NEurope
Ashley

What Have You Bought?

Plus, he pre-ordered it from GAME, and as such will get double points on his reward card.

Thank you Game Live Radio.

From Download Festival

2305618996564040_1.jpg

great-britain-union-jack-black-4386b.gif

TA23.jpg

upimg6%5CGuitar-Bottle-Opener-Key-Chain_174706.jpg

Program - Download-Festival-2011sm.jpg

and for my girlfriend - giraffe%20umbrella.jpg

and a shit load of money on food and drink :)

Awesome weekend, but i'm still fucked from it.

portal-2-ps3-box-art-rating-pending.jpg

The third (I'm not kidding) time I've ordered this. First two copies haven't arrived...this time it has to arrive.

Iron-Man-2-Cover.png

batman_begins_blu_ray.jpg

51d4gH8TPYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This.

Most if not all games come with pre-order bonuses these days.

Plus, he pre-ordered it from GAME, and as such will get double points on his reward card.

They're also special editions, which are often hard to get if you don't pre-order them.

Pre-ordering from online retailers also means you can often get the game a day early!!!

Just to clarify, I have no issue with pre-ordering. I pre-order the big games all the time, for bonuses, for GAME points, to make sure they don't sell out, for the possibility of getting the game 1-2 days early or all of the above.

My comment was about pre-ordering 10 months before the release date, and the possibility that a much better price might arise nearer the time.

The third (I'm not kidding) time I've ordered this. First two copies haven't arrived...this time it has to arrive.

At this point I'm surprised you haven't just walked to a shop to buy it. :heh:

At this point I'm surprised you haven't just walked to a shop to buy it. :heh:

I'll gladly wait and pay 45€ instead of paying 69€ at a shop.

Need a better PC, then you only have to wait for the download to complete ;-)

Just to clarify, I have no issue with pre-ordering. I pre-order the big games all the time, for bonuses, for GAME points, to make sure they don't sell out, for the possibility of getting the game 1-2 days early or all of the above.

My comment was about pre-ordering 10 months before the release date, and the possibility that a much better price might arise nearer the time.

Most online places (GAME included) have a policy where you get the lowest pre-order price no matter what the final price ends up at. So if the price went up by a fiver closer to release you'd still get it cheaper and don't have to pay in advance.

There's no loss involved in pre-ordering items early.

Need a better PC, then you only have to wait for the download to complete ;-)

I thought that, but then encountered the dep problem thats mentioned on the forums, luckily portal 2 works on my laptop, christ I was pissed at the time.

Most online places (GAME included) have a policy where you get the lowest pre-order price no matter what the final price ends up at. So if the price went up by a fiver closer to release you'd still get it cheaper and don't have to pay in advance.

There's no loss involved in pre-ordering items early.

Will you stop going on about GAME? :heh: you're not getting paid on commission.

I know that you will get the lowest price from that retailer. But a different retailer might beat it. The day your enters "ready for dispatch", you might see that ShopTo are doing it £5 cheaper, for example.

I know that you will get the lowest price from that retailer. But a different retailer might beat it. The day your enters "ready for dispatch", you might see that ShopTo are doing it £5 cheaper, for example.

Understandably, but if there's retailer exclusive DLC that you fancy then why not? Like I said there's no harm done in pre-ordering a game early. It's not a permanent thing, they can be cancelled at any time.

Will you stop going on about GAME? :heh: you're not getting paid on commission.

No. As you know we are a gaming forum and GAME are of course, a gaming company. I talk about them because I work for them and know the advantages and disadvantages of certain products and services. When I do, I feel that it could be useful information for the members here. It's not me advertising the company at all (heaven knows they don't need it) but since I work for them and get useful information then I will of course pass it on to members looking for a good deal/understanding why they should pre-order/benefits of pre-ordering.

It's incredibly frustrating to have to deal with customers not fully understanding pre-orders, especially when they are the type that come in and are clued up on everything about games but pre-orders. "Why wouldn't you want double points? Don't you like getting money off?" I always think to myself..

Though ShopTo are almost always cheaper, so I recommend them for launch unless there's some sort of exclusive you've got your eyes on.

Not to mention that there are still people who don't use the internet to order stuff..

Honestly if I'd ordered portal 2 three times I'd have gone in and bought it, screwwww that. :P

Purchases I've made over the last few days:

AAAADM9V30EAAAAAAVbmnQ.jpg?v=1305571498000

5587779.jpg - £5

delphic_acolyte.jpg - £5

ghost_trick_boxart_US-150x150.jpg - £10

th41279724679Samba%20Super%20suede%20-%20navy%20white.jpg - £40

123660726.jpg - £30

And a pair of jeans for £25. :shakehead Must not spend so much money

CrBAA.jpg

My family is going to pick up this cute mini labradoodle on Saturday. Will be lovely to see it next week when I go home to visit. Never had dogs in our house before!

Nando's picture reminds me that I still haven't finished Hotel Dusk. But the top screen on my DS came off recently, so it's kind of a pain to use now. :hmm:

And the puppy is adorable, obviously. It's too bad they're at their cutest when they're the most work!

cars%2B2%2BTokyo.jpgjohn_lasseter_cars2.jpg

Ticket for Cars 2 followed by a Q&A with John Lasseter. £9.75.