NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

blackberry-passport02.jpg

Announced today, available today, bought today!

That's how you launch a product. Things a power house, despite its strange appearance...! Deffo a marmite phone. I, however am in love. :heart:

BlackBerry Passport tis called.

I love the BB OS. Been waiting on this phone a while and they held an event for it today and then made it available at 3 straight after.

It's definitely not for everyone, and it will take some getting used to, but I'm all for something different in a market of candy bar rectangle iPhone rip offs. Plus it's more than capable of competing with what else is on the market as it's specced up to fuck!

Plus, dat keypad precision.

@Aneres11, looking at prices, it may be worth looking into importing it from America. The shipping will likely be cheaper than the ~£90 price difference (that's taking into account 20% tax, too).

@Aneres11, looking at prices, it may be worth looking into importing it from America. The shipping will likely be cheaper than the ~£90 price difference (that's taking into account 20% tax, too).

Too late now, it's opened! Plus I'd hate waiting haha and wouldn't you be slapped with an income charge too? But yeah, the UK are priced a bit more than everywhere else it seems - apart from Canada, ironically.

It's bigggg. But the screen is really nice. Also, the buttons are the biggest of any BB qwerty I've seen, though I agree they look small in that picture.

It's bigggg. But the screen is really nice. Also, the buttons are the biggest of any BB qwerty I've seen, though I agree they look small in that picture.

Does the layout make it awkward to type on?

Does the layout make it awkward to type on?

It doesn't tbh. It just requires an hour or so getting accustomed to the keyboard and then you're good to go.

Best thing about it though is the keyboard doubles as a track pad, so rather than use the screen to scroll a web page etc, just drag your thumb over the keyboard and it does the same thing, only smoother.

BB10 also remembers your word choices and suggests a next word for you as you type. They appear as a row of three above the keyboard on screen and you just swipe up on the keypad underneath the word and it 'flicks' the word up into your message / mail. If you make a mistake just drag your thumb from right to left on the keypad and it deletes the whole word. Can't praise it enough tbh.

Definitely recommend getting your hands on one if you can, just for curiosity sakes more than anything! You might hate it, but then again you could really like it!

Best thing about it though is the keyboard doubles as a track pad, so rather than use the screen to scroll a web page etc, just drag your thumb over the keyboard and it does the same thing, only smoother.

So you have to move your thumb over several raised keys and it's... smoother?

BB10 also remembers your word choices and suggests a next word for you as you type. They appear as a row of three above the keyboard on screen

Ah, my Xperia Z2 does that, but sometimes I prefer not to use it as to not sully my typing skillz.

So you have to move your thumb over several raised keys and it's... smoother?

Ah, my Xperia Z2 does that, but sometimes I prefer not to use it as to not sully my typing skillz.

No I mean the scroll is smoother not the actual feel of physically dragging yout thumb across the keys compared to the screen. It feels slightly more precise. Can't really explain why, guess you'd need to have a go to understand.

No I mean the scroll is smoother not the actual feel of physically dragging yout thumb across the keys compared to the screen. It feels slightly more precise. Can't really explain why,

Its because the buttons give you tactile feedback, so you know that when you move your finger across X number of buttons and feel their indentations across your fingertip you'll move an equivalent X amount of pixels on screen. Its the same difference between having a hard, defined scroll wheel on a mouse that clicks with each tug and a smooth, soft scroll wheel that just spins and spins.

Its because the buttons give you tactile feedback, so you know that when you move your finger across X number of buttons and feel their indentations across your fingertip you'll move an equivalent X amount of pixels on screen. Its the same difference between having a hard, defined scroll wheel on a mouse that clicks with each tug and a smooth, soft scroll wheel that just spins and spins.

I get the mouse reference, tis most convenient on the PC.

No I mean the scroll is smoother not the actual feel of physically dragging yout thumb across the keys compared to the screen. It feels slightly more precise. Can't really explain why, guess you'd need to have a go to understand.

I really must give this a go because I can't see how (despite being tactile feedback) this would work that scrolling through a page via a predetermined difference per press is somehow more precise than just slowing your thumb [relevant finger] movement.

I get the mouse reference, tis most convenient on the PC.

I really must give this a go because I can't see how (despite being tactile feedback) this would work that scrolling through a page via a predetermined difference per press is somehow more precise than just slowing your thumb [relevant finger] movement.

There is no press. The keypad is an entire trackpad. I find the smaller area to drag your thumb over makes it slightly easier, but that's me. Like you say maybe you should just go try it.

That is actually the first Blackberry I like (design-wise). I thought the form factor would be weird when you use it to actually call someone, but the thing is smaller than I thought.

The chesters look like they'll be here to stay, it's just the white ones that aren't :)

Ah good, from the e-mail I got I was under the impression they all were limited. But if that´s not the case, I´ll get one later.. The white one, yeah, is slightly nicer, but currently I´m not in the market for a $ 150,- pluche unfortunately.

Edited by Sméagol

Ah good, from the e-mail I got I was under the impression they all were limited. But if that´s not the case, I´ll get one later.. The white one, yeah, is slightly nicer, but currently I´m not in the market for a $ 150,- pluche unfortunately.

No me either, but the email said just the white chesters were limited, probably why they are so expensiv.

The orange - original Chester is $40 :) So much more reasonable!

Just got this.

10949183-1398346937-880548.jpg

I'm not getting any joy in the romance department anyway, so I may as well not get any joy with style :p

When itr arrived earlier, I came to the realisation that it very nearly matches my site's colour scheme

Just got this.

I'm not getting any joy in the romance department anyway, so I may as well not get any joy with style :p

When itr arrived earlier, I came to the realisation that it very nearly matches my site's colour scheme

That reminds me of these

il_fullxfull.506926423_jkaa.jpg

il_fullxfull.506926487_gdwe.jpg

Wear it, have your smartphone ready - your site loaded; talk to a beautiful lady: "Hey, wanna know what's as green and grey as my hoodie?"

BAM. You whip your dick smartphone out: "Yeah, that's right. I'm the owner of the largest Pokémon site in the world..."

Then the old reliable:

"...and that's not even the biggest thing I have."

#MissionSerebii

(then you can whip it out if you want)

Call me crazy, but I think it's bulletproof.

tl;dr When in doubt, whip it out.

I'm pretty sure his dick isn't bulletproof and I would advise against testing that theory.

Just got this.

I'd get the boyfriend that if he liked Zelda.

:awesome: #justsayin

I finally got an invite from OnePlus to buy their phone, but it expires in about 12 hours and I don't have the money to buy it right away. I'm willing to part with it if anyone wants it since I'd hate for it to go to waste. My only request is you send me an invite once you've made the purchase so I can buy it at a later date.

I'd get the boyfriend that if he liked Zelda.

:awesome: #justsayin

But I like Zelda :blank:

#icrievrytiem