NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

Quick question, can you purchase more fish for your tank. Mine died after the Horizon mission.

Only if you want them to live; alternatively get Kelly to do it for you.

Seriously, how have i not known this before!!!.

Anyway, back on topic

1 month, 2 days and counting. Unless the inevitable Reaper invasion gets to us first.

Still need to finsih my 'Shepard is a Jerk' playthru, but then I have all the time in the world as I don't plan on getting the game on release. Unless I come into this thread and see everyone is loving it

Still need to finsih my 'Shepard is a Jerk' playthru, but then I have all the time in the world as I don't plan on getting the game on release. Unless I come into this thread and see everyone is loving it

Isn't that inevitable

Don't think this has been posted but here it goes:

Mass Effect 3 will be supported by two iOS apps, BioWare has revealed. Mass Effect Infiltrator is a third-person shooter, while Mass Effect Datapad allows players to stay in touch with their crewmates on-the-go.

Both games will boost players' Galactic Readiness rating through Mass Effect 3's Galaxy at War metagame.

Infiltator sees players freeing prisoners from hostile Cerberus bases and uncovering evidence of the group's misdeeds. It's coming to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices.

You get to use weapons and Biotic powers from the main series, and each successful mission rewards players with Galactic Readiness score.

Datapad looks like it'll be for iPads only, meanwhile. Datapad allows you to keep track of Mass Effect's galaxy map and, in a mini-game, strategically deploy troops to fend off Reaper incursions.

You can also recieve text messages from game characters, Kotaku reports. Can you flirt with your romance option? The mind boggles.

Want to get the best ending in Mass Effect 3? You'll need a tip-top Galactic Readiness rating before the final push against the baddie Reapers.

The full Mass Effect 3 launches 9th March in Europe.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-08-mass-effect-infiltrator-datapad-ios-games-incoming

I for one am looking forward to it. It's not meant to be bad like the Mass Effect Galaxy was and is meant to closer resemble the Mass Effect console experience. I'm all for this Galactic Readiness I feel it adds another layer to the game but I can see the arguement that it takes away from the core singleplayer RPG experience.

Like many other BioWare fans, I'm highly disappointed that they decided to omit the large majority of smartphone owners from being able to get these.

Like many other BioWare fans, I'm highly disappointed that they decided to omit the large majority of smartphone owners from being able to get these.

I guess so yeah...whats the harm in releasing to android and even as a psp mini or something so it runs on vita and psp or even as a facebook game? (although isn't there a seperate game for that?)

Wish it were available on android.

I guess so yeah...whats the harm in releasing to android and even as a psp mini or something so it runs on vita and psp or even as a facebook game? (although isn't there a seperate game for that?)

No harm.

But developing apps like this is a pain in the arse on android, due to the sheer number of devices, versions and screen sizes android comes in.

Android only encompasses the majority of smartphone users because there are way too many Android phones. The iPhone outsells any other individual phone, therefore if you're going to release an app and want a fairly quick turn around that doesn't have to consider several different processors and dozens of different resolutions, you go iPhone.

Fair enough with the 3rd person shooter (I don't want to play a game like that with touch controls anyway), but the Datapad app should be easy enough to port.

No harm.

But developing apps like this is a pain in the arse on android, due to the sheer number of devices, versions and screen sizes android comes in.

Android only encompasses the majority of smartphone users because there are way too many Android phones. The iPhone outsells any other individual phone, therefore if you're going to release an app and want a fairly quick turn around that doesn't have to consider several different processors and dozens of different resolutions, you go iPhone.

Yah your right about the specs etc... I guess in their minds it's not about reaching the most people possible but just offering another way to interact for people who can.

That is immense...

...ly lame.

Why make it look like a chestplate? :/ Just a design fitting with the Normandy or N7 style would do nicely.

Remember that fem-Shep trailer Bioware promised many moons ago? Well...

*hnnnng*

Hmmmmmmmm.

I'm not so sure they've done such a great job transferring the art that won the vote (see my sig) to the ingame engine. Her face has cartoony proportions.