N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 15: On Your Talent Agent's Secret Service

Haden

premier-league-badge.gif

Guessed tactics are just an incomplete strategy

Coming to a complete stop, stop

Noodle is so clever he will tear us apart

Silverdale 2-1 DuDs Baggies

Silverdale secured their first win of the season with a close victory against the Baggies. Silverdale played 4-4-2 while Baggies played an unusual 5-3-2 formation, Sidwell got onto the score sheet early with a pin point accurate shot into the top right hand corner. Hope sent the home crowd wild as he thumped home a vicious free kick to make it 2-0. Unbelievably though it was Baggies who were making all the chances, Silverdale only had 2! Baggies had 6 but it was only the captain Zipper who found the net with a looping header. In what was a close match it was Silverdales attack that made the difference. This was a huge win for Silverdale who shoot out of the relegation zone, while Baggies plunge into it after losing their unbeaten record.

Noodle Esporte Clube 4-3 Dysonism F.C

In a big shock Noodle recorded their first win against Dysonism in their 3rd meeting. The game was the best value for the neutral as it went back and forth to a dramatic finish. Noodle played 4-4-2 against a 3-4-3 Dysonism set up, Barros put the home side ahead with a lob that caught out the Dysonism goalie. Twigg put through Spirito who took it past the Noodle goalie to make it 1-1 but Noodle went into half time with the lead thanks to a late De Barros header. There was a lull in the action until the 72nd minute when Twigg again the provider teed up Aiston for a curling long shot to make it 2-2. Until Noodle again took the lead when Ashdown hit the ball past a mass of bodies in the Dysonism penalty box! With 6 minutes to go Sandford muscled himself some space and headed the ball through the hands of a upset Noodle goalie. The away crowd went wild but their cheers were deafened by the home section 4 minutes later when Vincinte curled the ball into the top right hand corner to send the home crowd into rapture. This was the most epic football match so far this season in any league and a huge boost for a Noodle side that looked unsure of itself previously. Dysonism aren't used to losing, they played well but now need to reestablish their authority.

Mcoys Sons 3-1 Roostophe Rovers

The Sons left it late to beat Rovers in a game featuring two very different styles. The Sons set up a 4-5-1 and made 8 chances but a weaker attack while Rovers played 3-5-2 with a stronger attack but only 2 chances. The Sons ability to win midfield battles like Madpool is making them a formidable team to face, Gaye put the Sons ahead with a close range shot after 35 minutes. Veteran Bond scored in the 50th minute converting a rare Rovers chance to equalize. Mcoys Sons midfielder Gaye was barged off the ball and injured in the process soon after this goal, the youth Alvardo came on to replace him. The substitution proved to be inspired, Curtis set up Alvardo who pinged the ball in off the post to make it 2-1 with 5 minutes to spare, what a dream debut this season for the youngster! Fitzgerald found his way past the tired Rovers defense to put the icing on the cake with a 3rd before the end. Sons won the midfield battle and won the game, with a victory that will reignite their season. As for Rovers they badly need to find a win from somewhere soon.

Haden United 1-2 Madpool

Madpool gained huge momentum as they beat United away in a thrilling match that affects the title race even at this stage. United went for blood with a 3-4-3 formation against Madpools 4-5-1, however as a quiet 1st half wound down Hiles hit a diving header into the back of the United net. After the break United went on the attack and it was no surprise that Weesle found Marconossi who flicked the ball past a hapless Madpool goalie. United looked much more likely to score in the 2nd half, but it was Madpool who did when with 3 minutes to go Trainer found Hadley unmarked who drilled it past a stunned United goalie. Madpools side went wild and the referee had to call them back from their fans. United fans seemed shock as a match that was in their hands suddenly went sour. Madpool have got off to a wonderful start while United need to show resolve now.

Most Important Result: Haden United 1-2 Madpool, a huge away win for Madpool puts them firmly top in the league.

Turned on the Style Award: Noodle Esporte Clube, outgunned Dysonism no small feat!

Player of the Day: Niles Alvarado, Mcoys Sons, the youth striker proved to be an inspired super sub who won the game for his club!

Edited by Haden

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

premier-league-badge.gif

"All this 4-4-2 stuff is pretty clear what is this 4-5-1 stuff?"

"It's difficult to say sir unless its connected with one of American formations, whose tactics are of Eskimo origin I'm informed."

"Beh! You bloody well are informed MadDog , informed is exactly the word I would use to describe you if anyone was to ask is their anything you don't know?"

"I really don't know sir."

DuDs Baggies 0-2 Madpool

Baggies bad start got worse and Madpools great start entered into orbit after this game was over. It seems to play with 3 strikers against Madpool is a bit of a curse, striding out with a 4-3-3 formation against Madpools 4-5-1 Baggies were always on the back foot. Madpool yet again controlled the chances 8 to 4, the youth striker Gay in his first start of the season found himself through on goal early and punted it past the Baggies goalie. Madpool had most of the possession and in the 2nd half Gay found a sprinting Hiles in the penalty box who blasted it in off the post to make it 2-0. Madpool were simply incredible as per usual, their midfield was superb but their defense and lone attacker are stepping up to. Madpool vs Dyson will be incredible, as for Baggies a slow start is turning into a very bad one, a tough game against fellow strugglers Rovers is next and they need to try and somehow get a win.

Dysonism F.C 2-0 Silverdale Hotpot

Dysonism were straight back to winning ways after their blip against Noodle with a rather routine win against newcomers Silverdale. Dysonism played 4-4-2 and did well all across the pitch, while Silverdale tried to shock the champions with a 4-3-3 formation. Twigg set up Boland early on to put Dysonism 1-0 up, in their pursuit of a 2nd Dysonism lost some discipline and incurred 4 yellow cards something the manager won't be pleased about. It wouldn't be a Dysonism game without some bizarre substitution, Stenholm the renowned midfielder replaced Dunwell the renowned defender at 67 minutes. Stenhold performed awfully but the rest of the defense made up for his uncertainty, Silverdale youth midfielder Jerome took a nasty hit but should be back within a week. Spirito always seems to pop up with a cheeky assist and crossed the ball in for Twigg to head in his 1st of the season. A good win for Dysonism but Silverdale shouldn't be to upset, their away game against Odwinica must be at the forefront of their mind now.

Roostophe Rovers 1-1 Haden United

In a rather drab ill tempered game United and Rovers played to a stalemate. Rovers played 4-5-1 against a conventional 4-4-2 United, both teams failed to make much headway with only 3 chances in the entire game. This frustration translated into 3 yellow cards a piece, a penalty was also awarded to United that Durov who returned from injury smashed home to the delight of away fans. However United again failed to hold on to an advantage as Rovers got back into it when Monington fed a great ball in for Nugent to score the 6th goal of his 160 game career. But what a vital one for Rovers, their first point this season. United won't be to disappointed with a draw but with Madpool pulling away need to start getting wins again.

Noodle Esporte Clube 1-0 Battlestar Odwinica

Noodle lifted by their victory against Dysonism won a close game against injury stricken Odwinica. Both teams played 4-4-2 but it was Noodle who was the creative force with 6 chances against 2 for Odwinca. Backer in goal for Odwinica was an inspiration batting away Noodle attacks again and again, however on the 69th minute disaster struck. Backer fell awkwardly catching a cross and was stretchered off he will be out for the rest of the month. Youth goalie Biggins replaced him and Noodle sensed their opportunity was now. Ferraz hit in a screamer of a free kick for his first goal of the season 8 minutes from time that left Biggins standing. Noodle fans roared with delight as their team ascended to 3rd in the table. Odwinica stays buried in 8th place wishing the injuries to their older talented players would stop.

Most Important Result: DuDs Baggies 0-2 Madpool, an important away victory, Madpool can't stop winning.

Turned on the Style Award: Madpool, 8 chances and 2 goals away from home easily the best team in the first 4 games of the season.

Player of the Day: Alessandro Ferraz, Noodle Esporte Clube, the captain stepped up and won the game with a blistering free kick.

Edited by Haden

Lol charlie :P Yeah lucked with that -- but you used bruise so it's fair!

I think I've got a strong home advantage this season, so I'm confident I'll survive. Waiting on a couple of hopeful transfers, one 17 4 and the other 18 4, both forwards. Wanted a strong-skilled player to just slide into the side, but I didn't want to have an oldie, and the young strong ones seem to have a reputation of not being able to gel with my team. Just going to have to wait 5 seasons for my boys to mature!

I'm expecting a win against fish next week, tbh.

Ref was only H2 so bruise was the way to go. :p

No, surely cheating would be? Bruise is effectively saying "I see you as a rival therefore I wish to injure your players so that you have a harder time scoring next week." It's in the same league as dirty tricks, on my eyes :P

Bruise is good if you have players that respond well to bruise tactics, but it's like the greed quality - it's not worth it, really.

But yeah, yeah, yeah, it's there and we can all use it :P I just feel like such a VICTIM *sobs*

No, surely cheating would be? Bruise is effectively saying "I see you as a rival therefore I wish to injure your players so that you have a harder time scoring next week." It's in the same league as dirty tricks, on my eyes :P

Bruise is good if you have players that respond well to bruise tactics, but it's like the greed quality - it's not worth it, really.

But yeah, yeah, yeah, it's there and we can all use it :P I just feel like such a VICTIM *sobs*

Mcoy thinks greedy is a brilliant trait, gives a bonus to anyone when there's a bonus in the match :)

You only got one guy lightly injured. The ref was skill 7 though so he would've picked up on the cheating.

high skill but low harshness means the risk can be worth it. You're right though! I barely got scratched so I shouldn't moan :)

Mcoy; I had a striker who was AMAZING when a win-bonus was on... of 1m. Any other amount it didn't seem to affect him. The couple of seasons I had before I sold him were very expensive.

