Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, martinist said:

Where are you getting all these Jackie Chan blu-rays from?

Mostly Amazon or Zoom.co.uk. Eureka Classics and 88 Films have been re-releasing a load of them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Mostly Amazon or Zoom.co.uk. Eureka Classics and 88 Films have been re-releasing a load of them.

Love Zoom, been picking up a couple of films from them myself as of late. Got a whole pile of films still wrapped from the last couple of months on my shelf, which is a rare sight for me :laughing: haven't been watching nearly as many films during lockdown, strangely.

I'd also recommend signing up for the HMV newsletter if you don't mind that sort of thing for keeping an eye on prices, because occasionally their offers are way too good to turn down. Got the BFI Kurosawa Samurai Collection on Blu-Ray for £24.99 as part of their recent reduction to the BFI line (was previously £49.99) ahead of some much need revisits to those films ahead of Ghost of Tsushima, so that's well worth checking out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dragons_2D_1400x.jpgHoD3d1_1400x.jpg?v=158393743461L9NCFiSaL._AC_.jpg51cOEoRXXVL._SY445_.jpg

88 Films seem to be re-releasing all these old films with a lot of extra stuff and commentary. I'll start replacing my DVD Jackie Chan collection immediatly! first two images might be a little big, sorry about that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, martinist said:

dragons_2D_1400x.jpgHoD3d1_1400x.jpg?v=158393743461L9NCFiSaL._AC_.jpg51cOEoRXXVL._SY445_.jpg

88 Films seem to be re-releasing all these old films with a lot of extra stuff and commentary. I'll start replacing my DVD Jackie Chan collection immediatly! first two images might be a little big, sorry about that.

Nice. Keep an eye out for Eureka Classics as they are also re-releasing them. They’ve done Police Story 1 & 2 and Project A 1 & 2 box sets already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Nice. Keep an eye out for Eureka Classics as they are also re-releasing them. They’ve done Police Story 1 & 2 and Project A 1 & 2 box sets already.

Thanks for letting me know, made a few more purchases. Think i've spent over £100 on Jackie Chan blu-rays today thanks to you.

NewWebPack_EKA70307_PROJECT_A_3D_BOX_300EKA70301_POLICE_STORY_BOX_3D_300dpi_0-e181T-N7Te41L._AC_SX522_.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, martinist said:

Thanks for letting me know, made a few more purchases. Think i've spent over £100 on Jackie Chan blu-rays today thanks to you.

NewWebPack_EKA70307_PROJECT_A_3D_BOX_300EKA70301_POLICE_STORY_BOX_3D_300dpi_0-e181T-N7Te41L._AC_SX522_.jpg

It’s addictive isn’t it! I’ve added a preorder of Armour of God 2 since my last post.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inadvertently bought a bunch of Pokemon related stuff recently.

y4mDzVOujscrnTmDOG1UyT8Xl14sFSjIYtl0h6OO 

Dropped in price so I picked it up, wanted it since it was released but not willing to pay full price. Not entirely sure what's so "limited" about it though.

y4mQv8uRYOp8-QGrRRIVLzvptqzD_VSTfJFVbnhb

3-in-1 "collector's edition" of the Pokemon Adventures manga (it's good - check it out).

y4mdn0qgAr9KadP7BQIIc3ZtI-yL8rAE79d_V0xW

Again it was cheap so picked it up. Watched it yesterday and I enjoyed it. Think you need to be a Pokemon fan to get the most out of it as the story is pretty standard.

y4makJWeNj-vjlqzMCVdqe9otTVxnGZY_C6Pg9zA

Pokemon Unqio t-shirts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a couple of cheap games on sale as birthday gifts for last week:

91nbFzUI2DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Alan-Wake-American-Nightmare-Box-Art.jpg

bgandehd_nakedboxshot_mobile_158324.jpg

lost-ember---button-fin-1574462410855.jp

81Q4KtIZKiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I've played all but Lost Ember previously. The Crew 2 was simply because I wanted a racing game as I've been plowing through the likes of Dirt and V Rally 4 and have already tackled Forza Horizon 3 and 4 in the last year so it's something to pick at over the next few weeks. Already finished up both Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Lost Ember and made a dent in Beyond Good and Evil HD. Sleeping Dogs will be my 3rd time through it but it's a great game and it's a crying shame that United Front Games went under because a sequel would have been fantastic this gen.

Also put in a pre-order for:

91Afume2xyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Again, played 1 and 2 (though I've never finished the second as I always seemed to run out of steam near the end) but wanted something to plug away at slowly on the Switch and I wasn't feeling up to taking on Xenoblade Chronicles again (100 hours or so first time doing the main story and everything else is something I don't know if I can be bothered sitting through a second time, even if there's new content).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Happenstance said:

146287_medium.jpg?t=1460548054227845_medium.jpg?t=1553784995263782_medium.jpg?t=1588108271
 

Ok yes, I might have a bit of an addiction.

61hVvkcNuVL._AC_SS400_.jpg51oPDwvh8oL._AC_SS400_.jpgdragon-lord-88-films.jpg

...It seems I also have a problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, martinist said:

61hVvkcNuVL._AC_SS400_.jpg51oPDwvh8oL._AC_SS400_.jpgdragon-lord-88-films.jpg

...It seems I also have a problem.

At least we have a problem together

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

miracles_3d_800x.jpg?v=1572284164

Another one to add to the collection.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miracles_3d_800x.jpg?v=1572284164
Another one to add to the collection.
I've not seen that one, is it good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bob said:

I've not seen that one, is it good?

I don't know. I've never seen it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't know. I've never seen it.
How about now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are rumours that nobody has ever seen it, not even Jackie. It just appeared in his movie library one day and nobody knows where it came from.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

71CLO1n-iPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

u_10188019.jpg

Moved to a new place and it has a dumb TV so I went to buy the latter and in the process saw the former was reduced and thought I'd treat myself. It's one of those things I've always kind of wanted but figured it was frivolous but meh I'm not travelling and will be here for a while so why not. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



It's one of those things I've always kind of wanted but figured it was frivolous but meh I'm not travelling and will be here for a while so why not. 


Both offer limitless possibilities for extraordinary experiences, so that's understandable.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bob said:


 

 


Both offer limitless possibilities for extraordinary experiences, so that's understandable.
 

 

So do I tbh

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hue stuff is great. I used to have my whole apartment fitted with them and it was great being able to control everything from one place or have the lights come on automatically at certain times.

The last few places I've lived in have all had the lighting in single piece fittings that don't use regular bulbs so I haven't been able to use them. When we eventually move into our own place having smart lighting will be very high on the list of things to put in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, will' said:

The Hue stuff is great. I used to have my whole apartment fitted with them and it was great being able to control everything from one place or have the lights come on automatically at certain times.

The last few places I've lived in have all had the lighting in single piece fittings that don't use regular bulbs so I haven't been able to use them. When we eventually move into our own place having smart lighting will be very high on the list of things to put in.

I used to have one of those light lamp things and found it really useful for getting to sleep and waking up but I gave it to my nan when I went on my trip so I'm looking forward to having something similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

184950?w=1480&h=1110&qlt=75&v=1
Ordered myself an e-bike to help with the occasional commuting (when I finally get back to work) and to just generally try and get fitter. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preordered a Sony Xperia 1 Mark 2 (awful name). 
Comes with the WH-1000XM3 headphones which I’ve eyed up for a while now. 

rpZNfd8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

It’s an expensive phone, (£1100 outright or thereabouts) but the o2 refresh trick means it will cost about £790 and the free headphones too make it a pretty sweet deal. If I don’t like the headphones I could sell them on and make it even cheaper!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites