NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Just a few pictures from this morning's playtime...

screenshot20101011at100.png

screenshot20101011at122.png

We really need more N-E people online, it's so much better than the single player mode.

I will surely be back on tonight. Damn my working hours, and my incessant need to build more things!

Mcoy does not have access to the world folders so he cannot make fancy over view maps at this time.

On a plus note Mcoy has been assured that all work has been backed up today and that access to the world folders Is being looked Into.

In the middle of finishing my second tower at the moment, i'll post some photos once its done. Taking ages because most of it is glass so that has to cook and I have to keep collecting the sand.

Oh, I meant in the Alpha. Is it possible to change your spawn point there?

A few times I've had the game crash on me, and when I reloaded the game, I was frozen in place and constantly got hurt until I died. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Also, I've encountered a bug with Cartographer. If I don't rotate the map - or if I both flip and rotate it - the map is actually mirrored. Anyone know a solution to this?

No answers to these questions?

No answers to these questions?

Sorry Dannyboy, I don't know either.

What I do know is that I've just completed the finishing touches on my maze!!

screenshot20101011at162.png

screenshot20101011at164.png

screenshot20101011at165.png

I know this is downright cheeky....but would someone let me log in as them and see if it will work? I won't do anything dumb or terrible I just want to run and see what happens. PLEASE! Obviously change your password do whatever....I just wanna see if it can run...

I know this is downright cheeky....but would someone let me log in as them and see if it will work? I won't do anything dumb or terrible I just want to run and see what happens. PLEASE! Obviously change your password do whatever....I just wanna see if it can run...

Check your PMs...

Been watching videos of this and some of the stuff that's been made, albeit with hacks, is really impressive. I really want to play this now as I have several ideas myself for creating structures. Need to put money in the ol' bank so I can look into getting it. Did try the classic version on the site and did have to turn up the fog to make it run smoother but running browser based stuff has been an issue lately so it'd probably be fine playing the game if I bought it. Hell, I could run WoW when I used to play it with settings nearly at the top and at a good and steady frame rate so this shouldn't be too hard to run on this laptop.

It'll definitely run, I play WoW with mid-high settings at 40-60fps, and Minecraft runs pretty much perfectly.

I didnt know, sorry.

Finished the second Happenstance Tower today:

towers.jpg

This won't end well. I can already hear the faint rustlings of a terrorist plot. Or is it the rustling of a government scheme. Oh ho! Conspiracies afoot!

Check your PMs...

thank you am trying it out now.

EDIT: tried it and got this error message:

Bad video card drivers!

-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.

This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------

Generated 11/10/10 18:38

Minecraft: Minecraft Alpha v1.1.2_01

Java: 1.6.0_17, Sun Microsystems Inc.

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.

LWJGL: 2.4.2

[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:196)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:554)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT 8e71cd30 ----------

checked my drivers and they are the latest although did hear that it can be an issue with open gl stuff so I'm quickly looking into that then going to see what I can with that.

Edited by flameboy

thank you am trying it out now.

EDIT: tried it and got this error message:

checked my drivers and they are the latest although did hear that it can be an issue with open gl stuff so I'm quickly looking into that then going to see what I can with that.

Bahh! I hope you get it working, it's not really the most demanding game ever...

I found Mcoy's secret prize cave!!!

screenshot20101011at180.png

Although I wasn't allowed to keep the goodies, dammit.

screenshot20101011at182.png

(slightly amended by me...)

Bahh! I hope you get it working, it's not really the most demanding game ever...

I found Mcoy's secret prize cave!!!

screenshot20101011at180.png

Although I wasn't allowed to keep the goodies, dammit.

(slightly amended by me...)

cheers...I managed to get it running in browser with graphics settings turned down but only in IE, opera and Chrome both crashed...it was slow but probably just about playable. Maybe if I shut down a ton of stuff like virus scanner etc...it may run better...plus yours is a snow game which may slow it down right?

cheers...I managed to get it running in browser with graphics settings turned down but only in IE, opera and Chrome both crashed...it was slow but probably just about playable. Maybe if I shut down a ton of stuff like virus scanner etc...it may run better...plus yours is a snow game which may slow it down right?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'snow game'... I mean, there's no snow in it if that's what you mean!! :blush:

Have you got the latest version of Java too?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'snow game'... I mean, there's no snow in it if that's what you mean!! :blush:

Have you got the latest version of Java too?

i loaded the top world that showed up on your profile there was snow....yeah got latest java. can i try it again?

Sure, try it now! :)

ok thank you...with a bit of tweaking etc...its just about playable in browser :)

Had loads of fun on the server tonight.

Can't seem to connect to Minecraft.net now though...

I was just about to put the finishing touch on my Plunge of Doom too!