NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

CurrysPCWorld

I thought it wasn't too bad until you said Currys, just never let them fix it.

Otherwise, I had a HP a long while back, lovely machines.

I thought it wasn't too bad until you said Currys, just never let them fix it.

Otherwise, I had a HP a long while back, lovely machines.

I'll just ask the IT guy at work :p

Just ordered flowers to be delivered to mom for Mother's day (well they will be delivered two days early but meh). Hope they are gonna look as nice as the pic online!

28093-sunbeam.jpg

Bought nearly all my components to build my first PC today (for gaming), takes so much longer than you'd think to research what the best / cost efficient components are. Should be fun working out how to put most of it together!

51KcxjL7JTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

£55 - Antec 300 two case with usb 3.0 (ebuyer.com) - Has front USB 3.0 ports, apparently very airy to prevent overheating. Woot?

asrock-z77_extreme4_extra2.jpg

£110 - ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard (dabs.com) - Seems pretty slick from reviews and supports crossfire/SLI with front USB 3.0 connectors too.

51LSPkeUvLL._AA300_.jpg

£39.97- 8GB Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Low Profile Vengeance 1600MHz RAM (Amazon) - Wow, RAM sure got cheap these days.

51%2B1zfDohhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

£175 - Intel Ivy Bridge Core i5-3570K Processor (Amazon) - almost the same price as the Sandy Bridge and marginally better. It's unlocked (hence the K) so should be able to get this up to at least 4.5GHz.

w0288855_newpage.jpg

£28.50- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO processor cooler (ebuyer.com). One of the best apparently.

w0266526_newpage.jpg

£89 - Crucial 128GB M4 SSD (ebuyer.com) - Should make mincemeat of OS bootup and general load times

w0164950_newpage.jpg

£109.26-Corsair CMPSU-750HX Professional Series 750W Power Supply (ebuyer.com) - Quite pricey but worth every penny. Modular so no cable clutter, 7 year warranty and one of the most efficient and trusted. Got more wattage than I needed to allow for crossfire if I want to do that at some point.

35-209-005-05.jpg

£10 - 2 x Antec TriCool 120mm 3 speed fan (amazon). - Fans...umm...fans. :p

Still need to buy:

MSI-R7850-Twin-Frozr-2GD5OC.jpg

£200 - Radeon HD 7850 2048MB GDDR5 Twin Frozr III graphics card (awaiting stock on Novatech). Seems to be an amazingly efficient/low temperature card that can easily be overclocked to equal top tier cards.

Already have:

Keyboard/mouse/HDD/DVD-RW/Win7

Comes to a fair bit but should last quite a while. :)

£40-

20444396_500x500_1.jpg

had to be done. I've yet to see season 5 of Dexter, and did want them all on dvd anyway, so all seasons for £40. Sold!

19S37BCRM_normal.jpg

I threw my one from uni out and given the weather doesn't seem to want to improve..

A scarf. It's got birds drawn on it, it's a little easier to see in person.

I did see the birds, but I'm still having a hard time seeing it's a scarf. :heh: It looks pretty, though. :)

PushingDaisies_S1_Blu_final.jpg

My life was made infinitely better by this purchase and a steal at £5.

Where from? I needs it!

(And then I'll have to import Season 2, which thankfully is region free)

Just spent about £50* on (3) tickets to see these hipsters from Mars play in London and Birmingham in October.

fun_painted_photo_small.jpg

Means I'll see them 4 times these year! Shame I can't make the NYC tickets I booked, would be nice to see them 5 times in a year.

*seemingly most of that on Ticketmaster handling charges. £12.50 ticket plus £1.25 booking fee + £5.50 delivery. In fact that's half the cost of the ticket itself!

Edited by Ashley

You have a problem, Ashley.

It may be time for an intervention.

As I see/justify it they very rarely come here (although coming here a few times this year...) so enjoy it while I can!

I did see the birds, but I'm still having a hard time seeing it's a scarf. :heh: It looks pretty, though. :)

I think it's already bunched up. Imagine it spiralled up with the neck hole at the top.

Or it's not bunched up, and nigthwolf has a really weird shaped neck.

I think it's already bunched up. Imagine it spiralled up with the neck hole at the top.

Yeah, that's what I figured as well. It just looks ... weird, somehow.

Bought recently

TheSims3cover-1-.jpg

2 add-ons as well, works well on my pretty naff computer.

Nickelback_Twitter_response.jpg

2 tickets for them in October, rewarding myself for when my contract expires in September.

Aww, man. I had so much fun with The Sims 3 until the save file became too large and I couldn't save anymore. I haven't touched the game since. :sad:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Aww, man. I had so much fun with The Sims 3 until the save file became too large and I couldn't save anymore. I haven't touched the game since. :sad:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

How big? :blank: