)

Won't most of the CE game content (the only worthwhile stuff imo) be available as DLC at a later date anyways? Seemed to be the case with ME2

Won't most of the CE game content (the only worthwhile stuff imo) be available as DLC at a later date anyways? Seemed to be the case with ME2

Probably, if not all of it.

The squadmate and mission will likely be available later, but I think the robodog and hoodie will remain exclusive.

I'm getting it because I don't see myself not getting it. It's like a special occasion.

I just ordered it from Bol.com with some hassle. I want the CE mainly for a physical artbook and soundtrack, and I guess the cosmetical in-game extras are nice. I’ll get a load of Bioware points as well though, so I’m ready for any DLC. Should have some left I think. Also, the PC version was a lot cheaper than the other versions obviously, costed € 70,-.

I'm interested in the soundtrack and artbook as the extras, the extra mission and squad mate are bonus items.

As much as I love ME, I've only ever bought the standard editions. I'm hoping they re-release them all as a bells-and-whistles trilogy one day :)

As much as I love ME, I've only ever bought the standard editions. I'm hoping they re-release them all as a bells-and-whistles trilogy one day :)

I always thought that the trilogy in a lovely box would be the perfect way to release the games on Wii U.

I'm getting it because I don't see myself not getting it. It's like a special occasion.

Pretty much my reasoning as well!