N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well gmac has had plenty of time to come out as a princess. Its also not like we've (you've) arrived at the name randomly, we've listed all people, he is one of the few people we know nothing about.

And Danny, proposing he is the princess, the only way you can (win?) is by targeting him anyway. *Shrug*

Well gmac has had plenty of time to come out as a princess. Its also not like we've (you've) arrived at the name randomly, we've listed all people, he is one of the few people we know nothing about.

And Danny, proposing he is the princess, the only way you can (win?) is by targeting him anyway. *Shrug*

Has gmac even viewed the thread? I haven't seen him online, so I don't really think he's following the game at all. Also, what does him being inactive have anything to do with ... anything? He could still very well be the princess, and if we lynch him, I can't win with the rest of you. :(

Oh, and I've already explained why I don't go around targetting random people. I want to be sure who the princess is.

Has gmac even viewed the thread? I haven't seen him online, so I don't really think he's following the game at all. Also, what does him being inactive have anything to do with ... anything? He could still very well be the princess, and if we lynch him, I can't win with the rest of you. :(

Oh, and I've already explained why I don't go around targetting random people. I want to be sure who the princess is.

But chair started saying nothing even when accused and we assumed a silencer. Turned out he was mafia.

You definitely have more reason to trust me than Nintendohnut. The write-up saying he did get a flask should be enough to sway you?

I can see literally no evidence in this thread to prove this statement.

I am not lying. If you can somehow prove I am lying then people should believe you. But you cannot, because I am not.

Until you can prove I am lying there is no reason to trust you more than me.

In fact, several people have confirmed that I am good. Only Diageo has confirmed you as good as far as I remember. And I don't trust him, as you may have noticed.

I almost feel like you're on a personal mission to discredit me, although I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

It's either that or you're busy protecting Diageo, a team mate of yours. Interesting that he is answering questions I ask you directly. Almost as if you've been discussing things outside of the thread...?

Btw Jonnas, does the number for majority take into account ReZ's disallowance of vote?

Yes

(There's 18 players, so it wouldn't change anyway)

Think harder.

------------------

Vote Standings

gmac (4): Cube, heroicjanitor, Ellmeister, Diageo

Diageo (4): Nintendohnut, Rummy, Tales, Jayseven

ReZ (2): MadDog

Jayseven (1): Zell

Rummy (1): The Peeps

(9 is the majority)

I can see literally no evidence in this thread to prove this statement.

I am not lying. If you can somehow prove I am lying then people should believe you. But you cannot, because I am not.

Until you can prove I am lying there is no reason to trust you more than me.

In fact, several people have confirmed that I am good. Only Diageo has confirmed you as good as far as I remember. And I don't trust him, as you may have noticed.

I almost feel like you're on a personal mission to discredit me, although I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

It's either that or you're busy protecting Diageo, a team mate of yours. Interesting that he is answering questions I ask you directly. Almost as if you've been discussing things outside of the thread...?

Are you purposely ignoring what I say? If we take you and Diageo on your words the write-up backs him up. This has nothing to do with me I'm just saying I trust Diageo ahead of you because he gave me pills and what he says is backed up by the write-up. You've asked me to repeat myself like 5 times now. I don't believe you are good and if it would be useful I'd vote for you.

An alternative is if you are both telling the truth, then someone may have been disguised as you and received the pills in your stead.

But chair started saying nothing even when accused and we assumed a silencer. Turned out he was mafia.

But chair is usually active. I have never seen gmac being active in a mafia game, and I haven't seen him participate in this game at any point, so I don't think he's necessarily a scumnag lying low, and thus I don't want to vote for him in case he's the very one I have to protect.

I think diageo and heroicjanitor are the most suspicious, and I think lynching one of them will give us info - if they're evil, the other is likely, too. If they're not then Maddog/nintendohnut come into the fore (though I don't think they're as bad).

I swear to god if one more person lumps me in with him...

Before you ask again this is the situation

Nintendohnut says he didn't get pills

Diageo said he gave Nintendohnut pills

Evidence to believe Nintendohnut -> His word

Evidence to believe Diageo -> His word, the write-up says so, I have received tea from him before.

Don't think this implicates me in any way.

So Gmac is never active? Damn the scumnags are crafty, we've been fighting amongst ourselves all day and it looks like Cube has given up and gone home :p

Are you purposely ignoring what I say? If we take you and Diageo on your words the write-up backs him up. This has nothing to do with me I'm just saying I trust Diageo ahead of you because he gave me pills and what he says is backed up by the write-up. You've asked me to repeat myself like 5 times now. I don't believe you are good and if it would be useful I'd vote for you.

An alternative is if you are both telling the truth, then someone may have been disguised as you and received the pills in your stead.

It's people saying things like this that got me confused in the first place. So it's not just me being a little slow at least.

And I don't think it's just other people lumping you together. I think the fact that he keeps saying you're backing him up and you think alike, along with the fact that, well, you're backing him up, makes you both look a little suspicious

I think diageo and heroicjanitor are the most suspicious, and I think lynching one of them will give us info - if they're evil, the other is likely, too. If they're not then Maddog/nintendohnut come into the fore (though I don't think they're as bad).

Well I think so to but no-one is changing their votes onto diageo so I took mine off.

I hereby certify that I shall not under any circumstances target Diageo tonight.

Specifically asking who I plan to switch IS a big risk. Surely you can see that if I state my targets then it negates any effect of me switching them in the first place.

If it will help you trust me then I won't target Diageo tonight, I wasn't intending to anyway. I still don't trust you, I don't know why you think/thought it was acceptable to know my targets. That is why I'm keeping my vote on you for now. It's not simply because you're casting suspicion on me, it's because you've been missing my explanations and haven't dropped this subject even though I've given you all the information you've asked of me.

I'm under the influence right now so I can't give the best response to this, but my original post asking for your targets I'm sure at least asked you not to target Diageo, I posed more than just that option because I wish in essence to get as much as you're willing to provide(and providing info is imo good because then it can be verified/not verified and lead to more reasonable conclusions) so in my mind, what if you are actually prepared to give both your targets, one of your targets, or at least not promise to target someone specifically but I only ask for the latter? I said I am trying to not make any assumptions, and as an assumption on town I see why you couldn't at least provide the latter, if none of the former. Danny has/had no reason to give anything away about himself and in fact planned not to but did so because others were(with all assumptions implied, of course), it is in my mind a similar case when making a request of you, I demanded nothing but asked for a few possibilities.

I'm going to vote: Rummy because I agree with what The Peeps have said before, and he seems to think that me, Rez, The Peeps and Herojan are all a big mafia group protecting each other, which I know is wrong because I know I'm townie, and I'm pretty sure the whole Rez and Chair thing proves Rez is good. And I also think HeroJan and The Peeps are town.

Again this is incorrect, I've directly reasoned this out in a post already. I have to by my very nature assume anybody could be mafia, but I also have to put doubt into those assumptions, and so assuming that person A or person B could be mafia, does not mean both of them are or are in cahoots with each other and to assume that would be foolish as with(as I have previously said) any pairwise comparison should yield at least 4 results(both mafia, neither mafia, mafia+town, town+mafia) and making those assumptions will give me only one. You CONSTANTLY look over stuff I've clearly stated with proper thorough logic and pull me up on it, which does nothing but give me more reason to suspect you. I have broken it down to the most basic things I can think of, yet you still seem to ignore/not grasp it. It's not even game related, it's logic, and not even 'just logic' it's logic i have explained clearly.

Well a traditional protector simply stops killers.

Can we get a list of people and role claims/powers (anyone)? Quote and pass on.

There are still a few people who have been bought into question and given us nothing (Tales, gmac) most other people have co-operated.

ReZourceman - Cube suspects his power/its better to be unknown.

Eenuh - Investigator (name?)

Jayseven - Power Protector + Protector

Diageo - Power Super Charger

Heroicjanitor - (Can't remember)

Ellmeister - Investigator?

Cube - (Can't remember)

Dannyboy-the-Dane - Killer/needs princess

You've forgot someone :p

Ah okay. So its not a protector its like a.....roleblock bomb or something. Interesting power.

I think I just saw jay addressed this, but isn't any protector essentially a tagretee specific roleblocker?

I think that is all I wanted to say, but I forget. Also, as much as it pains me to say/do it, Vote:gmac.

Well I think so to but no-one is changing their votes onto diageo so I took mine off.

Seconded. My prime suspects are peeps diageo and herojan, then some others on a tier below, yet if no one is going for it there's no point to waste the lynch, like i stated before. It's a risk to take, but I think we need to in order to not just stale out.

Again this is incorrect, I've directly reasoned this out in a post already. I have to by my very nature assume anybody could be mafia, but I also have to put doubt into those assumptions, and so assuming that person A or person B could be mafia, does not mean both of them are or are in cahoots with each other and to assume that would be foolish as with(as I have previously said) any pairwise comparison should yield at least 4 results(both mafia, neither mafia, mafia+town, town+mafia) and making those assumptions will give me only one. You CONSTANTLY look over stuff I've clearly stated with proper thorough logic and pull me up on it, which does nothing but give me more reason to suspect you. I have broken it down to the most basic things I can think of, yet you still seem to ignore/not grasp it. It's not even game related, it's logic, and not even 'just logic' it's logic i have explained clearly.

Incorrect.

I very much get your logic, but I never said anyone or even you had to vote for Rummy. I gave the reasons I was voting.

If I am townie, is it wrong for me to vote for you because everyone I believe is town, you believe is mafia? I'm not taking any other point of view, [pairings such as me being mafia etc.] because I don't need to for my vote. It's the reasons I voted. I am not telling others to vote, I gave my reasons. Therefore I can vote for you all I like without taking any other viewpoints as I don't have to prove anything to you.

Those are my reasons for voting and your logic can't win over mine because it is my vote and I decide it.

Does it really matter what's in the flask? It augments power, if it's pills or liquids is of no relevance whatsoever. At least I think so. Slip of the tongue probably.

You know what's brilliant? I say something slightly wrong, you tear me apart, say I'm lying, accuse me of being mafia, and laugh at me.

Herojan says something wrong and it's of no relevance, a slip of the tongue.

Isn't it amazing how you trust someone just because they back you up, and yet if they accuse you, you tear into them? Not really. Either you're mafia, or you are being massively played by the mafia.

Vote Standings

gmac (6): Cube, heroicjanitor, Ellmeister, Diageo, Eenuh, Rummy

Diageo (3): Nintendohnut, Tales, Jayseven

ReZ (2): MadDog

Jayseven (1): Zell

Rummy (1): The Peeps

(9 is the majority)

Day 5 is over

--------------------

The day darkened earlier than usual. Some thought that the sun itself set merely to spite Diageo after his insolent behaviour, but that was far from the truth.

The truth was, dark, stormy clouds made their way onto the scene. Highly unusual, considering it was summer. Loud, cackling thunder was heard.

A sudden lightning bolt hit chairdriver's grave. Had he been still alive, he would have not survived.

The gatekeeper realized "The wrath of heavens! The unworthy ones are to be judged! Quick, one of you must grab this!" he said, as he threw a mask to a group of quiet players.

Confused, only Paj Meen Ah grabbed the mask of Mark A. Millian and wore it as suggested.

Paj Meen Ah has left the game. He has been replaced by Marcamillian.

He did it just in time. A lightning bolt struck him squarely in the face, yet Marcamillian survived, thanks to the mask's mysterious powers.

Dyson, however, did not have such luck.

Dyson has been killed due to inactivity. He was the Archaeologist, Cristopher Regal. He could track others during the night. He was Good.

Yet another lightning bolt struck, yet this time, it only found the ground as a target. Or, more precisely, the ground beneath gmac's feet. Scared beyond wits, he considered the motives behind this warning.

And as quickly as it came, the storm went away.

Truly, the power of the Gods is great. One should always honour their vows.

--------------

Participants:

(17)

-Cube

-Dannyboy-the-Dane

-Diageo

-Eenuh

-Ellmeister

-gmac

-heroicjanitor

-Jayseven

-MadDog

-Marcamillian

-mr-paul

-Nintendohnut

-ReZourceman

-Rummy

-Tales

-The Peeps

-Zell

Send me your PMs

Night 5 starts now

I did receive tea though. How do we know you aren't lying about not receiving pills? There are several circumstances which could accoutn for you not receiving pills.

A-> You are lying. Simplest one. Most likely too since the write-up says you got pills.

B-> Someone disguised themselves as you and Diageo handed him the pills. Could have happened but the witness would have to let you out of his sight for a minute.

Diageo not being targeted is confusing alright, but isn't necessarily down to him. It's also possible he was being over aggressive yesterday to disguise being mafia.

Anyway why should we believe you didn't get pills when the write-up says you did?

The reason I defended Diageo from Nintendohnut was because the write-up says "(Nintenohnut) was visited by two men. One was handsome, and they had a polite talk. The second one took a look at him and gave him some sort of flask, its contents unknown to me."

So Diageo gave him something. He definitely gave me some tea so I think Nintendohnut is lying, or mistaken, for whatever reasons. Diageo giving Nintendohnut the pills would fit in with Diageo believing Rez was mafia.

I still think Nintendohnut is suspicious though for not saying he got that flask when the write-up says he did.

This has been speculated a few times but all I've said in his defense is that I did receive tea from him and it enabled me to target two people with my power, which I have revealed is used in the day. The rest is confirmed from the write-up and other people, and I am just pointing out why they are wrong.

I revealed that my power is used in the day yesterday, yet the exotic man roleblocked me last night for some reason.

It isn't me who is doing it, people keep lumping me in with him even though all I'm doing is saying he gave me tea and pointing out that no one has anything against him. You say he didn't give you anything but quite frankly I don't believe you. It isn't the write-up which is being edited it is an investigator character who is giving us these notes. An investigator says you got the flask, so I think you're lying. I amn't 100% on Diageo but I at least amn't going to vote over this.

I have answered this like 6 times :p I believe you are lying because I DID receive something from Diageo and because the write-up says you did. I also said that your "insert a line into the write-up" theory sounds wrong because it is an investigator giving us results, not a write-up in the same way as pokemafia or whatever.

Rez all I've said is that my power is a day power and revealing it would render it useless.

I swear to god if one more person lumps me in with him...

Before you ask again this is the situation

Nintendohnut says he didn't get pills

Diageo said he gave Nintendohnut pills

Evidence to believe Nintendohnut -> His word

Evidence to believe Diageo -> His word, the write-up says so, I have received tea from him before.

Don't think this implicates me in any way.

So Gmac is never active? Damn the scumnags are crafty, we've been fighting amongst ourselves all day and it looks like Cube has given up and gone home :p

You know what's brilliant? I say something slightly wrong, you tear me apart, say I'm lying, accuse me of being mafia, and laugh at me.

Herojan says something wrong and it's of no relevance, a slip of the tongue.

Isn't it amazing how you trust someone just because they back you up, and yet if they accuse you, you tear into them? Not really. Either you're mafia, or you are being massively played by the mafia.

There's a difference between accusing someone of cheating and making a mistake though. I think you are mafia because of the sheer amount of times you have run us in circles. I think you are wasting day phases purpose. I also think your comment about him being massively played is designed to sow distrust.

So he's given you pills now? It was tea last time...

I'm sorry I made a mistake but you would too if you had to answer the same question so many times. You were just saying how you think we have been going around in circles because of the mafia.

Really sorry Jonnas I didn't mean to post that at night but ti took me a long time to make :(