N-Europe

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD

Choze

Out next week.

Relive the critically-acclaimed and fan-favourite Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy, remixed in high definition graphics and 3D stereoscopy.

Follow the journey of a young Prince struggling to undo the mistakes of his past, and undo the curse of the Sands of Time. In an adventure spanning continents, guide the Prince from the palaces of Azad, through the Island of Time and into the fabled kingdom of Babylon and wield mystical artifacts to control the Prince's ultimate weapon: time itself.

Prince of Persia Trilogy 3D contains Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Relive the epic adventure in high definition

Fully remastered in 720p HD with new textures, normal maps and anti-aliasing, the Sands of Time trilogy has never looked as vibrant and crisp.

Action-Adventure in the third dimension:

Experience the Prince’s adventures in full 3D stereoscopy (3D television required)

Three full-length games:

Play a combined total of over 30 hours of gameplay on one blu-ray disc.

Groundbreaking gameplay & technology:

Considered one of the most influential and innovative game series of the decade, it is the perfect time to discover one of Ubisoft Montreal's most celebrated achievements.

Edited by Choze

Bit miffed it is PS3 exclusive, only looks cleaner really. If it came to the 360, then i'd probably invest in purchasing it. As Warrior Within is my favourite of the 3 titles.

I think its ps3 exclusive because they are more into their HD re-released. Microsoft recently came out and said they didn't see such releases as the way forward and most viable products out there. Wouldn't be surprised if sony are paying towards the marketing and such like costs as they try to promote how you can play old games looking great on ps3. This should encourage more companies to take this relatively low cost product to market to a host of new gamers we now see buying games consoles.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I was going to say it's odd because Microsoft seem to love having HD re-releases on the 360...

Such as?

Only games I can think of right now are Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay (which is an extra that comes with the sequel anyway) and the first Call of Duty (downloadable), but those aren't merely HD re-releases, they are full blown remakes with modern graphics. These PoP games aren't remakes, the graphics look exactly the same (last gen) except with a cleaner HD look, like Nintendohnut already pointed out.

Hopefully they fix all the bugs that rendered it impossible for me to actually complete the last two games of the trilogy. Been thinking of going back to play Sands of Time actually, see whether its falsely enshrined in my memory or whether it actually still is the best adventure/platform game I've ever played.

Edited by The Bard

Been thinking of going back to play Sands of Time actually, see whether its falsely enshrined in my memory or whether it actually still is the best adventure/platform game I've ever played.

It still is brilliant platforming. I replayed it early this year and loved it as much as the first time.

of last gen games? Anyway the way I meant it was in the form of these collections that sony has been putting out GoW, Sly and ICO/SoC with rumours of others being looked into.

I was meaning older games in general. There's a good reason for not re-releasing most main games from the original Xbox.

As Warrior Within is my favourite of the 3 titles.

Well I guess that finally answers the question of who the hell Ubisoft made that game for.

Not that it was a bad game mechanically, but the tonal shift was beyond awful. Warrior Within is the greasy-haired poster boy of sequel missteps.

Well I guess that finally answers the question of who the hell Ubisoft made that game for.

Not that it was a bad game mechanically, but the tonal shift was beyond awful. Warrior Within is the greasy-haired poster boy of sequel missteps.

Cheek.

The combat is excellent, which is better than the SoT combat and a lot better than the Two Thrones Combat.

Two Thrones had the stealth element added to it, which was a good idea. But why make it so you only had the Dagger as the main weapon, why not go back to Sands of Time and give you a sword as well. Warrior Within allowed more seamless combat, depending on what the main sword was it allowed more vicious attacks in my opinion.

I wasn't much of a fan of the "Death" chasing you at an opportunity which was probably inconveniant at the time, and the last fight at the end wasn't the best (if you got all the upgrades to the heath and picked up the Water Sword earlier for your efforts).

But i guess Warrior isn't for everyone.

And, in the case anyone was wondering about the game-breaking Sands of Time glitch (where you saved in the Observatory, turned off for a snack then couldn't make anything move or work). There are videos out there that can undo this. Here is one, and this is how i did it as well.

I didn't make the video, so don't use speakers as there are no vocal guide points. Here is the instructions

• Climb on to the ledge next to the crack where farah goes in
  • Run across the wall using r1 to reach the otherside
  • Go inside the room where farah is in ( she may appear to be floating in mid air)
  • Pull the lever ( farah should fall and run towards the exit)
  • climb the ropes to the top
  • VERY IMPORTANT (YOU WILL SEE THIS IN THE VIDEO TOO) when you reach the top you must jump off to the side and kill yourself then use the dagger to rewind time to right before you jumped off.
  • Pull the lever at the top
  • Go down the ropes
  • Go out the exit where farah is waiting

I was about to post my thoughts on PoP being a very average series, but then I only played parts of 1, and the whole of The Two Thrones.

When I look back on 'Thrones', I have positive memories. There was something mystical about it all, and surprisingly the QTE death sequences were quite good. Annoying bosses mind.

Tbh the Trilogy should've been the end of the franchise as far as I'm concerned.

I was about to post my thoughts on PoP being a very average series, but then I only played parts of 1, and the whole of The Two Thrones.

When I look back on 'Thrones', I have positive memories. There was something mystical about it all, and surprisingly the QTE death sequences were quite good. Annoying bosses mind.

Tbh the Trilogy should've been the end of the franchise as far as I'm concerned.

well yes and no. They should have stuck by the reboot and not brought out Forgotten Sands out that was more similar to the trilogy but worse.

well yes and no. They should have stuck by the reboot and not brought out Forgotten Sands out that was more similar to the trilogy but worse.

The Forgotten Sands was miles better than the reboot. Even if the plot was shoehorned in.

The Forgotten Sands was miles better than the reboot. Even if the plot was shoehorned in.

Really? I didn't play Forgotten Sands, but I really liked the aesthetic of the reboot, it was fun even though it was far too easy, which removed any sense of exhilaration you got from completing a difficult platforming section. The best parts in last gen's trilogy was when you we're sustaining a continuous velocity and sense of momentum throughout the various obstacle courses, which were so well paced that there was rarely any frustration (at least where Sands of Time was concerned) but an overwhelming sense of accomplishment. I heard that Forgotten Sands was a poor shadow of the original Sands of Time trilogy, whereas, to me, the reboot didn't feel like so much of a bastardisation since it was so markedly different.

The Forgotten Sands is alright, but it basically feels like a cover version of Sands of Time; it lacks character.

Personally I want to see them go forward with the reboot. Aesthetically it was a triumph, and whilst the mechanics were a bit too simple for their own good it had a lot of interesting ideas. It's one of those games like the original Uncharted where you know a sequel could really do the concepts justice, in particular the notion of more involved one-on-one fights rather than battling hordes of enemies.

• 1 month later...

Just ordered this from GAME. With the reward points it came to less than £10.

I never played any of this Trilogy, so quite looking forward to this. And I love these HD collections, going to get the Sly Cooper one when I've finished with this, then obviously the ICO/SotC collection when that is released.

Edit: Also Splinter Cell.