NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Good-hearted books :) Can I ask you what sort of price books are on iBooks? I'm looking into audiobooks as a way forward.

Wossit? WOSSAT? 10/10 + cool name = intrigue.

I think I paid about £4.50 for them each. Im not particularly happy about the price seeing as you can get the paperbacks cheaper but I wanted them digitally so I gave in.

There are sites dedicated to audiobooks, like audible.co.uk, which effectively offer paperback prices for books (sometimes more!) - the pro is that they are usually read by professional, dedicated and decent readers, the cons are that often (on the UK site especially) the books are abridged. However, there's a membership thing - £15 a month gets you two books a month, which is usually cheaper than the istore, from what I just checked.

people think that because it's not a physical copy of the book it'll be cheaper - but effectively you're paying not only for the author's efforts but also the hours of reading someone is enduring. The book I'm currently reading is 45 hours worth of listening unabridged, is £30 on itunes, but easily less than a tenner in paperback.

[/rant]

There are sites dedicated to audiobooks, like audible.co.uk, which effectively offer paperback prices for books (sometimes more!) - the pro is that they are usually read by professional, dedicated and decent readers, the cons are that often (on the UK site especially) the books are abridged. However, there's a membership thing - £15 a month gets you two books a month, which is usually cheaper than the istore, from what I just checked.

people think that because it's not a physical copy of the book it'll be cheaper - but effectively you're paying not only for the author's efforts but also the hours of reading someone is enduring. The book I'm currently reading is 45 hours worth of listening unabridged, is £30 on itunes, but easily less than a tenner in paperback.

[/rant]

even though happenstance and yourself are talking about totally different things your point remains. I've used audible great website and service if you ask me.

haha! Oh, shit, sorry dude :) Audiobooks have been on my mind all day, I genuinely mistook you there! Ha!

As a kid I used to quite like audiobooks. Cant really listen to them now though, for some reason I feel kind of uncomfortable listening to someone reading them. No idea why.

I always hated/had a problem with people who put on audiobooks when they went to bed. What's the point? You aren't taking in the story properly, and you'll forget where you last got to. Just read the book...

This was when I was 10/11.

I always hated/had a problem with people who put on audiobooks when they went to bed. What's the point? You aren't taking in the story properly, and you'll forget where you last got to. Just read the book...

This was when I was 10/11.

Not that I've done it but guess it can be nice to relax to. I listen to podcasts and set the time to turn off after X amount of time so if I doze off I don't miss anything.

Wossit? WOSSAT? 10/10 + cool name = intrigue.

Its basically a horror game made as much as David Lynch esque as possible, think Twin Peaks + horror games.

From what I read, its one of the crowning achievement of "so intensionally bad its good"

http://www.destructoid.com/review-deadly-premonition-165168.phtml

The cool cats that gave it the ten on the box.

Top it all off with it being released as a budget title.

16-17 pounds or something from amazon.

Its basically a horror game made as much as David Lynch esque as possible, think Twin Peaks + horror games.

From what I read, its one of the crowning achievement of "so intensionally bad its good"

yeah it looks amazing from what I've seen. My import plans are on hold until at least after xmas its kinda pricey!

Just checked play.com - £17.99 preorder.. and it's coming out on friday, according to them :P Will grab it from there!

Scratch THAT - £16.91 from amazon.co.uk

Will get it 1st-3rd Nov :P Wooooooo

Apparently, it's similar-ish to Alan Wake so if you've played that then I'm lead to believe that you'll enjoy Deadly Premonition. And if you haven't played Alan Wake, then do so! It's awesome.

Will have to have a look into Deadly Premonition. Have heard good things about it so may consider picking it up.

I think I just had a nightmare about this game, and I've not even played it yet.

You mean you had a premonition? A ... Deadly Premonition?

Awesome to hear people picking up Deadly Premonition its got kinda a cult following in the states which anyone who listens to podcasts will have become aware of as so many sites covered it. I look forward to hearing your views!

I know literally nothing about it. Genuinely, it's the name and the cover that swayed me (as they're similar to like 90% of my collection).

I've bought a 2nd red controller for my elite off of Ezequiel, and am about to order a couple of pizzas for when my mate gets here (in order to stay OT, I guess).

I just learned about this game too. Holy shit, it looks cool. Definitely going to play this at some point. Maybe I'll just Lovefilm it as it looks like it'll be short. Review research will determine if it gets my twenty notes or not tomorrow.

[EDIT]

Oh God, I'm reading stuff about shitty controls. I can take poor graphics and sound, but good controls are a must for me to enjoy a game. Rent.

Edited by Guy

fable-iii-box.jpg

+

rock-band-3-box.jpg

+

Rock-Band-3-Xbox-360-Instruments.jpg

=

One awesome weekend! :D

I really want RB3, but since my 360 crapped out and I have no intention of replacing it, my instruments have been rendered useless and I don't want to shell out for new ones for the PS3, especially the £100 plus epic ones.

Thanks to Oxygen Waste for his advice on this. I found out that you can use it to swap the sticks BTW:

411HTNgMt2L._SS400_.jpg