Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Back to the Future is 25 years old!!!

flameboy

Ok so it got re-released in the cinema, theres a game coming out! However I started this thread to show off the new box set it is totally super awesome. Here is my vid unboxing it:

theres also a version that comes with a model delorean but I already own one so decided to save the extra £20!

and the trailer:

The films are mine and my girlfriends (well she dislikes the 3rd one) favourite movies always quoting them in subtle little ways they are so amazing! Anyway what are people's favourite BTTF moments/scenes?

I would thank this twice if I could, quite possibly the best special edition I've seen. I swore I would stop buying them but I think you've just convinced me to break my rule. Also your "No hoverboards on water..." impression was fantastic.

So many great scenes, it's probably my favourite set of films ever. A few off the top of my head:

Doc drinking some whisky

1955 skateboard chase

Cafe 80's

The Jitz monitoring the interfacing of the scan

Jumping off the roof of pleasure paradise

Actually I give up, I'll just list pretty much the whole of all three films if I don't. Great films, great boxset, thanks for spending my money for me damnit.

I would thank this twice if I could' date=' quite possibly the best special edition I've seen. I swore I would stop buying them but I think you've just convinced me to break my rule. Also your [b']"No hoverboards on water..." [/b]impression was fantastic.

So many great scenes, it's probably my favourite set of films ever. A few off the top of my head:

Doc drinking some whisky

1955 skateboard chase

Cafe 80's

The Jitz monitoring the interfacing of the scan

Jumping off the roof of pleasure paradise

Actually I give up, I'll just list pretty much the whole of all three films if I don't. Great films, great boxset, thanks for spending my money for me damnit.

Cheers your not the first person to say that lol!

Anyway yeah I can't recommend the set enough. After looking at all the freebies I've finally got round to watching the films and the blu-ray u-control features are awesome....some great trivia bits, set ups (where the film sets up for future events etc...) obviously you can only have so many picture in a picture and text things running at once so makes rewatching them even better.

Seriously you won't regret buying this set. This is my third set I own VHS, original DVD set and now this.

I never buy collector's editions of anything but that I seriously want. Looks fantastic. Will have to look in to tracking down a copy, and hopefully it's not ridiculously expensive as I really do want it. Not just for the extras but also because its been years since I last saw the films and I've been wanting to watch them for ages.

I never buy collector's editions of anything but that I seriously want. Looks fantastic. Will have to look in to tracking down a copy, and hopefully it's not ridiculously expensive as I really do want it. Not just for the extras but also because its been years since I last saw the films and I've been wanting to watch them for ages.

well I don't usually after I was stung with the Arkham Asylum one being awful! However I heard this was going to be something special and I wasn't disappointed. I picked it up for £45 off play think its a bit cheaper than that on Amazon.

I was watching my DVD collection of this the other day, still love the films. Would like to get the BluRay edition, but with low funds and since I already have the DVDs tha is not likely right now.

I was thinking though, that while I think the films hold up very well today and still great entertainment... how much will they hold up in another 5 years time when 2015 finally comes and the "future" is not what we hoped for based on the awesomeness of the films :heh:

How would anyone born in or after 2015 react to the films? Actually anyone ever sit a current "child" down to watch the films and see if they like it?

Oh and favourite scenes/moments

Marty waking up his Dad in 1955 and saying he was "Darth Vader from Planet Vulcan" :heh:

How did George react when Star Wars and Star Trek actually came out :heh:

Also

Johnny B Goode.... I sing this on Kareoke a lot too and try to pretend I'm Marty... minus the guitar

I'm so buying this after pay day. I intend to hunt down the delorean version.

yeah like I said if it wasn't for the fact I already own one I would have bought it.

I was watching my DVD collection of this the other day, still love the films. Would like to get the BluRay edition, but with low funds and since I already have the DVDs tha is not likely right now.

I was thinking though, that while I think the films hold up very well today and still great entertainment... how much will they hold up in another 5 years time when 2015 finally comes and the "future" is not what we hoped for based on the awesomeness of the films :heh:

How would anyone born in or after 2015 react to the films? Actually anyone ever sit a current "child" down to watch the films and see if they like it?

Oh and favourite scenes/moments

Marty waking up his Dad in 1955 and saying he was "Darth Vader from Planet Vulcan" :heh:

How did George react when Star Wars and Star Trek actually came out :heh:

Also

Johnny B Goode.... I sing this on Kareoke a lot too and try to pretend I'm Marty... minus the guitar

all questions/points that need answers and discussing.

This.

I was talking to the missus about xmas presents the other day and said don't get me anything this year or the next few, save up for my hover board. She was like What the hell you talkin' bout willis.

I then of course explained that occording to factual filmage from the future, hover boards will be available in 2015.

I got this look in this order: :blank::nono::hug:

yeah like I said if it wasn't for the fact I already own one I would have bought it.

Any idea where I can get it? A quick browse of the usual online stores bring up nil point. It appears on Play but in unbuyable format.

Edited by Platty
Automerged Doublepost

This.

I was talking to the missus about xmas presents the other day and said don't get me anything this year or the next few, save up for my hover board. She was like What the hell you talkin' bout willis.

I then of course explained that occording to factual filmage from the future, hover boards will be available in 2015.

I got this look in this order: :blank::nono::hug:

Any idea where I can get it? A quick browse of the usual online stores bring up nil point. It appears on Play but in unbuyable format.

you not a blu-ray owner? I think its only in that format...I mean it has been revised on DVD a couple of times already and the big thing for the 25 years is that its available for the first time in HD.

you not a blu-ray owner? I think its only in that format...I mean it has been revised on DVD a couple of times already and the big thing for the 25 years is that its available for the first time in HD.

Huh? apologies, maybe my post wasn't clear.

I own a blu ray and want this but cannot find the delorean version of the box set anywhere...... Play have it listed but you can't buy it.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/15572450/Back-To-The-Future-Trilogy-Delorean-Edition-Box-Set/Product.html

NO BUY BUTTON O____________O Says it has sold out but meh, I don't ever remember seeing a Buy button (only been checking the last 2 weeks though).

Huh? apologies, maybe my post wasn't clear.

I own a blu ray and want this but cannot find the delorean version of the box set anywhere...... Play have it listed but you can't buy it.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/15572450/Back-To-The-Future-Trilogy-Delorean-Edition-Box-Set/Product.html

NO BUY BUTTON O____________O Says it has sold out but meh, I don't ever remember seeing a Buy button (only been checking the last 2 weeks though).

oh right sorry...mix ups in reading. yeah its not be available to buy off play for a while now. You know what though not a clue where you are gonna get the delorean edition amazon only other place I've seen and they are sold out...

You do know for that extra £20 (maybe a bit more) though you could buy a better built replica?!

Went and watched it in Cineworld last month on the huge screen.

It was awesome.

Yeah wish I had got round to seeing it during its rerun (what's a rerun?!)

I've seen it a few times.

It never clicked hugely with me. It was alright/fine. I think it's Michael J Fox's old face. Made me feel strange. It looked like a man in child's clothing.

Seriously?! I've always thought he was quite baby faced in the films?

There are a ton of new interviews on the disks and its quite jarring/saddening watching him. His Parkinson's obviously taking affect and he has all these random movements and twitches etc :(

EDIT:

Just found this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a282795/bttf-game-free-with-blu-ray-trilogy.html

An episode of the Back To The Future game is to be included with the Blu-ray trilogy.

Copies of the remastered boxset will come with a download code for the first instalment of the episodic series, according to Joystiq.

Available on October 25, the set features remastered versions of the films as well as new behind-the-scenes footage and trailers.

Screenwriter Bob Gale recently told DS that the BTTF game will be available next month.

I can't find the said code wonder if its just a US thing.

Edited by flameboy