Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

All this talk about pregnancy scares and defecating in front of people is exactly the reason why I'm not having sex.

Yes. That's the reason. :blank:

Just worked out how much tax I have to pay...

Man, if you consider that a bad thing, just think of how bad you'll feel after you've actually paid your taxes!

All this talk about pregnancy scares and defecating in front of people is exactly the reason why I'm not having sex.

Yes. That's the reason. :blank:

Man, if you consider that a bad thing, just think of how bad you'll feel after you've actually paid your taxes!

You have NO idea. I'm leaving it til last minute so I can get as much interest off of this as I can

Yeah but it means that I don't get a significant chunk of what I rightfully earned.

I'm not happy about higher bands existing. Why should people be penalised for being successful? There should be one tax band, lets say 25% of everything over £7,000 and be done with it. They'd still get more money from the more well-off people.

Yeah but it means that I don't get a significant chunk of what I rightfully earned.

I'm not happy about higher bands existing. Why should people be penalised for being successful? There should be one tax band, lets say 25% of everything over £7,000 and be done with it. They'd still get more money from the more well-off people.

Because that would cripple people who don't earn that much and those who earn plenty would be flying high. You've got to think of everyone. If you aren't happy with the tax system in our country you're more than welcome to move to another.

If you are paying a large tax bill whilst self-employed then you should be expecting it and be planning for it ahead of time.

I see we disagree on economic politics.

I've had a good year...I'm just not used to it so please let me vent :p

I totally agree that it sucks, but its a neccesary evil. I crai every month when I see over £300 going out... it is the worst for the people that are JUST into the supertax bracket... my dad has paid £1000 tax in a month on many occasions, and he's not hugely rich

I just wish the system was fairer. I know that these high tax bands are necessary but they're evil :p

You must have made a LOT of money to be complaining about having such an unfair tax amount.

Invest in property instead, it's a lower rate of tax if you're that bothered :heh:

I just wish the system was fairer. I know that these high tax bands are necessary but they're evil :p

While I know the pain of seeing a great deal of the money I've earned disappear (I live in Denmark, for fuck's sake, we have some of the highest taxes in the world! :p), I've never felt that it's unfair because I know it all goes to the common good.

Of course, I don't know the specific rules where you are, so I can't say if I find them to be optimally fair, but such things will always be a matter of personal opinion.

I totally agree that it sucks, but its a neccesary evil. I crai every month when I see over £300 going out... it is the worst for the people that are JUST into the supertax bracket... my dad has paid £1000 tax in a month on many occasions, and he's not hugely rich

Erm... no it's not.

If you are paying a large tax bill whilst self-employed then you should be expecting it and be planning for it ahead of time.

Also self-employed people pay less tax than employed people anyway.

Stop complaining Serebii you miserable git. You're essentially moaning about being well off. There are plenty of people who would love to pay as much tax as you do.

Edited by MoogleViper
Automerged Doublepost

Erm... no it's not.

Also self-employed people pay less tax than employed people anyway.

Stop complaining Serebii you miserable git. You're essentially moaning about being well off. There are plenty of people who would love to pay as much tax as you do.

Was waiting for that post :p

I promised myself I'd shut up when it came to that

It is, thinking that if you meet the min requirement to pay supertax, you could drop a few hours work and actually earn less, you end up making more money after tax.. so by JUST falling into the bracket you are the worst done.

A common misconception. You only pay 40% on the income in that bracket. So if you earn 40k you only pay 40% on 5k.