NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

I got in, warped to the city, said 'Hey!' and the game crashed...

Mcoy would suggest setting the render distance lower if It's on the high setting.

That's the funniest trailer I've ever seen. I can just imagine a detester of games watching it thinking 'what is this shit? And what's with the epic music?!'

Mcoy would suggest setting the render distance lower if It's on the high setting.

Mcoy was correct as always, as this solved the problem!

The basic structure of the Shaven Haven is complete. Shame it's made of dirt. One day it shall all be made of glass...

I can't get the server to work - first off when I entered the IP it just said it wasn't recognised, and now every time I press connect the game crashes.

So I've been interested in trying this game, so I checked the site yesterday. I loaded the free mode, but it didn't seem like I could do anything in it other than walk around? Is there a mode I can try for free where I can actually do stuff in?

Also, will it run on my 5 year old MacBook with no mouse to control the game? =P

You can place and remove blocks in "classic", which is the only free "mode" available. In order to have the crafting system monsters etc., you'll have to get into the alpha.

My Eee PC 1000H can almost run the game and my 4 years old Laptop (Celeron Core Duo 1,7Ghz, 2GB Ram, Geforce Go 7300) runs the game just fine. I don't see a reason why a slightly aged MacBook wouldn't be able to run it. By reducing the draw distance (F) it's also possible to increase performance.

Hmm how do you place blocks then? I didn't really know what to do. I managed to walk and jump around and hit blocks etc, but couldn't figure out how to place blocks.

You will need a mouse of some some. And my 3 year old laptop with an intregrated chipset has some difficulty running it (the online version just about works, but the client doesn't at all).

Blocks are placed by right-clicking. Yes, a dedicated graphics card of some sort should be there if you want to play the game.

I can't get the server to work - first off when I entered the IP it just said it wasn't recognised, and now every time I press connect the game crashes.

Mcoy was wondering If you're able to connect to other servers ok? Does it come up with any error when you crash?

Mcoy is not 100% sure but he'll see If he can check any logs and get this sorted for you.

Blocks are placed by right-clicking. Yes, a dedicated graphics card of some sort should be there if you want to play the game.

gutted maybe I won't end up getting it then. My only computer these days is a Samsung NC10

@flameboy:

Forget it, then. As I said, My Eee PC 1000H (which has practically identical hardware to the NC10) can almost run it.

Re: Integrated graphics - the 9400M in my laptop can run this game really well.

The Shaven Haven is now made of stone. Now I need to totally overhaul the interior.

@flameboy:

Forget it, then. As I said, My Eee PC 1000H (which has practically identical hardware to the NC10) can almost run it.

I'm quite upset by this news! Honestly! I was going to buy it on my next pay day if I still felt the hype.

I haven't tried the server. Might later. I don't know how much I'll use it, so I hope it's okay if I don't donate. If I suddenly start using it a lot, I can send some monies your way.

Is the idea of this all to explore these random worlds, building multiple homes in order to do so? It's a bit shit if you have to spawn miles away from your civilisation.

Mcoy and Minecraft are two of my favourite things right now.

Spooky Edit: I just completed a glass structure, reminiscent of St Pancras and decided to use Cartograph to get an overview of my map. I've only been playing on this world for a short time and have been focusing all of my attentions on completing the glass building and mining beneath, so it came as a shock when Cartograph spat this out:

l_14ced6397e2643ce8ec51df8dbccf425.jpg

I was terrified. I thought I was alone in this world, but someone else has been slaving away building some wooden tower. I immediately built a boat and went in search of this building and sure enough it's a fully fledged tower. There is a door about halfway up, with a rudimentary staircase leading to it, a work bench and storage containers inside, with a tonne of arrow's and coal, and stairs descending into the earth below.

I don't know whether this is a bug in the game, the work of another human being or just me going crazy but every second I spend in their tower creeps me out.

Yup, sounds a lot like the ghost story. Here's the original:

4c11a1b3_3f91_7974.jpg

As far as I'd understood, the story turned out to be fake. But this story of yours ... Please keep us updated - if you dare keep playing that map.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

I'm quite upset by this news! Honestly! I was going to buy it on my next pay day if I still felt the hype.

You could put together a PC for £200 that could run it.

...minus screen.

Is the idea of this all to explore these random worlds, building multiple homes in order to do so? It's a bit shit if you have to spawn miles away from your civilisation.

When you load your single player it puts you in the exact position where left.

You can also set where you spawn.

It's also still in alpha.

Buy it!

Edited by Wesley
Automerged Doublepost

Press T then type /sethome

Oh, I meant in the Alpha. Is it possible to change your spawn point there?

A few times I've had the game crash on me, and when I reloaded the game, I was frozen in place and constantly got hurt until I died. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Also, I've encountered a bug with Cartographer. If I don't rotate the map - or if I both flip and rotate it - the map is actually mirrored. Anyone know a solution to this?

Seriously, get on the server now, before all the good places are taken! I started this morning and I'm loving it.

Here's a couple of pics of the Shaven Haven from today:

screenshot20101010at205.png

screenshot20101010at231.png

screenshot20101010at232.png

screenshot20101010at234.png

Edited by ShavenWolf

Mcoy has taken a swift look at the map and can say there is plenty of space left around Neurope City. Worse comes to worse some hills can be levelled out and a certain volcano can be extinguished.

Mcoy has taken a swift look at the map and can say there is plenty of space left around Neurope City. Worse comes to worse some hills can be levelled out and a certain volcano can be extinguished.

I'm being a recluse and building my tower(s) next you my awesome waterfall mine. Shame someone built a sky bridge to it...