NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Worked for me

Mcoy thanks you, Mcoy will try and change some settings. Mcoy has got the server for a month now anyway :)

Mcoy is going to cook some dinner so people are free to go destroy things. Don't bother building anything as Mcoy will probably have to restart the server (when Mcoy first spawned the server creepers blew up the starting point)

How are we planning on doing this then? Just build whatever we want or go the community route some servers seem to have gone where we have almost our own NE town, mine we all work on etc?

I think if we all have a central "thing" that'd be sweet.

Then if people wanna go out of the limits and build their own things that'd be nice.

I think if we all have a central "thing" that'd be sweet.

Then if people wanna go out of the limits and build their own things that'd be nice.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

Just had a quick look around, weve got a pretty awesome cave right next to the spawn point. Ive never been lucky enough to get a cave like that on any of my levels. This is one of the ones that just seems to keep on going, mine are always just small holes then stop.

Mcoy is making enquires into how to upload and backup maps we may be working on. Mcoy currently cannot see this option and does not want everyone to put hours of effort In only to lose it to a griefer/server crash.

Mcoy does not know a full set of commands but these will be VERY HANDY

/home (warps you to your home point)

/sethome (sets a new home point)

/tp*playername* (will teleport you to a player

/playerlist (lists all players on the server)

So is this set up and ready to go or are you planning to do a reset still? I'll get on tonight if we're keeping it as it is. Great work too, get your pay pal up quick smart.

Met the fish in there earlier. He tried to kill me with a wooden sword before we got organised. The cave looks pretty awesome, there's another one near it too with a bit of a drop. Will definitely be worth exploring. I'll be on again tomorrow night I expect. It's so awesome though :-) well done for being so awesome mcoy

Server just crashed for me, fail.

Met the fish in there earlier. He tried to kill me with a wooden sword before we got organised.

Lies! :heh:

I love Mcoy the happiness he's brought us.

Like Will said, will you be resetting it or is it ok from now?

Also, are we putting an awesome N-Europe password on it?

And, and, and, tell us how much it is a month and stuff, people will happily pitch in money.

EDIT: Just went on and for me it was really buggy, I suspect my internet is to blame though.

When I was mining the blocks would just reappear after 10 seconds.

I'll play when I'm at work though.

Edited by Wesley

I may join in with the N Europe minefest. Quite involved in my single player though.

Stage 1 is complete:

Stage1.jpg

The flat area runs down the coast and round the corner to the right.

On to the build!

Mcoy has heard of some jumpiness issues.

Mcoy has also had his friend kindly setup starter permissions. We'll keep the current map for now but if the jumpiness continues Mcoy may contact the host company. Cost for 16 man servers is 16 pounds per month, Mcoy has only purchased 1 month for the time being.

Mcoy would appreciate If anyone has any problems/loses any rare items to contact him and he'll try and get them sorted for you.

Edited by Brian Mcoy

Just tested the chest, you should be able to keep your items if you deposit them into a chest before you disconnect.

The jumpiness isn't too bad, but I'm loving the server, went sperlunking in a cave and came out with crap loads of coal, so I'm loving the progress I've made.

Just tested the chest, you should be able to keep your items if you deposit them into a chest before you disconnect.

The jumpiness isn't too bad, but I'm loving the server, went sperlunking in a cave and came out with crap loads of coal, so I'm loving the progress I've made.

Mcoy was wondering If you could test if items are kept in your inventory if you disconnect and reconnect please?

Mcoy should probably sort out a seperate thread for server talk or it will end up spamming this thread to bits.

Just finished messing about on there again. Once we stopped getting disconnected it was pretty awesome. Ive now got myself a nice little cave and a shack next to a volcano.

Mcoy was wondering If you could test if items are kept in your inventory if you disconnect and reconnect please?

Mcoy should probably sort out a seperate thread for server talk or it will end up spamming this thread to bits.

Just logged in, my items on hand are still intact.

When I logged in everything in my inventory was still there.

Had trouble being disconnected constantly though, I'll try tomorrow night and then at work to see if it's my internet.

You should start a separate thread in the gaming section for the server.

Also email people your Paypal so they can deposit monies!

The NE city (at least the first one) is looking pretty good so far next to the Volcano. Its hilarious as well watching people working next to it, getting too close and setting on fire.

Mcoy and Minecraft are two of my favourite things right now.

Spooky Edit: I just completed a glass structure, reminiscent of St Pancras and decided to use Cartograph to get an overview of my map. I've only been playing on this world for a short time and have been focusing all of my attentions on completing the glass building and mining beneath, so it came as a shock when Cartograph spat this out:

l_14ced6397e2643ce8ec51df8dbccf425.jpg

I was terrified. I thought I was alone in this world, but someone else has been slaving away building some wooden tower. I immediately built a boat and went in search of this building and sure enough it's a fully fledged tower. There is a door about halfway up, with a rudimentary staircase leading to it, a work bench and storage containers inside, with a tonne of arrow's and coal, and stairs descending into the earth below.

I don't know whether this is a bug in the game, the work of another human being or just me going crazy but every second I spend in their tower creeps me out.

Mcoy heard tales of a ghost haunting the game in other peoples worlds, people reported that human built stuctures could be found and a human NPC could sometimes be seen in the mist.

Most of these reports were disregarded, an interesting case non the less :)

365px-1283223082465.jpg

Edited by Brian Mcoy

Oh god, that's one hell of an Easter Egg, I have to say - sometimes you get a random snow mode, sometimes you get a random ghost... :heh:

Got cartographer so I can see my map. It seems like I picked the best place to built my project. I wanted a flat area near the sea and it seems that by sheer luck, I picked the flattest area. The start of my Kingdom:

Map1.jpg

Any chance we could get the server mapped? I want to see what the volcano looks like. :heh:

Not sure how to use cartographer for online maps. I'm guessing it's something Mcoy would have to do.

Just had a quick look at the NE map and added my own little area, including a communal mine that anyone can use to dig if need be.

Not sure how to use cartographer for online maps. I'm guessing it's something Mcoy would have to do.

Just had a quick look at the NE map and added my own little area, including a communal mine that anyone can use to dig if need be.

Is your area in the city or elsewhere? Had a look around this morning and couldnt really tell.

The city is looking better, cleared out a big space this morning with Mcoys mate added another level to my house along with a tunnel down to the caves and we made a water fountain.

So I've been interested in trying this game, so I checked the site yesterday. I loaded the free mode, but it didn't seem like I could do anything in it other than walk around? Is there a mode I can try for free where I can actually do stuff in?

Also, will it run on my 5 year old MacBook with no mouse to control the game? =P