Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Recommended Posts

Upgrading my WFH life over time:

41MexvlK3YL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

 

I have my eye on a spectacular mechanical keyboard, but not pulled the trigger yet because our house extension is mid-build and I don't want to spend money that I may need if things go over budget. :-(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh me too! Went out and ordered this today:

idasen-desk-sit-stand__0636175_PE697696_S5.JPG?f=xxxl

Being delivered on Monday. Can’t wait to stop working on our outside table and get comfortable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

61AjuOii5GL._AC_.jpg51P9EWWRAPL._AC_SY445_.jpg

 

I've been looking for this for years but it's always been stupid expensive since all ADV stuff is out of print. I can finally throw out the pirated copy I bought off eBay 15 years ago.

Edited by martinist
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sneaker+von+Wrangler+in+schwarz+-+DEICHM

Ordered a pair of these. Really hope they fit so I don't have to send them back and order a new pair. I'm lazy :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

e98f4e15-ff4b-4f3c-9a2b-569210443815.jpg

A load of DC stuff is discounted today so I decided to get the Dark Knight Trilogy in 4k.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/08/2020 at 12:55 PM, will' said:

Oooh me too! Went out and ordered this today:

idasen-desk-sit-stand__0636175_PE697696_S5.JPG?f=xxxl

Being delivered on Monday. Can’t wait to stop working on our outside table and get comfortable.

Very nice. I'm working on the table where we eat dinner, so I'm packing away everything at the end of the day, and setting up again at the start of each day. My disconnect from work to home is pretty good because of that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr_Odwin said:

Very nice. I'm working on the table where we eat dinner, so I'm packing away everything at the end of the day, and setting up again at the start of each day. My disconnect from work to home is pretty good because of that though.

Definitely good to have a disconnect. I have my work setup in our spare bedroom and once the work day is over it all gets shut away and I don’t think about it.

The desk came today and already so happy to have it. I’d been on our picnic table until now and by lunch time I felt like my spine was going to dissolve. Being able to sit for a while, then stand, all in the most comfortable position possible is a real game changer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Varsity-Six-PWF-0166-1367x910.jpg
spa-long-1367x910.jpg

Booked a spa day/weekend with the husbando for his birthday next month, we've never been to one, so felt it'd be something fun with all the shite we've had to deal with. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My purchase is less luxurious than yours @nightwolf.

zkmtTQ6.jpg

Over 10 grand so far. :-(

Our stupid soil (which was basically like top soil for 6 feet down) meant paying out a lot of extra money for concrete to fill super deep footings. So that was cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been wanting a racing wheel for some time now and thought this was a decent one to go for for the Switch. 
 

EgHpRP0XsAA5aCD?format=jpg&name=large

Seems like decent bit of kit from what I quickly played with but need to find a more sturdy set up than my lap. Lol. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Been wanting a racing wheel for some time now and thought this was a decent one to go for for the Switch. 
 

EgHpRP0XsAA5aCD?format=jpg&name=large

Seems like decent bit of kit from what I quickly played with but need to find a more sturdy set up than my lap. Lol. 

Wait, HOLD UP!

Are you... are you using tilt controls!?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wait, HOLD UP!

Are you... are you using tilt controls!?

I have. Not sure if I’ll be using it for league nights just yet. Need more practice with it to be the feel of it. I’d still be more successful with the pro controller at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mm00274886.jpg?width=250mm00274864.jpg?width=250mm00274867.jpg?width=250mm00274870.jpg?width=250mm00274873.jpg?width=250mm00274876.jpg?width=250mm00274879.jpg?width=250mm00274882.jpg?width=250mm00274885.jpg?width=250buq0313901_1.jpg?width=250mm00273626.jpg?width=250

Bought a load more 4k blu rays! The Star Wars saga finally got released separately this morning and I've had Fifth Element preordered for a while. Only Star Wars one I didn't bother with was Solo. I'll get it if it's cheap one day but otherwise I'm not that bothered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My doctor's recommended running pause is over and I needed new running shoes so I ordered these:

