NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

I was thinking of filling in the gaps with wood too.

Might be sweet.

The whole city you guys have created is incredible!

Can't seem to connect to Minecraft.net now though...

Just read a tweet from Notch, hes trying to fix the server now and it'll probably be working in about 30 mins.

Aw Damn, I'm pretty nackered now to be honest.

I'll be on it at some points during work tomorrow though.

I need to create a big Mario or something in the sky.

Just a couple more pics from tonight...

screenshot20101012at000.png

screenshot20101012at000.png

screenshot20101012at001.png

screenshot20101012at001.png

If you haven't spent the £8-or-so on this game yet, you're really missing out.

Mcoy was wondering If you're able to connect to other servers ok? Does it come up with any error when you crash?

Mcoy is not 100% sure but he'll see If he can check any logs and get this sorted for you.

Other servers work fine (although kind of laggy on this computer). I used to get an error log after pressing connect, but now it just says "Failed to connect to the server. Unknown host '85.236.100.199'." Sadly I don't have a better PC to test things on right now.

Edit: Yay, it worked after I entered the IP from the online thread! But that should be the same, right? Will have to test some more.

Edited by Supergrunch

Damn, your towers are coming on fast - I really need to up the tempo. Fortunately, I have tonight free - it's time for some serious civil engineering! :awesome:

Now I don't even dare enter the server. Anything I could build would be embarrassing in comparison. T.T

I've said (almost) the same thing. I just said I would pale in comparison.

Then I got bored with my mine and went a ways out of town and started to build something...I don't even know what yet.

I also forgot to claim it in my name with a sign, oh well.

Now I don't even dare enter the server. Anything I could build would be embarrassing in comparison. T.T

Do what I do, build random shit out of pretty much 99.9% cobblestone, REALLY BIG.

Apparently my bridge is good, but that's just because it's FUCKING MASSIVE.

This emphasis on making things big and in your face kinda makes me feel like Brian Blessed...

water.jpg

That is excellent. I fixed my house up a lot more last night, I'm nearly ready to build my tower, which one day may rival yours happenstance. One day.

Won't be on tonight as the real world is actually going to engage me. Is it wrong I'm actually a little sad I won't see what happens this evening/add to my house/the city?

PS if someone can take a quick shot of my house that would be awesome, if not I'll do it when I get on. I just want to document it before I start building upwards :)

I didn't really wanna build anything last night cause (like you guys said) everything is so big and pretty.

I started to just build a small bunker out of earth.

But then you should just build for whatever fun purpose you have in mind.

I wanted to see how high you could build (hence the weird thing going really high).

And then I wanted to see how far down.

So they were in the same place so you can just jump!

It's called the Plunge of Doom.

Yeah we went down it and started digging a little to see what was around. Turned out it was nothing, but the drop was completely epic. My brother asked me last night how high you can actually build, and I said I don't know... but I do now want to find out.

water.jpg

Haha I like this, a cool manmade waterfall would be a nice thing to make, I might try later on.

Once my tower is super tall I might turn it into a waterfall on one side, perhaps so that it hits the lava outside my door. That may be interesting.

We should try and turn the area where the maze is into some kind of fun fair. Minecart Rollercoasters!

I'm glad we have a fountain in the square :) But Happenstance, what's with the two blocks of water?! How did you get them?

I feel like we need to do something with the temple. It's a bit empty at the mo.

Does anyone know what ports Minecraft uses?

When I login it just says "Cannot connect to Minecraft.net".

If I knew the ports it was using I could nicely ask the admins to allow them.

Just bought it, this server is was the lastpush that made me want to buy it.

Time to contribute to this town,

I'm glad we have a fountain in the square :) But Happenstance, what's with the two blocks of water?! How did you get them?

I feel like we need to do something with the temple. It's a bit empty at the mo.

What 2 blocks of water?