NEurope
Ashley

Disappointing Films

I like to pretend that Blade Trinity was never made. The whole plot was quite uninteresting and I remember there were Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds. I actually don't remember much else, besides that Whistler died right at the beginning in an undeserving way and that Blade's car got destroyed. And now I'm back to pretending it was never made.

Edited by Konfucius

Batman: the Dark Knight - is it really a good story or is it just an indulgent fantasy?

In what sense?

Prince of Persia - From the Producers of Pirates of the Caribbean, tipped by many to be Disneys next big franchise...... Result = Fail. the best thing from that film was Gemma Arteton.

Sherlock Holmes - just watching it cringing at RDJ's British accent.

Clash of the titans (newest remake) - Looked pretty epic in honesty from the trailers, potential to be awesome. but nope.... just no. again like PoP, Gemma Arteton was this films saving grace.

Dorian Grey - okay i know there'll be a lot of haters hating here, but having read the book, i thought that a film addaption of this could work well. it most certainly did not. maybe it could of worked well had it been given a box office budget, but due to it being a british film, i guess this just set it back.

Prince of Persia - From the Producers of Pirates of the Caribbean, tipped by many to be Disneys next big franchise...... Result = Fail. the best thing from that film was Gemma Arteton.

Sherlock Holmes - just watching it cringing at RDJ's British accent.

Clash of the titans (newest remake) - Looked pretty epic in honesty from the trailers, potential to be awesome. but nope.... just no. again like PoP, Gemma Arteton was this films saving grace.

Dorian Grey - okay i know there'll be a lot of haters hating here, but having read the book, i thought that a film addaption of this could work well. it most certainly did not. maybe it could of worked well had it been given a box office budget, but due to it being a british film, i guess this just set it back.

THANK YOU! Thank God I'm not the only one on here who didn't like that movie! I thought RDJ was awesome but Jude Law is just annoying.

THANK YOU! Thank God I'm not the only one on here who didn't like that movie! I thought RDJ was awesome but Jude Law is just annoying.

And now you go ahead and do that. Do you want me to hate you? :p

People liked the film???

Some people do, yes - like me! :p My avatar didn't give away any clues? :heh:

I just assumed that you had a man-crush on RDJ.

I just assumed that you had a man-crush on RDJ.

That as well. If I had to go gay for someone, RDJ would be a top candidate.

In what sense?

In that it's a very long film and I get the sense that its fans would enjoy just soaking up the atmosphere... which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I wasn't impressed with the actual storytelling. It could learn a great deal from the Spider-Man films, in that one scene follows on from the other, causes the next to happen, and there is emotional investment in it. I don't mean I like the sentimental bits, I just care when Spider-Man has to choose whether to save the cable car or Mary Jane, when he's finding it hard to stop the train and when the Sandman and Venom are ganging up on him. It just gets me going!

With The Dark Knight, I felt the entire film just showed the city under the control of the Joker, with no real development, and then a fight at the end. The only scene that gripped me was when the people on the boats had to choose whether to destroy the other one.

You're not serious!

How about when Batman has to choose between Rachel and Harvey!

TDK blows Spiderman out the water!!

You're not serious!

It was obvious he was going to follow his dick.

It was obvious he was going to follow his dick.
Well yes, but I meant the stress and tension (of the scene).

The Dark Night is full of moments Grazza seems to enjoy about Spiderman, only surely even more heightened.

Didn't the old film show the boulder right fall on fatty's face, though? I found that to be quite shocking when I first saw it.

DID IT??! Wow. It must have been blink and miss then, cos i didn't even notice. In fact i thought they just showed the boulder being tipped in fatty's general direction!

You're not serious!

TDK blows Spiderman out the water!!

Whereas Spider-Man has to make a quick decision (and does something really clever - well, I couldn't work out what he was going to do anyway!), the situation is much less straightforward for Batman. I don't want to bash the individual scenes though because, now you remind me of it, yes, that was gripping. At the end of the day, I do not dislike this film, I just found it strangely flat.

I didn't exactly expect anything from it but 4.3.2.1 was just bad. There were a couple of good scenes but it's totally different to the trailer.

Well yes, but I meant the stress and tension (of the scene).

It's hardly tension when you can guess what's going to happen first time, it's just a case of how long until they catch up with you.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I'm sorry to deviate from the subject of this thread but i saw Kick-Ass last night and I fucking loved it. It was anything but dissapointing.

And Lyndsy Fonseca.......Yes.

I'm sorry to deviate from the subject of this thread but i saw Kick-Ass last night and I fucking loved it. It was anything but dissapointing.

And Lyndsy Fonseca.......Yes.

bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

Your post is full of nothing but truths though.

Spiderman, Spiderman 3

X-Men 3

Jurassic Park 3

Men in Black 2

Sex Drive (Rez is wrong about this movie)

Troy

The Whole 10 Yards

It could learn a great deal from the Spider-Man films,

The spider-man films are so "...". I can't bear half the lead performances. It's like what the characters would be like if Lars Von Trier wrote the Spider-Man comics, as opposed to what the characters are ACTUALLY like. They always look tired (that's just their faces, but still), they speak so slowly, in annoying accents, and generally their only thought is "FML".

They always look tired (that's just their faces, but still), they speak so slowly, in annoying accents, and generally their only thought is "FML".

Kirsten Dunst looks like she was woken up in the middle of the night by a bucket of piss being thrown over her head, in the rain.

600full-kirsten-dunst.jpg

With some women, they have a sexy morning bed look. But, with Dunst, its definitely a bucket of piss.

I had Tobey Maguire, too. "I'm Spiderman...I think...I'm trying to be...I think I'm him..." Get on with eeeet.