I'm still putting my squad together - trying to get the skills I want in the areas I want so that, eventually, the tactics and squad I pick will have an actual significance!

liga1j.png

Pay attention to the wants and needs of each individual member of your team, and you'll end up with more then just a squad...

Round 4

Chelski FC 3 – 1 Emo Blades

It was not quite a clean sweep but certainly a clean win for Chelski FC over an Emo Blades team suffering an unfortunate down swing in their fortunes. First Basti with a strong header for the home side and Wojcick with a great freekick for the visitors left all things square until after the half-time. No one would describe it as a crushing but despite valiant play the Emo Blades were slowly picked apart by the superior Chelski offence. First Marples scored from a superbly accurate floating cross from Haywood, and as the Blades tired Cotino burst through the rearguard to see Chelski FC finish the game comfortably ahead.

Eights United 2 – 3 Cubic County

It was a five goal thriller at Earth II as visitors Cubic County scraped to a last minute victory against an Eights United squad famished for success. Svanson got the Eights off to a bright start with a header of Yusri, but Cubic soon recovered their nerve with McGovern equalising before half time. Into the second half and it was McGovern again with a header to put Cubic ahead for the first time. The Eights however were having none of it and Bjornas broke through to put it all square. Both sides attacked time and again but it wasn’t until the very last minute of normal time Paddy Gould slipped through to take the devastating winner for Cubic County, only for their star midfielder Maupas to somehow get himself sent off in extra time for wounding Zahora of Eights United. Action, action, action, right up until the final whistle.

Byern Bru 3 – 2 Recall United

It was a brusing day for Recall United as the final score belied an uphill struggle for them to stay on level pegging with the clear ‘League 1 leaders. Bayern dominated the first half, Kit and then people’s hero Brusling splitting the honours with a header each. The waters muddied somewhat in the second half as a refreshed Recall stormed the barricades, Captain Oswald Streep leading the charge and breaking the Bayern defence twice to equalise. Bayern were not about let victory get away from them however and Jons Rundberg slipped through easily to score the winning goal.

AFC Rez’s Rabies 1 – 1 Bayern Fish

It was a slightly more sedate affair at The Breeding Ground but still wasn’t short of moments as the two runners-up from League 2 clashed for the first time since their promotion. A pair of bookings for slightly brash challenges clearly frustrated the Fish in the first half and the Rabies eventually made good, Zellman finding the net just before half time after multiple attempts. The rabies failed to capitalise in the second half and suffered a blow as Fjallstrom suffered an injury and had to limp off. This seemed to upset the Rabies’ system and it was Hammarskjold who took the equaliser with 11 minutes to go.

Most Important Result - Chelski FC 3 – 1 Emo Blades keeps Chelski in touch with Bayern Bru.

Turned on Style – Bayern Bru knock Recall United down a peg.

Player of the Day - Sonny Comer was Chelski FC’s secret agent in the field, discretely setting up plays for the big guns.

Edited by gaggle64

Wow. 9 chances to 1 and I only scored one, mere minutes before the end of the game! My forwards were pretty shite (as always!), and I think playing on careful may've taken some of the venom out of my players... but Fish on normal got 3 yellow cards so I guess it was a safer bet. Some much needed away points for me, nonetheless. Once again, my team's not played well enough for x11/gaggle attention.

Some interesting results elsewhere - jimbob's doing excellently! The league is starting to take shape - that is, the bottom three teams look like they're in for a hard battle to stay up, now. I said at the begininng of the season that I'm aiming just to stay up comfortably, and I think I'm probably about 6 points away from ensuring it.

I fear I've taken on more than I can chew with the amount of forwards I have, but I've decided that I won't acquire any more for at least 6 seasons (!!!). My defense is getting old and it's harder to get their dev. values up (apart from my future-club-legend, Margott Bruce!). I predict Yago Agirre will leave this season (35 years old!), and if I'm unlucky then Rudolf Piechnik (both midfielders) will as well.

Elsewhere; the bottom league is looking pretty defined. Murr's team edging in there but today's draw knocks the wind out of their sails. Madpool takes a surprising bash from Oddy, who now climbs out of the relegation zone. Only DuD is looking set for a fall at the end of the season, and Haden's game in hand means there's two strong contenders for the title with Mcoy having all the hard work to do against some sturdy mid-league teams that always provide a challenge.

... NINE CHANCES TO ONE FFS.

As expected. Funny how 4 of 7 goals were penalty shots and only one unrelated yellow card. My reserve keeper has already reached 11 in dev value after one match so it's back to my best one for a while.

If I don't win my next match against Bayern Fish at home I can kiss the middle league good bye.