NEurope
ReZourceman

They're Running Out Of Names For Films

This was Molly's prosperus thought and I decided I'd run with it after lolling it over in my head for a few days.

george-clooney-the-american.jpg

life-as-we-know-it-movie-poster.jpg

I mean come on!

In fairness, the best movie title of all time has already been written, so what's a director to do?

mega_shark_and_giant_octopus.jpeg

Speaking of film titles here's a drinking game for you:

Take two films which share a word in their titles and then mix the synopsis. You say that synopsis and your friends have to guess what the film titles are. For example "A bunch of interconnecting stories of everyday New Yorkers one of whom goes to jail and discovers he is in love with his cellmate" which is...

New York I Love You Phillip Morris

"How's that a drinking game?"

"We drink when we play it."

Aaaaaanyway. Now that that's been said. There is a superior 'Life As We Know It' (not seen the film but given who its lead actors are...

It appears as though nothing is sacred anymore. With a fifth Final Destination film set to shoot this fall, work on the movie is underway, and the original title Final Destination 5 has fallen to the wayside.

Just yesterday, Slashfilm confirmed that Warner Brothers has changed the film's title to 5nal Destination.

Read more: http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1103117p1.html#ixzz10Qus5w00

Source - IGN.com

Final Destination 5 = 5nal Destination......

or if you glance at it quickly Anal Destination

Source - IGN.com

Final Destination 5 = 5nal Destination......

That reminds me of....

analrapist.jpg

I've seen that film it's rubbish. It's just about so guy who's very specific about where he wants to go.

analrapist.jpg

I see that Analysing Therapists decided to shorten the name of their occupations...

Ashley, who is in your avatar? His face disgusts me everytime I see it.

Exactly my feelings too.

I hate bloody mouth/weird head.

Pre-emptive LOL at what I just typed ^

---

There's a good little article about this over on Empire's site.

http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs/empire-states/post/p932

Allow me to give you a few examples. In the action department, we’ve got: Knight And Day (what the hell did that mean, anyway?), The Takers, Green Zone… Green Zone, you say? Sounds… ecological. We’ll take 20 tickets.

In the romantic comedy arena, there’s Leap Year, Date Night, When In Rome, Valentine’s Day, The Switch… all about as exciting as a wet mop in a bin.

But the three that have really driven me to despair, a despair so dark and deep that I’m actually taking the time to moan about it on a blog, are these: The Town, The American and (wait for it…) The Adjustment Bureau.

Sweet Lord in Heaven, could you think of anything more boring? The Town? So, it’s about a town? No, the town? This is a bank heist film that's as exciting as a game-ending GTA mission, blessed with the refined acting talents of Jon Hamm, Pete Postlethwaite, Jeremy Renner and Chris Cooper, helmed by an on form Ben Affleck, and you’re calling it (drumroll…) 'The Town’?

The American's title has probably wiped out the interest of a huge number of global population, just like that. Fortunately, it's got George Clooney and guns in it, so it should be fine.

And as for The Adjustment Bureau, what’s that going to be about? Adjusting? Bureaux? What will the bureau adjust next? Another bureau? Matt Damon’s hat angle? Emily Blunt’s dress?

Edited by Solo

Ashley, who is in your avatar? His face disgusts me everytime I see it.

Exactly my feelings too.

I hate bloody mouth/weird head.

Pre-emptive LOL at what I just typed ^

---

Andrew Dost, one of my favourites (as Chaj meen ah would say). I like how the full photo is the most depressing Spider-Man photo ever, particularly considering he's normally

. Also who sings the song 'Wasted Miracle', which is how my sig/av is tied. I know its a rubbish set, but I like it.

Anyway back to film titles.

I kinda want to see that mega shark thing. Even though it wil probably suck.

It's fantastic! It has the greatest scene ever committed to celluloid, with one of the best double takes ever attempted by human eyes.

It's fantastic! It has the greatest scene ever committed to celluloid, with one of the best double takes ever attempted by human eyes.

Someone Guile's theme that now :p

In fairness, the best movie title of all time has already been written, so what's a director to do?

mega_shark_and_giant_octopus.jpeg

I watched this in a movie theatre. An Asylum classic for sure.

From Asylum...should have known. Just need to see their whole list of awesomely shitty movies to truly know what awesomely shitty names are out there.

Amended.

I've ordered the film on the 'strength' of that one scene, purely because it's just so bad that it's good. :D

I couldn't help but laugh at that, honestly i can't believe they even made the movie.

The Hole is apparently an awesome movie. Joe Dante directed it, so I have faith it will be excellent.

The Hole is apparently an awesome movie. Joe Dante directed it, so I have faith it will be excellent.

From the advert, if that kid's greatest horror isn't something like Cookie Monster then I'd be severely disappointed.

"Gobble gobble motherfucker" has to be the best tagline in history though.