ReZourceman

Linkin Park

Their new album came out today.

LinkinParkATSCover.jpg&t=1

Listening to it now. Will report back.

*Awaits the inevitable wave of haters*

*Awaits the inevitable wave of haters*

:awesome:

Though I remember liking that one of theirs with an anime-ish video.

EDIT:

Think I just liked it for the video.

I saw the advert yesterday and said they were "the biggest selling rock band of the decade" (2000's or 2010's?). I want to know their definitions and data source!

I'm a LP fan, but I'm not sure if I'm liking this new album. The Catalyst and Blackout are great songs, but there's far too much filler non-sense, political speech crap and what not in between the tracks. Like the fourth track is 18 seconds of pointlessness.

After 2 or 3 listens, I'm thinking this makes Minutes to Midnight awesome and that was mediocre compared to the first two albums.

Edited by Ramar

I saw the advert yesterday and said they were "the biggest selling rock band of the decade" (2000's or 2010's?). I want to know their definitions and data source!

late nineties early noughties... they were a few of the first "proper" mainstream "numetal" bands.

I love love love linkin park :)

I will get round to picking this album up.. at some point!

late nineties early noughties... they were a few of the first "proper" mainstream "numetal" bands.

I think it was pretty much them and Limp Bizkit who started the whole thing.

Linkin Park stayed consistently good, whereas Limp Bizkit just became shit (Looking back, they weren't great to begin with).

Even though the remix albums were basically milking the cash cow, they were actually pretty good.

Also liked the song they did with the Xecutioners. Poor old Wayne Static never gets a mention, despite playing the lead instrument:

Edited by Goafer

It may be their more mainstream stuff, but I think In The End is a great song...

And also really like What I've Done...

Edited by Retro_Link

Id add Papa Roach to that as well

Oh yeah. They were pretty ace back in the day. Still love Blood Brothers. Reminds me of Tony Hawk 2.

Last I head, Papa Roach had gone all emo. I think they're still going.

It may be their more mainstream stuff, but I think In The End is a great song...

Both the song you posted are awesome.

Shit, I feel a Linkin Park phase coming on...

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

Oh yeah. They were pretty ace back in the day. Still love Blood Brothers. Reminds me of Tony Hawk 2.

Both the song you posted are awesome.

If anything Papa Roach have got better with age, check out Metamorphosis its a quality album.

They kinda were emo at the beginning too :P

Yay linkin park phase!

I'm sure the new album was playing in HMV earlier today when I was in. At first I wasn't sure it was them but I recognised the lead singer's tone yet the songs that were playing were far from what I'd expect from them. Was softer in tone than their normal stuff which was kind of strange but it was nice enough.

I sort of grew out of Linkin Park in my early teens, although I still have a soft spot for the stuff they did with Jay-Z which I really liked. Numb/Encore was a good mix up and it's still something I go back to and listen every now and then, unlike the rest of their stuff which I haven't touched in probably 6 or 7 years.

Maybe I'll give the album a listen. I'm more open minded about music now (although I still won't actively listen to them, I've started to tolerate the earlier Guns'N'Roses stuff whereas before I would literally walk out of the room).

Edited by Ganepark32

I think it was pretty much them and Limp Bizkit who started the whole thing.

Linkin Park stayed consistently good, whereas Limp Bizkit just became shit (Looking back, they weren't great to begin with).

Even though the remix albums were basically milking the cash cow, they were actually pretty good.

Also liked the song they did with the Xecutioners. Poor old Wayne Static never gets a mention, despite playing the lead instrument:

I hear ya. Reanimation is just so so soooo good.

I think I only liked one or two songs from Reanimation (probably the two Goafer posted). I prefer Linkin Park when they are more rocky/metaly then rappy.

I can be one of the wave of haterz?

In the End is about all I can tolerate from them. As for The Catalyst....well it's shit. I feel he's singing far to slowly for the reverb effect and it bugs me.

Anyone seen them live?

I saw them back in January '08 at the O2, it was a quality gig. But I was seated (or at least standing in front of my seat) which is a bit pants. It was awesome how they embelished the music that little bit, so it wasn't like listening to the cds, not to mention they then released mp3s of the gig which saved me coming home and creating a playlist of the set. :P

I would have gone to see them later in the year had it not been the O2 again and tickets weren't about a tenner more than the last time I saw them..

Downloading it now, will have to wait though, really enjoying The Script's new album at the moment.

Downloading it now, will have to wait though, really enjoying The Script's new album at the moment.

I need both albums NOW!!! :o

Anyone seen them live?

Me! I saw them a Sonisphere a year ago and they were truly epic, they basically played every song you'd expect them too plus a few you wouldn't, was great fun singing along with the whole crowd though. ^^

Their latest album is good... but not amazing, I like the fact that they've tried to do something different from their previous albums but it is a bit grating in places, though it may require a few more listens for me to actually appreciate it for what it is... It'd almost feel unfair if I called it a letdown but in part it is, especially after reading the sleevenotes just before listening, then again I didn't actually know the album was even coming out until a week or two ago so I can't say I was really 'hyped' it was just 'oh! new LP album' *pre-orders*

As an album it's nicely put together but there's a lot of filler that really doesn't need to be there, anyone hoping for a return to form will be simultaneously surprised and dissapointed as on one level it sounds better than Minutes to Midnight due to the many different layers it has but as you slowly start to peel away the layers you see that some of it isn't that substantial and you can't help but want more of the overly loud vocal tracks accompanied by 'bad-ass' bass that the band used to be famous for.

It's both a triumph for not playing largely to expectations and a slight letdown for abandoning certain elements which used to work well for the band, overall it's still good and is better than some bands could muster but equally there are better bands out there; if you're a fan of LP though of course it's still worth buying, I'd just advise going into it with an open mind and having no real preconceived idea of what it 'should' be like, if you can do these two things then you're more likely to enjoy it as a whole rather than being left wanting more of what's just not there.

I have to say I'm a massive LP fan, have been for years..but this new album is j-ju...just crap!

UTTER CRAP.

I hate it.. :(

Crawwllinnnnnnggggggggggggggg innnnnn myy skinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Man, what a shit song.

Thankfully, Meteora is a fantastic album and I loved Minutes to Midnight and Collision Course. I saw them down the road at MK Bowl in Summer 2008 with Jay-Z, quality.

Downloaded the new album and I must say it is very different from normal Linkin Park. That's not to say it's bad, I actually like it a lot. I'm on song 16 right now and haven't disliked any of them. Normally I only like 4 songs on an album, unless it's Beyonce, but this is different. I really like the new album.

I'm convinced that if they'd taken the 5 actual songs on the album, got rid of all the shit pointless parts they could have made a some what decent 5 track EP.