N-Europe

Pot Noodle GTi

ReZourceman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to try these. My faith in the brand has been shaken in recent years, but this might be what was needed for me stick my fork back in for another twist.

Bologonogololonese flavour for this man. It's practically impossible to screw that up.

I don't recall ever having a pot noodle. But then I get a really distinctive taste in my mouth whenever I think of them, as though I had. Maybe I've blocked out memories from the time I had them. Maybe I was subject to Pot Noodle-related trauma?

But yeah, I distrust whole meals that you have to microwave. Uncle Ben's rice and similar "accessory" foods are far as I go.

But yeah, I distrust whole meals that you have to microwave. Uncle Ben's rice and similar "accessory" foods are far as I go.

M&S prepared meals are of a fantastic quality and there's a great variety of stuff to choose from, but yeah standard microwave pizzas etc are just incredibly lazy and poorly put together food.

M&S prepared meals are of a fantastic quality and there's a great variety of stuff to choose from, but yeah standard microwave pizzas etc are just incredibly lazy and poorly put together food.

Well I didn't count M&S of course! :bowdown:

I miss M&S. :( I daren't stretch to it atm though. Currently my weekly shop is bread, milk and uncle ben's egg fried rice. Though teebfuh my flatmates all make (me) dinner (lol).

How do microwaves work, and why is everything cooked in an oven instantly healthier?

The oven things is when compared to frying.

[NERD ALERT]

Microwave ovens work by emitting microwaves (who'd have thought it) through the food. Water molecules are electric dipoles (meaning that they have a positive charge at one end and a negative charge at the other), and therefore rotate as they try to align themselves with the alternative electric field of the microwaves. This rotation increases the energy, which is, in other words, heat (heat is simply the release of energy from rapidly moving molecules). The heat is dispersed throughout the food as the rotating molecules hit other molecules and pit them in motion.

[/NERD ALERT]

How do microwaves work, and why is everything cooked in an oven instantly healthier?

lulwat?

Not everything cooked in a microwave is instantly unhealthy, nor oven stuff healthy.

Oven meals are designed to last, therefore filled with preservatives. Also bulked out with filler. But they aren't the only thing you can cook in a microwave.

But Uncle Bens micro-rice is rubbery, flavourless SHIT. Buy the Batchelors Savoury Rice. That shit is fucking awesome. Its like 52p or something and your Uncle Bens is like £1.50 or something? Come on!? And its not hard to make either, just pour water in and then microwave.

Currently my weekly shop is bread, milk and uncle ben's egg fried rice.

Oh god, thats the worst one of the whole lot.

i don't know how anyone tolerates that egg fried rice stuff... my sister really likes it and the smell just makes me gag.

YES! The smell is ridiculous and it tastes nothing like "egg fried rice" it just tastes like their normal horrible, bland nuggets of rubber but in a wet/jelly coating (which apparently is the fried bit)

Seriously. Its terrible.

Paj. This stuff;

batchelors%20chicken%20savoury%20rice.jpg

Although the logos changed now.

Best flavours;

Chicken, Savoury, Chinese.

All amazing.

batchelors%20golden%20savoury.jpgbatchelors%20savoury%20rice.jpg

You will thank me.