3022466-002_PAIR%7D

Hope they'll fit. If not, I'll send them back :p

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Happenstance said:

mm00274886.jpg?width=250mm00274864.jpg?width=250mm00274867.jpg?width=250mm00274870.jpg?width=250mm00274873.jpg?width=250mm00274876.jpg?width=250mm00274879.jpg?width=250mm00274882.jpg?width=250mm00274885.jpg?width=250buq0313901_1.jpg?width=250mm00273626.jpg?width=250

Bought a load more 4k blu rays! The Star Wars saga finally got released separately this morning and I've had Fifth Element preordered for a while. Only Star Wars one I didn't bother with was Solo. I'll get it if it's cheap one day but otherwise I'm not that bothered.

The world is streaming their films and there's you collecting all of this physical media. :laughing:

The boxart for The Fifth Element is awesome. It's also odd how the Star Wars films with the best covers (prequel and sequel trilogy) but are the worst films. It looks like the worse a film is, the better the cover. That cover for a New Hope is hideous, but the one for the Rise of Skywalker is actually pretty nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Happenstance said:

mm00274886.jpg?width=250mm00274864.jpg?width=250mm00274867.jpg?width=250mm00274870.jpg?width=250mm00274873.jpg?width=250mm00274876.jpg?width=250mm00274879.jpg?width=250mm00274882.jpg?width=250mm00274885.jpg?width=250buq0313901_1.jpg?width=250mm00273626.jpg?width=250

Bought a load more 4k blu rays! The Star Wars saga finally got released separately this morning and I've had Fifth Element preordered for a while. Only Star Wars one I didn't bother with was Solo. I'll get it if it's cheap one day but otherwise I'm not that bothered.

 

I hope you'll place The Rise of Skywalker on your shelf at a slight angle too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bob said:

 

I hope you'll place The Rise of Skywalker on your shelf at a slight angle too.

God that annoyed me when I got to that boxart! 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

The world is streaming their films and there's you collecting all of this physical media. :laughing:

Streaming in 4k still isn’t necessarily an option for some people and as I’ve said before, most services like that don’t offer things like audio commentaries and that’s something I really enjoy listening to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Physical media is all there's going to be left when the internet finally becomes self aware and rebels against its capitalist masters. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

buq0293201_1.jpg?width=1200buq0302001_1.jpg?width=1200

Solo came back in stock so I figured why not, may as well complete the collection early before they stop providing the slip covers and it won't match on my shelf! Went with Avengers Endgame as the other in the 2 for £30 as I'm planning to get the whole Infinity Saga at some point in 4k anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2020 at 1:57 PM, Happenstance said:

Streaming in 4k still isn’t necessarily an option for some people and as I’ve said before, most services like that don’t offer things like audio commentaries and that’s something I really enjoy listening to.

Aye, there's a lot to be said for those extras. It pains me sometimes when I stream a film and it doesn't even have basic subtitle options for English, let alone multiple languages or the crazy extras that you get with Blurays or DVDs. That's one area where physical media still has streaming beat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Aye, there's a lot to be said for those extras. It pains me sometimes when I stream a film and it doesn't even have basic subtitle options for English, let alone multiple languages or the crazy extras that you get with Blurays or DVDs. That's one area where physical media still has streaming beat. 

What’s amazed me as well since I’ve been getting more of these movies is just how different all the releases are. I had always just assumed the jumps in quality were all you got but it’s full on colour grading, removing film grain, adding film grain back in etc etc.

This Jurassic Park video is a good example with two blu ray releases only 2 years apart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

What’s amazed me as well since I’ve been getting more of these movies is just how different all the releases are. I had always just assumed the jumps in quality were all you got but it’s full on colour grading, removing film grain, adding film grain back in etc etc.

This Jurassic Park video is a good example with two blu ray releases only 2 years apart.

 

What on earth? The 2013 version looks so much uglier compared to the 2011 release. That's not how evolution works. Evolution is supposed to make things better, not woooorse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites