Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

All I want for Christmas is...

Beast

I'd really like a less awkward family get together than last year for Christmas. It's so fun sitting around with the family and relatives and no-one talking to each other :nono:

But that's unlikely to happen given the personalities which constitute my family, so I'll settle for something a little more materialistic to fill that void :santa::

- Guaranteed To Disagree EP by We Are The In Crowd

- Swoon & Carnavas by Silversun Pickups (have been looking for ages and never found copies of these so I'll leave it to the parents to sort out)

- All Shapes & Disguises by Tonight Alive

- Crystal Castles II by Crystal Castles

- Truth or Dare by Automatic Loveletter

And maybe a game to add some substance to the proceedings (A Shadow's Tale on Wii or something). May ask for a bit of money for clothes as well. Maybe. That's if I don't add any more CDs I want to the list.

Actually, no joke, I want all my essays done by the end of term. I have two weeks and one essay out of three left to do. 5000 words, but it's only one. If I can do that then Xmas is made and I'll be very happy/stress free.

Also, a pair of these.

Marshall-Major-Headphones.jpg

But they're about £80 so completely out of present price range so I'll probably buy them myself, if I do decide to pick them up. Or I might not. I really want some closed back headphones. Although, they are awesome looking headphones which means in a couple months everyone will have them. Yeah, I'll probably not get them.

...not sure why I posted that now. :heh:

Realistically, I think I want Star Trek (the latest film) on BluRay. That would be good to watch on Xmas day. Not bothered enough to tell anyone so probably won't get it. Don't want anything in particular.

I'd just like some thought put into the present. I always feel guilty because my sisters make out like it's difficult to buy things for me.

Edited by Daft

For Christmas I want Donkey Kong Country (DKCR) Returns,Chrono Trigger DS, PS3 Navigation Controller (PS3NC), Pocket HD camcorder, Music CD Album and a Full HD 1080P monitor.

Of course I won't get all that, so I just want DKCR and PS3NC.

Are iPads anygood or are those Touch tablets that can run Windows 7, better?

Agreed, although with a double tragus piercing this can be difficult. :laughing:

The same goes for my industrial piercing. The impracticalities of being a fashionista eh?

i think the trick is getting them healed before you push and poke things around them. Should be fine if you give them time to heal.

My industrial one took about 3 years to heal properly. Now it's fine though and I barely notice it's there. I can actually sleep on it now, which is nice. The only time I remember I have it is when I'm taking my earphones out. I have ones like these and the bar gets caught in the loop of the headphones. Bad times.

My Christmas presents:

Line 6 POD GX to record music with:

r_00067530.jpg

Bass bag to pose with on public transport ("Yeah I like to play music and generally not conform to cretin enforced stereotypes. I'm such a free spirit" *Flicks hair*):

31lQfqKBrJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think I'm paying for half of the bag. Although at the moment I'm paying for all of both until my parents stump up the money.

Edited by Goafer

i think the trick is getting them healed before you push and poke things around them. Should be fine if you give them time to heal.

That's one of the main reasons I haven't got a helix piercing by now -- I'm scared it would make listening to music with my big headphones annoying/awkward.

Exactly, my double tragus is over 3 and 4 years old now and are perfectly happy to be bumped about (I was mostly referring to inner ear ones falling out and outer ones look ridiculous on me regardless unless I'm wearing a hat.).

:love:

Exactly, my double tragus is over 3 and 4 years old now and are perfectly happy to be bumped about (I was mostly referring to inner ear ones falling out and outer ones look ridiculous on me regardless unless I'm wearing a hat.).

:love:

they've healed then? thats ace!:grin:

There are so many piercings I want but its just such a hassle with healing thanks to my temperamental immune system.:angry: I'm settling for stretchies now! ^^;

They healed about 6-8months ago maybe longer, the first one healed 6 months after I got it done in high school, the second took about 2 or so years! Ridiculous.

i had my scaffold / industrial (whatever you youngsters are calling it) pierced back in December 2008, and it's still not healed properly,

I can't have a ball on the bottom part as I've got a small lump on the back of my ear caused from the piercing, when ever i put the ball on it rubs and aggravates the lump, and causes it to turn into a huge puss bomb.

but i refuse to take the bar / piercing out as I like my piercings and want to keep them in as long as possible.

ON TOPIC -

My list consisted of Metroid Other M, Medal of honor, Need for Speed, Donkey Kong country returns and Socks.

I'm pretty much guaranteed the socks for christmas!

My list consisted of Metroid Other M, Medal of honor, Need for Speed, Donkey Kong country returns and Socks.

I'm pretty much guaranteed the socks for christmas!

I'd say you have a much better chance of getting all that than I have of getting what I want..

I'll be lucky if I even get some socks :eek:

I'd say you have a much better chance of getting all that than I have of getting what I want..

I'll be lucky if I even get some socks :eek:

If I do get socks, I can already tell you that they'll be the... Monday through Friday socks,

without fail the past 4 years i've got had these in some form from my mum.

Last years set came with smiley faces and colours to match the day of the week.

Monday = Red = Angry

Tuesday = Yellow = Sad

Wednesday = Dont remember the color = Average

Thursday = Blue??? = Happy

Friday = Green = SEX FACE HAPPY:bouncy: