Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Retro_Link

The Batwing is too gimmicky to make an appearance in TDKR yeah?

batwing.jpg

It would certainly be a far more stealth like way of getting around for a while, but I honestly can't see how they can make it practical and fit into the realistic universe. Landing the damn thing anywhere he needs to for starters!... wouldn't exactly help him remain undercover!

I think they might build on the flight aspect of his suit somewhat though... it's been a very glide able suit since he got it (due to the tech they explained and used), as shown at the end of Begins, and the Hong Kong scene in TDK. They might build on this somehow, or equip him/it with some form of hang glider functionality to see him take to the darkness of the sky a little more.

Edited by Retro_Link

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the new Batman films, I hope for at least 6 more in the style of what we've been given.

Won't happen, but it should (even with recasting, like teh Bonds).

Also, read a few pages that Keira Knightly might be trying to get a part. I chundered. Just no. No, no, no. She's shite & an irl twat of a woman.

Oddy's attack was SUPER EFFECTIVE.

... Anyway, I like Kiera Knightley, what has she done to be criticised so much about her real life escapades?

She's done lots of good performances. OR maybe that was Natalie Portman, who I find has a very close resemblance.

is that just because they both Padme in Phantom Menace?! Anyhow Natalie Portman would be a better choice in my eyes. I will officially hate this film is Keira Knightly stars in this film, shes not attractive and she is a bloody shit actress no idea how she has made it this far!

is that just because they both Padme in Phantom Menace?! Anyhow Natalie Portman would be a better choice in my eyes. I will officially hate this film is Keira Knightly stars in this film, shes not attractive and she is a bloody shit actress no idea how she has made it this far!

Wow, I didn't know that! This may sound absurd but I just thought they used stunt double/ didn't use someone like Keira!

Also fail at my attempted spelling of her name >_>

She's incredibly attractive! You've obviously not been watching the right films/ scenes :p

CATWOMAN (Anne Hathaway)

the-dark-knight-rises-20110119103041795.jpg

Christopher Nolan stated, "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story."

and BANE (Tom Hardy)

Nolan said, "I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman's most formidable enemies."

:o

I know there were rumours and all, but didn't really see that happening!

I'm fine with Anne Hathaway as Catwoman though, she's great in the one or two films I've seen her in and comes across as a lovely person. Catwomans a very bold choice though!

Did not think they'd go through with Tom Hardy as Bane... but it's SO reasurring to here they are (of course) doing a completely different take on the character! And of course I have no doubts over what both he and Nolan can do!

Edited by Retro_Link

As long as Bane is nothing like he was in Arkham Asylum (slight forgiveness due to extra rage toxin thing) or, *shudder*, Batman & Robin, this could be win :)

I don't see Anne as Catwoman, but she may surprise me.

I wonder if she will have the more modern goggle-type mask.

Bane could be an amazing antagonist. In the books, he was a proper cunning mob boss, not some kind of psychotic steak. I think Hardy could bring that to the role.
Yeah exactly,

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/anne-hathaway-as-catwoman-and-tom-hardy-as-bane-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

Hardy, who was cast before Christmas and thought to be attatched to any number of roles, will play Bane, who - unlike the joke of a character portrayed in 1997's Batman & Robin - is actually a genius military strategist and fearsome soldier driven insane by the super soldier serum 'venom'.

Bane famously broke Batman's spine during a confrontation in the Knightfall saga in the early 1990s, forcing Bruce Wayne to relinquish the mantle of the bat for a time.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

On working again with Tom Hardy, Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

This news couldn't have come at a better time, with 2012's other superhero movies gathering all the column inches in recent weeks.

We're particularly excited about the announcement that Bane will be the villain - and seeing Hardy bring the monster to life - might we be seeing the long-awaited adaptation of Knightfall? We can only hope.

Wonder if there could be a farely tragic ending to the trilogy?

I don't like the word 'genius' being thrown around Bane. I mean in contrast to the rob-a-bank, smash up bridges, can't tell Clark Kent is Superman style supervillains yeah, he takes a pretty intelligent approach. But all his plans are something that anyone could come up with if they just stopped for a moment.

I wish Hush had been arced over all three films.

Still, I can live with this. Anne Hathawawawawaaaay as Selina Kyle? She does not have the physical presence, she's wafer thin. Selina Kyle is not someone I'd like to get on the wrong side of. AH? If I sneezed I'd be worried she'd break.

I'd be laughing if they just break Batman's back and end the trilogy like that.

Easy.

I would love that.

It'd be great. They could even bring in elements of the Bat 'family' as a kind of legacy ending. Batman is broken, but the ideas he inspires (crippling petty criminals with multi billion dollar weapons technology) go on to keep Gotham safe. It'd be a cool ending to a definitive run.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!