N-Europe

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection

Happenstance

Selling the games separately is just for Japan, isn't it? I know I've seen box art with both games in the same case. Unless they've changed their minds.

I never got around to playing ICO, so I'm looking forward to this. I did play Shadow of the Colossus and found it rather dull, but I'd be willing to give it another chance.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems veeeeery slow but enjoying them mildly at the moment. The first boss in colossus took me ages !! Hopefully they get better as I felt I must have been missing something as the protagonist was too easily thrown off the colossus. Is there a way to stop this?

Anyway...very atmospheric games and the 3D is pretty cool too.

Ok now I see the circle is the grip'o meter. Makes things easier!

Moogle - can I just slash at those lizards running about to lop their tails off?

ICO is SOoooo slow. Took me an age to get round a massive metal block etc after a roller coaster moment and then found I was near the beginning. Is this like a maze game too?

Moogle - can I just slash at those lizards running about to lop their tails off?

Yep.

ICO is SOoooo slow. Took me an age to get round a massive metal block etc after a roller coaster moment and then found I was near the beginning. Is this like a maze game too?

Maybe a little, although the castle is constructed like an actual building in that everything links in a plausible way.

This thread is making me really want a PS3.

Edited by Supergrunch

Yeah but it's hard to get near them. Using the bow is easier.

Also for mad funz with your grip-tastic skills. You can grab onto eagles and ride them for a while. There's one just south-west (I think) of the temple. It flies near you so you can jump from your horse onto it.

EDIT: Also you can increase your health bar by eating fruit from certain trees. There's not many about though (or at least I didn't find many).

Edited by MoogleViper

EDIT: Also you can increase your health bar by eating fruit from certain trees. There's not many about though (or at least I didn't find many).

So far I've found more fruit than lizards. I just head to any group of trees I see and there is usually one or two pieces of fruit growing somewhere in the group.

I've only found lizards on save shrines so far. Not sure if they lurk elsewhere.

So far I've found more fruit than lizards. I just head to any group of trees I see and there is usually one or two pieces of fruit growing somewhere in the group.

I've only found lizards on save shrines so far. Not sure if they lurk elsewhere.

Pretty much all trees have a load of fruit (usually 3-4 pieces if I recall correctly), but it can be really hard to notice. And you only get white-tailed lizards around save shrines - there are plain black ones elsewhere, but they have no tail to eat.

Started playing SotC yesterday. I knew nothing about the game except that it had large bosses and is supposedly brilliant.

The game is so far rather...different. I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this - the Colossi don't seem to be doing much harm to anyone. Seems rather cruel.

It's also a lot emptier than I expected. Apart from the God thing and dead woman, I've only met three Colossi. The third of which I gave up on after falling up constantly. I've made it up one arm (with the bridge sword) and killed the first glowing spot, I know I have to jump onto the other arm but I can't seem to climb up it in time before my stamina runs out and I fall off.

Started playing SotC yesterday. I knew nothing about the game except that it had large bosses and is supposedly brilliant.

The game is so far rather...different. I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this - the Colossi don't seem to be doing much harm to anyone. Seems rather cruel.

It's also a lot emptier than I expected. Apart from the God thing and dead woman, I've only met three Colossi. The third of which I gave up on after falling up constantly. I've made it up one arm (with the bridge sword) and killed the first glowing spot, I know I have to jump onto the other arm but I can't seem to climb up it in time before my stamina runs out and I fall off.

You're murdering them solely to have the woman brought back to life. Although all becomes clear towards the end.

You can collect lizard's tails which will make your stamina deplete slower. They are usually found on/around save towers.

I can't believe it! I completed it on PS2 without knowing about (or using) either of these things. Oh well, just shows it can be done without them, as useful as they sound. It's not a particularly difficult or frustrating game, in my opinion, and better than ICO (although that's still worth playing).

I agree, although they do attack you when they see you. I do hate attacking innocent things though, and I wonder if that would put me off games like Monster Hunter!

I can't believe it! I completed it on PS2 without knowing about (or using) either of these things. Oh well, just shows it can be done without them, as useful as they sound. It's not a particularly difficult or frustrating game, in my opinion, and better than ICO (although that's still worth playing).

Yeah they certainly aren't necessary. But if you're struggling with a particular boss then snatching a few tails/fruit can make it a little easier.

I agree, although they do attack you when they see you. I do hate attacking innocent things though, and I wonder if that would put me off games like Monster Hunter!

Same, I don't think I knew about them either :heh:

Also I hate Monster Hunter... Killing them feels mean to me. At least in SoTC I had a reason, and he felt burdened by it. Though the main reason I hate Monster Hunter is the sheer boredom. Sure you're killing big monsters but it takes absolutely ages of repetitive fighting.

Where are these so-called Lizards?

You can collect lizard's tails which will make your stamina deplete slower. They are usually found on/around save towers.

Pretty much all trees have a load of fruit (usually 3-4 pieces if I recall correctly), but it can be really hard to notice. And you only get white-tailed lizards around save shrines - there are plain black ones elsewhere, but they have no tail to eat.

If only somebody had said.

Apparently going out of your way for lizards/fruit other than for the trophy is a waste of time (although if you happen across some you may as well). The stamina gains you get from re-killing colossi later are meant to be much better.

Wait, doing what?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!