NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

What Cube said. His reason makes me think this situation is a bit different.

You can't scare me! :p

The other issues they have had are games that are being sold elsewhere and since I have asked them direct and they told me they will, they would be lying little cunts if they don't get them now (and as such, basically I will blow their HQ up). And even @Dyson told me on facebook (who works for GAME) they still have a good relationship with EA just not Nintendo and others...

If GAME cancelled the CE's, you'd have to fight me to get the chance to blow up the HQ. Got a tank on reserve, as well as a sound system to play "Imperial March" as i drive upto the gates.

I suppose the problem with GAME is that they bought out their High street competition, as there isn't choice on the street people are going online to Amazon and Shopto to get games.

Still, i'm guaranteed a copy of ME3 on release, be it the CE from GAME or standard edition from Shopto (hoping it is the CE)

Still, i'm guaranteed a copy of ME3 on release, be it the CE from GAME or standard edition from Shopto (hoping it is the CE)

What if you get sent both? :p

What if you get sent both? :p

I won't, the Shopto order is a continginsy in the case GAME mess up. If GAME send out and accept payment, the Shopto will be cancelled.

Or sold on ebay if i'm late.

Que? You can't cancel your order during processing, with either company. Also ShopTo will most likely ship first. And it's spelt 'contingency'.

You could, however, just return it still sealed after it arrives at a cost of < £1 postage, makes more sense than eBaying.

Edited by Shorty

Aye, you have 7 days to return anything unused bought from an internet shop. No reason needed.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I've heard that any extra items you have in Mass Effect 2 (bonus weapons, items) carry on to Mass Effect 3. Stuff like the ARC weapon, Flamethrower, the awesome SMG from Kasumi's DLC, etc.

Also fans are using the word "boycott" again because the Collector's Edition content is too awesome and will be available to everyone else from day 1 for a price.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I've heard that any extra items you have in Mass Effect 2 (bonus weapons, items) carry on to Mass Effect 3. Stuff like the ARC weapon, Flamethrower, the awesome SMG from Kasumi's DLC, etc.

I hope this is true, there were some really great DLC weapons. Noway my Commander Shepard would throw them away!

Que? You can't cancel your order during processing, with either company. Also ShopTo will most likely ship first. And it's spelt 'contingency'.

You could, however, just return it still sealed after it arrives at a cost of < £1 postage, makes more sense than eBaying.

GAME have, in the past, taken payments out on the weekend ready for shipping on Tuesday/Wednesday. The Shopto order is in place for when GAME decide my payment isn't good (funny thing, they let Skyward Sword CE and GOW Epic edition through last year)

I finished my perfect playthrough of the first two games last night.

MY BODY IS READY.

So Shopto raised a ticket against my order so I thought the worst but pretty happy with the result:

Dear Valued Customer,

Just over 1 week is left before the launch of the highly anticipated third instalment of Mass Effect. We hope you're as excited as we are and as you were one of the select few to place your pre-order early, we're thrilled to confirm you'll be receiving your very own Mass Effect 3 t-shirt.

We are no longer accepting pre orders on the website with the t-shirt as we have now completely run out of stock, which makes you one of only 3500 customer on ShopTo who can wear this t-shirt with pride! Be sure to upload a picture of yourself wearing your t-shirt to our Facebook page!

Once again, congratulations and thanks for choosing to shop with ShopTo.net.

Don't forget, you can keep up to date with all the latest news, previews, reviews and more at ShopToNews, follow us on Twitter @ShopToNet or like us on Facebook.

Kind Regards,

The ShopTo Team

Any other retailers doing it? If not pretty happy with being part of limited number, t-shirt will get much more use than the other crap in CE.

Yeah, got one of them tickets myself. Doubt i'll wear the t-shirt a lot, but nice of them to let us know.

Yeah, got one of them tickets myself. Doubt i'll wear the t-shirt a lot, but nice of them to let us know.

Yah they haven't with any of the ones I've got off them in the past.

Re-Order The Collector's Edition - GAME Aren't selling it

- Zavvi

- Shopto

- Play.com

- Amazon.co.uk

Edited by Cube

With GAMEs apparent impending doom I tweeted them today to ask if they were stocking the CE for us... They tweeted me back to confirm they will be.

Also Dyson is pretty certain they will be as well.

Even if they went bust tonight they would go into weeks of administration first - short of every store & warehouse inexplicably combusting in the same instance all pre-orders can be considered safe.

My worry was that they wouldn't be given the stock in the first place as what has been happening with GAME with different publishers.

But as I said above GAME seem confident they will get the stock.

Well, considering GAME are the only ones selling it, it would be a disaster for EA if they didn't sell the stock. And as they've mostly sold out (only a few PS3 copies left), it's a pretty safe deal for both companies.

I know you say that but a lot of their recent stocking issues seem to have come very last minute...I mean look at Tekken 3D Prime it was literally announced last week that they weren't stocking it. The this week they came out and said Ubisoft Vita titles aren't getting stocked.

Don't mean to worry just playing Devil's advocate so to speak.

Sorry guys but looks like my scepticism may have been better founded than I or you expected:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-29-game-not-stocking-mass-effect-3-or-ea-games-past-ssx

GAME Group will not be stocking any EA games past SSX in March, including Mass Effect 3, Eurogamer has discovered. This encompasses all GAME and Gamestation stores.

Various GAME and Gamestation staff alerted Eurogamer to this situation after a company-wide memo was sent out at around 10.30am this morning.

Eurogamer has corroborated this information with individual GAME Group stores. The last stocked EA game will be SSX, we were told.

If you have a pre-order, GAME will refund you via in-store credit, rather than with cash.

EA responded to Eurogamer's request for comment by directing us to a Mass Effect 3 Launch Update website. GAME's absence from the list of retailers speaks volumes.

This worrying text followed: "For customers who have pre-ordered the N7 Collector's Edition please re-order your copies through these retailers."

These are Amazon, Play, Zavvi and ShopTo.

"For further information regarding the Mass Effect 3 Standard Edition with the N7 Warfare Gear in-game weapons pack, please check this page later today," the blurb continued.

"If you have placed a deposit for a pre-order or are uncertain that your existing pre-order will be guaranteed, please contact your local retailer."

"Your local retailer is doing everything possible to make this process as smooth as possible to ensure you get your copy on launch day."

HMV told Eurogamer it couldn't comment on a competitor's situation, but confirmed it would be stocking Mass Effect 3 and the rest of EA's titles.

GAME Group hasn't responded to Eurogamer's request for comment.

Where the hell does this leave GAME if one of the biggest publishers in the world is no longer supplying you with games?

Now on shopto:

- Zavvi

- Shopto

- Play.com

- Amazon.co.uk

I ordered from Shopto, and paid right now to make sure.

Edit: It sounds even worse when most copies were already sold.

@Mike1988uk, join me as i go to destroy GAME.

Edit: Re-orderd via Shopto and paid up front, keeping the standard pre-order for my mate now.

Goodbye GAME, i'll be round with my tank shortly.

Edited by Jimbob

Phew thanks for the heads up! I pre ordered from Shopto now and paid for it. Hopefully that means my order is actually secured this time.

Any other retailers doing it? If not pretty happy with being part of limited number, t-shirt will get much more use than the other crap in CE.

HMV are giving away the t-shirt aswell. I seen a promo for it the other day while I was walking around the store.

Sorry guys but looks like my scepticism may have been better founded than I or you expected:

Touche!

Where the hell does this leave GAME if one of the biggest publishers in the world is no longer supplying you with games?

Fucked!

@Mike1988uk, join me as i go to destroy GAME.

Right, just looked where they are on google maps, I shall drive down to Caldicot tonight, we shall get in your tank, stock up on 'supplies' and sort them fuckers out! :heh:

GAME Mass Effect 3 cash refund confusion

GAME shop staff have told Eurogamer the chain will offer customers a cash refund for cancelled Mass Effect 3 pre-orders, but today only.

After today the chain will only be able to offer a refund in the form of store credit, Eurogamer was told. This will be given via gift card.

The same policy applies to sister retailer Gamestation.

Confusingly, GAME's head office told us otherwise. They claim that customers will be able to gain a refund in the manner in which they paid today and afterwards. So, if you handed a fiver over in a cash, they should give you a fiver from the till.

Pre-order terms and conditions spotted in GAME stores today claim pre-orders are usually "non-refundable".

GAME's official statement on the matter is no clearer either. It says customers will be given a "full refund", but fails to mention the manner of payment.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-29-game-offering-mass-effect-3-cash-refund-today-only

Just got an email from GAME confirming my order cancellation, and a free £5 gift voucher for use on their website.

Just got an email from GAME confirming my order cancellation, and a free £5 gift voucher for use on their website.

The voucher may well be good for purchasing their entire website very soon.

Right, just looked where they are on google maps, I shall drive down to Caldicot tonight, we shall get in your tank, stock up on 'supplies' and sort them fuckers out! :heh:

We leave at 7pm, bring cake.

R.I.P GAME. Just switched to Shopto. Cheaper too...

Yeah, that is the positive out of this, cheaper and better delivery! (I have also re-ordered with ShopTo)

That would be harsh. Everyone at any time should be able to get there £5 back via cash/debit card/whatever. It isn't the customers fault that they can't stock the game so why should they have it as in-store credit?

So I would like tot think that indeed they will all get a refund in however the customer wants it.

EDIT: There facebook page confirms everyone who paid deposit in-store will get it back in the way they paid it.

* PLEASE NOTE: If you put down a deposit, you will be reimbursed your deposit money in the same way in which you paid. i.e. cash, credit card etc.

Same here, most of their products are £5 more expensive than anywhere else anyway so I am not sure what I can use it on... (and they aren't even stocking a lot of releases the way things are going anyway!!)

Edited by Mike1988uk

Same here, most of their products are £5 more expensive than anywhere else anyway so I am not sure what I can use it on... (and they aren't even stocking a lot of releases the way things are going anyway!!)

You can get a £10 PSN voucher for £5. Or a £5 PSN voucher for £1.59 (when bought with some random GT content).

As what I want from the PSN added up to £10.28, I would have needed to top up by an extra £5 anyway, so I went for the £1.59 one.

Same probably goes from buying some Microsoft Points.

You can get a £10 PSN voucher for £5. Or a £5 PSN voucher for £1.59 (when bought with some random GT content).

As what I want from the PSN added up to £10.28, I would have needed to top up by an extra £5 anyway, so I went for the £1.59 one.

Same probably goes from buying some Microsoft Points.

Oooooh there is an idea!

If I get a PSN points card and upload it onto my PSN account on PS3 and leave them in there, when I get a vita a bit down the line does the Vita use the same PSN account so I could use the points on that rather than on PS3?