NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Its annoying, in my prefered world where ive been building my caves I havent found one cave/mine to explore to look for ores etc

I've managed to find about 50 Iron and 2 gold. MadDog.....you are lucky

Gold is pretty useless anyway, unless you intend to make a golden apple, and even that requires 72 gold. Diamond on the other hand is awesome. I actually used to have 10-20 diamond, but it all got used up on picks and suchlike which have now broken. And I lost my diamond sword. :sad:

Think i got 24 red ore, and about 8 gold.

Oh, and about 9 diamonds.

RE: Saves becoming useless: You don't have to update the launcher/game. Surely that will keep your saves accessable? I'm running an old version of the game and everything still works fine.

And I'm happy to keep running the old version. I don't like that the new update makes torches burn out after a while.

I just feel really noobish about making stuff. I hear and see you all make all sorts of things, yet I can't seem to figure out how to do it. And I'm not even sure I want others to tell me. Part of the fun is figuring stuff out yourself.

Any of you guys have any traps that you use to get items off the monsters at night? Im thinking of building one so I dont have to go out and fight if I want something.

I just feel really noobish about making stuff. I hear and see you all make all sorts of things, yet I can't seem to figure out how to do it. And I'm not even sure I want others to tell me. Part of the fun is figuring stuff out yourself.

I don't know about everybody else, but I just looked up crafting online. Otherwise I'd have never figured most of it out.

Any of you guys have any traps that you use to get items off the monsters at night? Im thinking of building one so I dont have to go out and fight if I want something.

The best trap/trick I can think of is that you can attack through doors and enemies can't. Although they need to be placed from the outside (of where you'll be attacking from) for maximum effect. So perhaps lead a creature to your door close it and then attack with gusto safely..

I don't know about everybody else, but I just looked up crafting online. Otherwise I'd have never figured most of it out.

Yeah, I guess. I just felt really awesome figuring some of the things out by myself! :p

I was the same in not wanting to look online...

But I just don't have the time to figure out everything on my own.

So I gave in and watched a starter YouTube video.

I found out that if you click and hold the left mouse he continues to mine.

I was just clicking it once repeatedly and thinking, "This doesn't seem to work... hum..." :blush:

I was the same in not wanting to look online...

But I just don't have the time to figure out everything on my own.

So I gave in and watched a starter YouTube video.

I found out that if you click and hold the left mouse he continues to mine.

I was just clicking it once repeatedly and thinking, "This doesn't seem to work... hum..." :blush:

Yeah, I figured that myself. :p But yeah, I guess there's no shame in looking online.

RE: Saves becoming useless: You don't have to update the launcher/game. Surely that will keep your saves accessable? I'm running an old version of the game and everything still works fine.

Biomes, fish, harder enemies, making survival more difficult, more features in multiplayer... Not upgrading is not an option. ;)

@Dannyboy:

Don't know if it has been linked before, but look at the wiki.

I got lost in a huge cave system when I managed to play a bit yesterday. I'm really curious how fast torches will extinguish and what lanterns will take to craft. If I had had to find my way back in the dark, fumbling blindly for my extinguished torches, I don't think I would've made it out alive...

Placing and removing new torches to find the old ones might work, but having more and potentially harder monsters spawn in the dark right and left of you would have absolutely killed me.

One more thing: I carried a bucket of lava around with me and flooded caves with it in order to kill off monsters. But unlike water, a lava stream you place doesn't seem to stop when you collect the source lava block again with the bucket. I wonder if it's a bug? I guess pouring a water stream over the remaining lava will turn it to stone, but nevertheless, I had hoped the lava wouldn't remain. :P

Edited by Burny

Decided to go for a wander today to explore a bit, completely lost now and havent managed to find my way home before nightfall. I would make a compass but I dont have all the parts.

So yeah, I got this. Built a pretty epic glass house (I like natural light) and have just set myself up to start a proper mineshaft. Hopefully the way I have built it will keep it light no matter how deep I go. Started a different mine first, after a few game days, but it was so unsuccessful I got really disheartened. Back into it now though. Saw this today, thought it was both very odd and completely epic.

SKELETON RIDING A SPIDER!

screenshot20101006at194.png

In other news: What are these biobes things that everyone is talking about? And portals? I get that they'll be in the update, but what is it that they will actually do?

Ooh, also Dyson: How do I change my skin? I tried googling but it just confused me :/

Biomes. Different climatic zones, like desert and snow areas, all in one map. ;)

Got a problem at the moment. My Minecraft.exe isnt loading. Just keep getting the error message "Could not create the Java virtual machine". Did a quick search and people recommend either updating java (tried with no luck) or a method which uses the Linux version and some command prompt work. Unfortunately this last method apparently doesnt work forever.

I've had that happen as well. What solved for me is this. Specifically he says

Download Minecraft.exe, place it anywhere you want, then run it.

If that version doesn't work for some reason, try this: Minecraft.exe

The second one worked for me and hasn't given any issues.

As with others who've had the problem I can still play the browser version and the weird thing is, at the top where it tells you the amount of RAM being used etc its saying mine is only 400 odd. I assume thats whats messing up the exe version.

EDIT: Just tried and the other download didnt work either

Edited by Happenstance

Mcoy will purchase a server as soon as he knows how many people we'll rougly have +6 additional slots for new comers. If anyone wishes to donate Mcoy will provide his paypal as well to get things sorted.

Current list (Donator)

Brian Mcoy

Happenstance

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Dyson

Supergrunch

Nolan

dr4hkon

ShavenWolf

will'

Wesley

Nintendohnut

Edited by Brian Mcoy

I'll join, and would like to donate a few quid, but don't have a Paypal account right now...

Yo, count me in.

I'll also donate, but my paypal is empty atm and it takes a while to put some funds in.

If there's room I'll probably be in, too.

I might donate, depending on how the next few weeks at uni will work out financially. If not, then I won't be joining the server. Wouldn't be fair.